B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone has had superintendent chawik for trainin .how is he ?

I have him now are we in same 4 person class???

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Might be yes bc im also with him now lol from 9-5 out of gunhill depot in bronx..

Hey got my pre testing papers Saturday and go to 180 Livingston on Friday...

Got my CDL permit B with passenger

What am I'm looking forward to?

I sure it's been answered already, but I'm at work so I can't search as much as I would like to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey wassup, going thru training now on day 2, started march 6, check your permit for expiration date, needs to be valid 30days plus from date training starts, nyc cdl permits are valid for 6 months and you get one renewal for 6 more months and you dont need to retest for permit. after the one year you then have to retake cdl permit computer test. just something i found out. Saturday will be all paper work checking and drug screen, get there 30-40 minutes before your report time and you will get out quick. i did my pre screen on a saturday and it was not a busy day, good luck, you can send me a PM or a reply quote anytime, i will be glad to help, I have permit also, 

What can happends if have a pending ticket and court date is 2 months from now? That's all I have a pending ticket other than that A clean lisence.

I'm not 100% sure, however they may tell you to come back once it's resolved. If I was you, just pay it, make a copy of everything for your records, and move on with life.

Some people said that when you're on probation its not good to do over time? I don't understand that.

Also when you guys are training and you go do the bus final or practical, are you allowed to call out what you're doing? Like when you do the cdl road test. Example: potential hazard, proceeding with caution...looking to my right mirror and left clear to pass. Stuff like that?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yes because you're still getting used to different things, and it just takes time to get comfortable. As far as training, if I were you, treat the Superintendent(s) like the DMV examiner(s), by calling out each and every thing. An example of this can be seen in this YouTube video.

Tomorrow I was suppose to go in for a drug test for this exam, but since Im a probie at the moment, I rather wait to finish probation and transfer after. Anyone in here know who to call to ask to place my list number on hold or temporary remove?

Since this is a civil service exam, just like with me in 2019, you will probably have to go through DCAS to restore your name to the list. If that's the case, the phone # for them is 212-669-1357. Select option #2, enter your Social Security #, and follow the prompts. The automated system can fax you a form to fill out, in which you would have to mail it back to DCAS (and not NYC Transit).

Hey got my pre testing papers Saturday and go to 180 Livingston on Friday...

Got my CDL permit B with passenger

What am I'm looking forward to?

I sure it's been answered already, but I'm at work so I can't search as much as I would like to

Click here, herehere & here (posts #4884 & 4886 for the last link). Note that although one of those links is for the Track Worker examination, 95% of the information is pretty much the same. Once you're done with Livingston Street and you're ready to move on to Zerega, then click here. Should be self-explanatory.

Hey wass up im also goin threw the trainin i haves covered alot and doin well so fine but if u dontmine me askin when u say L pillars what are u refering to is it the pivot points and reference points ? I can defenitly use some help

"L" pillars are the pillars that hold the elevated sections of the subway lines above the ground (examples: IRT Flushing Line, IRT Pelham Line, BMT West End, BMT Culver, etc.) If you click here and find the 7th image from the bottom, it should make sense.

"Pivot point" is the item the bus pivots around when making a turn. It's the right rear tires when making a right turn, left rear tires when making a left turn. "Reference points" are the things you refer to when making your turns, such as the front bumper of the bus, your shoulder, the white or the yellow lines on the street, etc.

Edited by +Young+
Grammar Clarification...

I'm not 100% sure, however they may tell you to come back once it's resolved. If I was you, just pay it, make a copy of everything for your records, and move on with life.

Yes because you're still getting used to different things, and it just takes time to get comfortable. As far as training, if I were you, treat the Superintendent(s) like the DMV examiner(s), by calling out each and every thing. An example of this can be seen in this YouTube video.

Since this is a civil service exam, just like with me in 2019, you will probably have to go through DCAS to restore your name to the list. If that's the case, the phone # for them is 212-669-1357. Select option #2, enter your Social Security #, and follow the prompts. The automated system can fax you a form to fill out, in which you would have to mail it back to DCAS (and not NYC Transit).

Click here, here, here & here (posts #4884 & 4886 for the last link). Note that although one of those links is for the Track Worker examination, 95% of the information is pretty much the same. After that, click here. Should be self-explanatory.

