Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
RailRunRob

NYC Transit and MTA Bus in Connecticut

Seems the MTA  been loaning Buses from various depots to shuttle people from Bridgeport to Stamford in the absence of Metro-North service. Along with CT transit and some others. MCI's mix LFA's and even XD60's  here's some in action.

I wonder which B/O's got assigned to these runs. Is it all overtime? 

It's nice to see all this inter-agency work between MTA's various divisions

What depots? Is every depot in the city involved in this?

....anyways I always wanted to ride those Arctics on a long stretch of highway... too bad Arctics only run on really slow routes most of the time

....anyways I always wanted to ride those Arctics on a long stretch of highway... too bad Arctics only run on really slow routes most of the time

bronx depots  most queens depots and quill assigned per ttmg rosters

Xcelsiors in Stamford? Boy that should be a real PITA.

Don't see how, CT Transit has their 40ft Xcelsiors out there too.

Edited by Cait Sith

Don't see how, CT Transit has their 40ft Xcelsiors out there too.

Local buses out there from NYC ( Im sure they cleaned the buses), compared to Express Buses. The buses aren't like the MNRR seats (that's of least concern), and the fact that its not fit for the highway (if it has the governors).

The LFA in the video seemed to be moving fairly quick. The Local Buses seem to mostly be New Articulate types. Riding them on the Bx12 in the Bronx on I95 and on Pelham Parkway them seem to get fairly good speed.

It looks like MTA Bus, NYCT Bus, CT Transit, DATCO, PeterPan, Greater Bridgeport Transit Authority, 

I even see MTA's NOVA LFS Artic.

http://www.gazettenet.com/home/6377442-95/conn-commuter-rail-service-to-resume-wednesday

http://www.fairfieldcitizenonline.com/news/slideshow/The-Week-in-Photos-1569.php#photo-4661289

I also see Milford Transit and Norwalk WHEELS as well.

http://westportnow.com/

Edited by FamousNYLover

Local buses out there from NYC ( Im sure they cleaned the buses), compared to Express Buses. The buses aren't like the MNRR seats (that's of least concern), and the fact that its not fit for the highway (if it has the governors).

Most likely they raised the governors on the local buses so they can safely go on the highway

• Upvote 1

Oh, they're fit for the highway. I mean, they got here somehow.

I counted 15 over the two days. Only one not listed on the roster is Charleston.

Edited by SevenEleven
  • Upvote 1

I-95 could handle articulated bus since there are trailer truck, double trailer truck or triple trailer truck I have seen during my MegaBus trip to Boston with 2 Japanese friends.