B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

You're lucky..Last Monday I was there from 7.40 am to 3 pm for the drug test. Be prepared to go for your medical on Tue/Wed. If you pass, you'll be on the March 20th class with me.

Eek!

Got the call today.

Wed x 180 Livingston for medical

There's a blizzard comin' tho... [emoji848]

Guess I'll be walking down Atlantic Ave to the spot lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am calm excited n I believe in myself. I never go by anybody else experience but my own. I suck things up n humble myself cause to be honest I already have skills. I'm just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY. And Thanks Teegrid76.

Do your thing. You got this.

Omg well said n my thoughts as well

Thank you Teegrid67. Somebody had to say something. I wont let anybody kill my dreams or anyone else's for that matter.

That's just the type of Human Being I am. I encourage everyone to live their life to its fullest potential everyday of their lives.

Training on pause for tomorrow guess we'll be trading on the weekend [emoji15]

Thats OK. Snow storm is gonna go by and then you will be right back in training the weekend like you said.

Training on hold tomorrow and 10am start on Wednesday , so far so good, today day 5 training, got yes check marks on all boxes and satisfactory for all days, now got to qualify on Wednesday day 6 in 18 inches of snow, this is going to really test my skill set and abilities, good luck to all. We got this!!!!!!

Damn they're already close too 3xxxx. I was in a finder bender last year Feb, will I be able to still get hired or my abstract absolutely suppose to be clean???

As I'm correcting this 12 hours later based on other posts, you might still be able to get hired. I'm not 100% sure though.

What's good though is that this is a civil service examination. Therefore, when the time comes, you can request thru DCAS to have your name restored to the list. When the time comes, your list # will stay the same, which should give you preference, depending on the situation at that time, respectively.

Edited by +Young+
Correction..

Your abstract has to be clean, whether you were at fault or not. Therefore, you will not be able to proceed until February of 2019, once the accident comes off.

What's good though is that this is a civil service examination. Therefore, when the time comes, you can request thru DCAS to have your name restored to the list. When the time comes, your list # will stay the same, which should give you preference, depending on the situation at that time, respectively.

So pretty much I'll have to wait another 2 yrs. my list number is 44xx. So they'll put my number on hold? Will I be guaranteed a position once the accident is off my abstract?

U can get hired with an accident on your record. If you have too many then no. One fender bender shouldn't be an issue. A buddy of mine on the job from my class had 2 accidents on his abstract, one in his car and one with a cdl vehicle form his previous job, and he was hired.

Your abstract doesn't need to be clean, I found out you can have 4 points or less, also, an accident doesn't disqualify you either. Please be cautious regarding the responses you are reading, trust but verify. One thing is no pending violations or open parking tickets. Some people I found out on this forum do work for MTA and some do not, only you are in control of your destiny, so buckle up, stop on the red lights and no speeding. Practice save driving skills until you are called. When you get your call to 180 Livingston St, they will tell what needs to be done.

So pretty much I'll have to wait another 2 yrs. my list number is 44xx. So they'll put my number on hold? Will I be guaranteed a position once the accident is off my abstract?

To yo0910, It is an open competitive exam, as you go through the process and your paper work is in order then you have to pass training, if your on hold or place yourself on hold, you can comeback at a later date and continue the process. This doesn't mean a position will be held for you, if they are not hiring at the later time you would have to wait until they are. As long as the list number date doesn't not expired. You can call DCAS to see what number from your exam they are calling and last number hired, it is usually updated on Sunday, this has been my experience, if I explained any incorrect info, I welcome other positive knowledgeable people to correct me, we are all in this together , thanks

Starting class on March 20th. Since I'm from State Island, my preference is Castleton or any other Depot in Staten Island. If none of those available, what are the other depots in Brooklyn closer to Staten Island?

Im not too sure about depot close to staten island but on orientation day u can ask ur superintendent there but keep in mind as far as for the 10 day training u dont get to pick what depot u want to do ur training out of they pick it for u ramdomly ... once u complete the training then thats when u get to pick ur depot based on availability...

Im not too sure about depot close to staten island but on orientation day u can ask ur superintendent there but keep in mind as far as for the 10 day training u dont get to pick what depot u want to do ur training out of they pick it for u ramdomly ... once u complete the training then thats when u get to pick ur depot based on availability...

From the posts here, I gather that the training is always at a depot in the Bronx. What I meant was after training...

U can get hired with an accident on your record. If you have too many then no. One fender bender shouldn't be an issue. A buddy of mine on the job from my class had 2 accidents on his abstract, one in his car and one with a cdl vehicle form his previous job, and he was hired.

Your abstract doesn't need to be clean, I found out you can have 4 points or less, also, an accident doesn't disqualify you either. Please be cautious regarding the responses you are reading, trust but verify. One thing is no pending violations or open parking tickets. Some people I found out on this forum do work for MTA and some do not, only you are in control of your destiny, so buckle up, stop on the red lights and no speeding. Practice save driving skills until you are called. When you get your call to 180 Livingston St, they will tell what needs to be done.

Wow...the requirements have been "loosened" since I went through the process in 2014...thanks for the heads up!

To yo0910, It is an open competitive exam, as you go through the process and your paper work is in order then you have to pass training, if your on hold or place yourself on hold, you can comeback at a later date and continue the process. This doesn't mean a position will be held for you, if they are not hiring at the later time you would have to wait until they are. As long as the list number date doesn't not expired. You can call DCAS to see what number from your exam they are calling and last number hired, it is usually updated on Sunday, this has been my experience, if I explained any incorrect info, I welcome other positive knowledgeable people to correct me, we are all in this together , thanks

First, well said. To be a little more specific, they update it on Sunday evenings, after 4/5 PM(ish). Here's the phone #: 212-669-1357. Select option 2, followed by your 9-digit Social Security #, then follow the prompts.

Edited by +Young+

From the posts here, I gather that the training is always at a depot in the Bronx. What I meant was after training...

Yes but that is only the first day u report to zerega and then u dont report back until ur done threw the t10 day trainin.. what im tryna say is u only go to zerega on the first day and toward the end of orientation they tell u were ur gona report for the rest of the training ... ur not goin to zerega for the entire two weeks, u only go there the first day...

Oh ok yea i got what u sayin now sry u read ur response incorrectly ...

Edited by rafael28

Eek!

Got the call today.

Wed x 180 Livingston for medical

There's a blizzard comin' tho... [emoji848]

Guess I'll be walking down Atlantic Ave to the spot lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did mine this morning in the Snow and Sleet. CONGRATS You will be good tomorrow.

Starting class on March 20th. Since I'm from State Island, my preference is  Castleton or any other Depot in Staten Island. If none of those available, what are the other depots in Brooklyn closer to Staten Island

flatbush depot is about 20min to 30min from the verzano b and ulmer bus depot is about the same distance from the bridge 

Edited by mastap123

Starting class on March 20th. Since I'm from State Island, my preference is  Castleton or any other Depot in Staten Island. If none of those available, what are the other depots in Brooklyn closer to Staten Island?

Jackie Gleason depot closest to island and Ulmer Park.

Hoping to get into Fresh Pond depot if not anywhere in brooklyn would due I just need to start working again. Been out of work for a week now lol.

good luck and wishing everyone that is going thru the 10 day training i can't wait to receive my pre employment letter

What's your list number ?

Hoping to get into Fresh Pond depot if not anywhere in brooklyn would due I just need to start working again. Been out of work for a week now lol.

What's your list number ?

my list# 40**

Edited by mastap123