"L" pillars are the pillars that hold the elevated sections of the subway lines above the ground (examples: IRT Flushing Line, IRT Pelham Line, BMT West End, BMT Culver, etc.) If you click here and find the 7th image from the bottom, it should make sense.

"Pivot point" is the item the bus pivots around when making a turn. It's the right rear tires when making a right turn, left rear tires when making a left turn. "Reference points" are the things you refer to when making your turns, such as the front bumper of the bus, your shoulder, the white or the yellow lines on the street, etc.

Oh ok thanks for ur response yea we defenitly work on pivot points and reference points and the instructor did mention L pillars i remember him tellin us about goin in between polls on the subway and stuff but we havent gotten to that yet i mean is only day 3 about to start for us now so probably within the next two days... thanks for the help

Edited by rafael28

I'm not 100% sure, however they may tell you to come back once it's resolved. If I was you, just pay it, make a copy of everything for your records, and move on with life.

Since this is a civil service exam, just like with me in 2019, you will probably have to go through DCAS to restore your name to the list. If that's the case, the phone # for them is 212-669-1357. Select option #2, enter your Social Security #, and follow the prompts. The automated system can fax you a form to fill out, in which you would have to mail it back to DCAS (and not NYC Transit).

Click here, here, here & here (posts #4884 & 4886 for the last link). Note that although one of those links is for the Track Worker examination, 95% of the information is pretty much the same. After that, click here. Should be self-explanatory.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% sure, however they may tell you to come back once it's resolved. If I was you, just pay it, make a copy of everything for your records, and move on with life.

Since this is a civil service exam, just like with me in 2019, you will probably have to go through DCAS to restore your name to the list. If that's the case, the phone # for them is 212-669-1357. Select option #2, enter your Social Security #, and follow the prompts. The automated system can fax you a form to fill out, in which you would have to mail it back to DCAS (and not NYC Transit).

Click here, herehere & here (posts #4884 & 4886 for the last link). Note that although one of those links is for the Track Worker examination, 95% of the information is pretty much the same. After that, click here. Should be self-explanatory.

thanks for pictures 

congratulations and all the best to everyone that going thru there 10 day 

TeeGrid67, Do your thing. You got this. We will all see each other on the road. I am so AMPED and EXCITED right now. Lol. Thank you to all the people on this Forum for keeping us informed and providing the necessary information to prepare us to become Successful and Safe Bus Operators.

FutureBOtoTO: They were up to 22XX about a 10 days ago and then BOOM, I got the letter today. (My List Number is 25XX)

You're probably looking at less than a month, so keep checking your mailbox.

This list is MOVING FAST and I AM SO GLAD. LOL

See you on the Road very soon.

Does one have to go to Zeraga everyday during the training? I have to report there at 7 am for he March 20th class. It's a tough commute for me from Staten Island. I guess driving there is not a option...

hello, I started march 6 class, on day 4 training today, I drove first day from bensonhurst , you need to be there around 445am to get angle parking  in front or parking on side streets of Zerega, also, its alternate parking on mondays on one side , most of the streets. I got placed at the gunhill depot in bronx for training. I hooked up with someone from staten island and we carpooled all week to depot for training. First day i took belt to vanwyck then over whitestone to 95n followed gps after that. took about 40min leaving at 4am. rest of week we carpooled to gunhill avoiding tolls thru manhattan. if you need any help with anything as you go thru process just PM or reply, glad to help you. first day all paper work stuff. dont forget your license and permit or cdl license, good luck

I'm also happy for those of you receiving pre employment letters n I wish all of you luck. Once y'all get thru drug n medical ready to start training just remember to keep your confidence in yourself they are not teaching you to drive but teaching you skills n technics of a bus. Listen n exacute day after day after day it gets better.

Hey sparrow how's it going??

Fantastic, need I say more, today we did the train EL pillars, I am training out of bronx , Gunhill depot, hardest part of day is commute from brooklyn and waiting sitting on bus waiting for my turn. LOL. Next week qualifying week, then if all goes well i still need to do DMV roadtest, I have CDL permit. Have Supt. Chadwick, what a blessing from above, the gods are watching over me, enough about me, how is everything going for you,