Plausible solution for outdoors museum subway train, outside city

pelhamlocal

Paris is bad example for transit museum because there is none and preservation of old stock is not really a priority, I will not say that none are preserved but it is well hidden (abandoned) in yards or tunnel.

Those old Sprague trains are no longer allowed to carrying passenger in the metro network since 2011 even for special ride.

The only way to have a Sprague carrying passengers in Paris area is in an unused circular track located in a military area near Versaillles.

The train run with an engine-generator.

Not sure what the op is getting at here, but even though the tm is running out of space (need to rotate some trains so most of them could be seen), it's not the same if you put them outside the city limits to see the older NYC subway cars. So it needs to be somewhere in the city.

I don't know, and I've been afraid to ask, but that area was hit really hard by the storm (it's behind the Fairway, which I believe only recently reopened from that), so I don't know how those cars were affected. No one's been saying anything on it.

Archived