Drunk man directs NJ Transit buses in Midtown

mfs NJT459

post-5097-0-03113900-1369227013_thumb.jpg
A man who doesn't work for New Jersey Transit but directed traffic at a bus lot in midtown while wearing an agency vest was regularly drunk on the job, possibly endangering commuters and pedestrians until NBC 4 New York began investigating. During one recent rush hour, with buses, cars, bikers and pedestrians all in a hurry to get home, NBC 4 New York's cameras caught the man at his post outside the 37th Street lot. Moments later, he left and hid behind a portable toilet to drink something concealed in a brown paper bag. And instead of returning to work, he headed down the block to a liquor store.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-03113900-1369227013_thumb.jpg

Typical.  Back when I was in high school, we had a teacher who would regularly come into class drunk.  They never fired him on account of his tenure, even after he allegedly threw up while proctoring the Regents exam.  Department of Education at its finest...

Typical.  Back when I was in high school, we had a teacher who would regularly come into class drunk.  They never fired him on account of his tenure, even after he allegedly threw up while proctoring the Regents exam.  Department of Education at its finest...

tenure needs to go bye bye LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Too surreal... 

So a lazy NJ Transit bus driver pays a homeless hobo to direct traffic for him so he can sleep. This is exposed by a major news organization and a NJ Transit spokesperson can only say that the homeless hobo is not working for them any longer and that they are investigating? What is there to investigate? Fire that bus driver, the reporters and that concerned citizen did all the investigation for them. Sadly though, it seems being in the unions is alot like being a made-man in the mafia... 

I has a chemistry teacher who grew up in the hippie generation. She was big on mescaline (peyote), shrooms and LSD. She used to give analogies based on her experiences with drugs to explain chemistry concepts. One time she explained osmosis etc, by talking about a trip she had on LSD and she kept on seeing cheeze doodles fall through a solid table for hours.

She's still in CUNY teaching classes. Go figure. Seriously though an excellent teacher. Now she just smokes cigarettes and drink coffee all day. She cut all that crap out for the sake of her health. (Plus the fact that LSD is no longer available in most states anymore.)

lol.

Archived