B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

That is wonderful n I'm happy for you that your pumped up n ready. Your gonna do just great n I wish you the best of luck in DMV test, I did el pillars today too been in Manhattan Bronx everyday from start. I'm at Mary Clare Hale depot I think that's the name lol n it has parking. 6 am to bout 145 pm everyday sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

TeeGrid67, Do your thing. You got this. We will all see each other on the road. I am so AMPED and EXCITED right now. Lol. Thank you to all the people on this Forum for keeping us informed and providing the necessary information to prepare us to become Successful and Safe Bus Operators.

Ty so much

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hello, I started march 6 class, on day 4 training today, I drove first day from bensonhurst , you need to be there around 445am to get angle parking  in front or parking on side streets of Zerega, also, its alternate parking on mondays on one side , most of the streets. I got placed at the gunhill depot in bronx for training. I hooked up with someone from staten island and we carpooled all week to depot for training. First day i took belt to vanwyck then over whitestone to 95n followed gps after that. took about 40min leaving at 4am. rest of week we carpooled to gunhill avoiding tolls thru manhattan. if you need any help with anything as you go thru process just PM or reply, glad to help you. first day all paper work stuff. dont forget your license and permit or cdl license, good luck

Thanks for your input. I'm sure I'll need plenty of help once training starts. Surely will PM you if necessary..

That is wonderful n I'm happy for you that your pumped up n ready. Your gonna do just great n I wish you the best of luck in DMV test, I did el pillars today too been in Manhattan Bronx everyday from start. I'm at Mary Clare Hale depot I think that's the name lol n it has parking. 6 am to bout 145 pm everyday sweet.

Ty so much

thanks, my best to you, love the Bronx we have parking also, as you said Gogettem, LOL

FutureBOtoTO: They were up to 22XX about a 10 days ago and then BOOM, I got the letter today. (My List Number is 25XX)

You're probably looking at less than a month, so keep checking your mailbox.

This list is MOVING FAST and I AM SO GLAD. LOL

See you on the Road very soon.

I'm excited thanks good luck to you. Good luck to everyone else(My fellow colleagues) in training.

**patiently waiting for my medical call back**

Drug test day was easy... in and out. Brought snacks for nothing [emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're lucky..Last Monday I was there from 7.40 am to 3 pm for the drug test. Be prepared to go for your medical on Tue/Wed. If you pass, you'll be on the March 20th class with me.

Hi Everyone, this my first time writing on this forum an found I it very informative. I have a few questions I wanted to ask since theres ppl here that are knowledgeable in the topic. I've procrastinated on getting my CDL permit for a while now an I recently received my entry letter today in the mail. I have to go in to Livingston st. On Thursday 16 , I plan on taking my permit on first thing Monday an just wanted to know if that's ok, also I have a pending hearing date on 4/20/17 for a speeding ticket. Do I have to mention this to them or should I keep my silence unless they ask. As of now my driving abstract is clean since I recently printed a copy of it. What are your recommendations please inform I would greatly appreciate every bit of information....Thank You.

First things first, you need CDL permit to continue processing, NYS license. Second you will have to clear up any pending violations and parking tickets before moving forward. Pay the tickets , they have direct scan link of your license to nysdmv system . Depending on how many points your ticket is for combined with last 3 years should not be more then 5 points.

First things first, you need CDL permit to continue processing, NYS license. Second you will have to clear up any pending violations and parking tickets before moving forward. Pay the tickets , they have direct scan link of your license to nysdmv system . Depending on how many points your ticket is for combined with last 3 years should not be more then 5 points.

thanks for the response sparrow857 I will take the test on Monday. An take it from there.

TeeGrid67, Do your thing. You got this. We will all see each other on the road. I am so AMPED and EXCITED right now. Lol. Thank you to all the people on this Forum for keeping us informed and providing the necessary information to prepare us to become Successful and Safe Bus Operators.

