Seoul Sagas: October 6, 2012 part two

mtattrain

Continuing from where I left off... heading south from Geumjeong to Dangjeong station:

After some train action at Dangjeong, I finally start to head up to Seoul, but I stop at Myeonghak station:

dsc01485k.jpg

dsc01486kn.jpg

dsc01487zs.jpg

Then I head to Singil station and wait for a special express train that runs 3 times a day on the weekdays (kinda like the (Z) if you can call the (Z) train an express :P )

dsc01488yr.jpg

dsc01489cm.jpg

dsc01490g.jpg

dsc01491ld.jpg

dsc01493ty.jpg

dsc01494o.jpg

dsc01495jt.jpg

The car on the left was built in early 1980, saved from retirement in 2000-2002, and connected to an active trainset:

dsc01496jm.jpg

dsc01498sm.jpg

dsc01500d.jpg

dsc01501tg.jpg

dsc01502.JPG

dsc01503i.jpg

dsc01505ie.jpg

dsc01506ry.jpg

8697254811_75f9638f7d_b.jpg

dsc01509yk.jpg

These screen doors are the oldest for an aboveground station.... (they even have weeds starting to grow near them!)

dsc01510rr.jpg

East to Seoul again... this train was refitted with new doors:

dsc01512yh.jpg

dsc01513s.jpg

dsc01515tu.jpg

And a final shot:

dsc01516z.jpg

Some more videos after the Dangjeong station action video... I was testing my new Sony Alpha A57's movie option...

A bullet train taking the slower route:

Two express subway trains on shared regional rail tracks:

Singil station trains (all bullet trains use this trackage thorough this station, shared with slower regional rail trains):

And the special express train!

A map for reference again:

riseofahuh.png

I would not railfan the Seoul Metro anymore from this time until December due to my busy schedule, but I would go to Hawaii during the first week of November. One part has already been posted, and can be seen here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/38110-hawaii-day-one/ . When time permits, I will post the other parts of my Hawaii adventures. But for now, stay tuned!

I don't think it is necessary to say that it is very similar to Tokyo urban/suburban railway stations.  :D

Do you have nice announcement songs ?

Korail is the National railway company of South Korea ? Like the JNR in Japan before the privatization ?

I don't think it is necessary to say that it is very similar to Tokyo urban/suburban railway stations.  :D

Do you have nice announcement songs ?

Korail is the National railway company of South Korea ? Like the JNR in Japan before the privatization ?

You could say that... and Japan even made some of our railway lines!

Archived