MSBA Fishbowl 9117

Im interested in the bus BEHIND the fishbowl... I hope they keep good care of that one since Im pretty sure MTA won't keep any Orion V CNGs for their museum fleet (Which is ironic since how many fans like those buses...)

Im interested in the bus BEHIND the fishbowl... I hope they keep good care of that one since Im pretty sure MTA won't keep any Orion V CNGs for their museum fleet (Which is ironic since how many fans like those buses...)

Preserving a CNG bus is a challenge, especially in areas where CNG doesn't grow on trees. Also nice pics, joe.

I remember on bustalk.info, there was a few pictures of Suburban Fishbowls numbered from 113-122. I wonder what Nassau County/MTA had in mind when those buses were bought.

back in the 1970`s the tracks on the lirr from ronkonkoma to greenport were in such horrible shape msba used those buses to service that portion of the railroad

joe

back in the 1970`s the tracks on the lirr from ronkonkoma to greenport were in such horrible shape msba used those buses to service that portion of the railroad

joe

That was the LIRR "Road n Rail" service that supplemented the train bet. Huntington & Greenport. That service started in 1963. It also ran bet. Babylon(initially Amityville) & Montauk. It was started by Huntington Coach,then taken over by Schenck Transp. up until 1973,when MSBA was established.

joe

Damn, it looks like it would've been fun as hell to busfan around that time. I've yet to ride a bus built before 1980. 

Archived