Wow they are up to 25xx I'm 31xx so it's close, I'm excited to start my career with MTA finally. This is something I can finally Call a CAREER and not a JOB.

Calm down folks, you don't want to jinx anything...if anything, send me a PM and I'll tell you my horror story from February of 2014 out of the Flatbush Depot with a Superintendent whose last name is "Hernandez..."

Edited by +Young+
Clarification

This is incorrect. If you have 5 points you will not be offered the job. 4 points is the maximum you are allowed. If you are facing 5 points I advise you to fight the ticket. If it's 4 or less you are good.

Thanks +Young+ for the option to PM about your experience but how can someone “JINX” something? I was just curious. People are happy and excited because they have worked all their lives for different companies and agencies and now something else has presented itself in their lives that will most likely better their quality of life. How can being “NATURALLY EXCITED” and getting “PREPARED” be a “JINX”?

Now were truly sorry for what happened with you back in 2014, but one cant impose what happened to them upon someone else’s feelings of being happy, feeling accomplished and excited for doing a job well done by passing an Open Competitive Civil Service Exam, then patiently waiting over 3 years for the results and then being called upon such good results. Everyone should be allowed to freely feel happy, excited and accomplished and ready to perform the tasks and duties of the job they are about to take on. I am and so are the countless others on this forum.

Edited by WLM

Thanks +Young+ for the option to PM about your experience but how can someone “JINX” something? I was just curious. People are happy and excited because they have worked all their lives for different companies and agencies and now something else has presented itself in their lives that will most likely better their quality of life. How can being “NATURALLY EXCITED” and getting “PREPARED” be a “JINX”?

Now were truly sorry for what happened with you back in 2014, but one cant impose what happened to them upon someone else’s feelings of being happy, feeling accomplished and excited for doing a job well done by passing an Open Competitive Civil Service Exam, then patiently waiting over 3 years for the results and then being called upon such good results. Everyone should be allowed to freely feel happy, excited and accomplished and ready to perform the tasks and duties of the job they are about to take on. I am and so are the countless others on this forum.

Omg well said n my thoughts as well

Omg well said n my thoughts as well

First, thank you for the kind words. Second, as far as "naturally excited" and "jinx" are concerned, all I have to say is "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

That's all...

Well guess what speaking for myself I'm counting

Not for nothing Young but your message to people sounds like a Debbie downer. Setting people's mind up for fail with your let me repeat YOUR horror story

Wow they are up to 25xx I'm 31xx so it's close, I'm excited to start my career with MTA finally. This is something I can finally Call a CAREER and not a JOB.

Wow this is good news. I'm 31xx as well. I just started line training at Ulmer Park depot last week as an OA so I can't wait for that TA letter to transfer over to Staten Island. For everyone starting their 7-10days, just *LISTEN* to your instructor and drive how they want you to drive.

For those already with a CDL B, you're already ahead of the ball game but you gotta come in with a fresh mindset as if you don't know how to drive a 40ft vehicle.

Wow this is good news. I'm 31xx as well. I just started line training at Ulmer Park depot last week as an OA so I can't wait for that TA letter to transfer over to Staten Island. For everyone starting their 7-10days, just *LISTEN* to your instructor and drive how they want you to drive.

For those already with a CDL B, you're already ahead of the ball game but you gotta come in with a fresh mindset as if you don't know how to drive a 40ft vehicle.

I'm great at taking instructions I learn and adapt fast. I know paying attention to them is key. I've spoken with a few mangers at some depots and superintendents. Long story short the company I work for as a supervisor in the field has security officers at some depots. That's where I absorbed my information.

Hey Scorpio how's line training in ulmer park depot? What routes do they have?

First, thank you for the kind words. Second, as far as "naturally excited" and "jinx" are concerned, all I have to say is "Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

That's all...

Well guess what speaking for myself I'm counting...

Not for nothing Young but your message to people sounds like a Debbie downer. Setting people's mind up for fail with your let me repeat YOUR horror story

I'm just trying to emphasize reality, that's all...