B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a day today. Enjoying the empty buses as I do my trips. Good luck to everyone this week trying to qualify. Put your A+ game and execute what you've been thought. Be a Operator not a driver and Good luck. Hopefully I'll see some of you if you pick in Flatbush

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Whats up guys..I have some time on the job now but forgot the process and dont have time to scroll...friend has to report tomorrow for the first time..got her package in the mail....she needs her permit correct? If no permit they turn her away and say come back..right?

Edited by nycpips

Whats up guys..I have some time on the job now but forgot the process and dont have time to scroll...friend has to report tomorrow for the first time..got her package in the mail....she needs her permit correct? If no permit they turn her away and say come back..right?

What's her list number, if you don't mind me asking?

The Brooklyn depots that are closest to Staten Island are Jackie Gleason and Ulmer Park. Gleason is in Sunset Park, which is not far at all to the bridge, while Ulmer Park is in Bensonhurst. I started at Jackie Gleason and was there for 4-5 months, I then transferred to Fresh Pond and was there for one month before my transfer to Queens finally came thru. Gleason was a great depot, and most of their routes are good. I left due to it being too far from where I live, which is in Queens. If you have any questions about the depots feel free to private message me.

The Brooklyn depots that are closest to Staten Island are Jackie Gleason and Ulmer Park. Gleason is in Sunset Park, which is not far at all to the bridge, while Ulmer Park is in Bensonhurst. I started at Jackie Gleason and was there for 4-5 months, I then transferred to Fresh Pond and was there for one month before my transfer to Queens finally came thru. Gleason was a great depot, and most of their routes are good. I left due to it being too far from where I live, which is in Queens. If you have any questions about the depots feel free to private message me.

What routes do Gleason have B4,9,35,37,63,67(?),68,69(?),70 what else I'm just wondering?

Correct on the permit, needs permit with passenger endorsement and air brakes, A3 restriction is OK she will be driving instate only so no need for fed dot medical,

thanks

What's her list number, if you don't mind me asking?

26**

What routes do Gleason have B4,9,35,37,63,67(?),68,69(?),70 what else I'm just wondering?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_depots_of_MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations

What a day today. Enjoying the empty buses as I do my trips. Good luck to everyone this week trying to qualify. Put your A+ game and execute what you've been thought. Be a Operator not a driver and Good luck. Hopefully I'll see some of you if you pick in Flatbush

today was great, nice and quiet.I might have had 25 people total with 6 trips.  Back to reality tomorrow. 

thanks

26**

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_depots_of_MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations

today was great, nice and quiet.I might have had 25 people total with 6 trips. Back to reality tomorrow.

Oh yes. Barely 8 passengers my first half, but tomorrow will be back to school and the public returning back to work.

Went to Pre-Employment yesterday at 180 Livingston. Drug Screen completed as well. Saw a lot of people there for Bus Operator and about 6 or 7 guys there going from Bus Operator to Dispatcher. They were sitting all together on the left side. If any of those guys are on this Forum CONGRATS.

I got there at 7:30am and was finished around 12noon. Wasn't a bad wait as they were kinda crowded and it was a Snow Day yesterday. I was told to wait for an email that I should receive within 3 - 90 days. I have the 21-Pager and filling it out now.

Whats the next step people? I'm ready as I already have my CDL Class B License too.

Went to Pre-Employment yesterday at 180 Livingston. Drug Screen completed as well. Saw a lot of people there for Bus Operator and about 6 or 7 guys there going from Bus Operator to Dispatcher. They were sitting all together on the left side. If any of those guys are on this Forum CONGRATS.

I got there at 7:30am and was finished around 12noon. Wasn't a bad wait as they were kinda crowded and it was a Snow Day yesterday. I was told to wait for an email that I should receive within 3 - 90 days. I have the 21-Pager and filling it out now.

Whats the next step people? I'm ready as I already have my CDL Class B License too.

You might get an email on Thursday for medical on Friday. Just be prepared. If you pass medical, you'll be in the class with me on March 20th. Keep us posted.

Edited by dissa2000

Next listen for call or email for your medical n final processing. Having your cdl is great less stress best of luck n enjoy

I'll be moving on to day 7 tomorrow. Doing just great YES

Here in training until 6 pm today ugh lol

Day 6 Passed, on to day 7, almost there, good luck to fellow trainees .

CONGRATS SPARROW857

Medical is next should be soon, not sure if there's enough time to make March 20 class, good luck

Thanks Sparrow857. That would be great.

You might get an email on Thursday for medical on Friday. Just be prepared. If you pass medical, you'll be in the class with me on March 20th. Keep us posted.

Thanks dissa2000. Waiting on the Medical then. And I will keep everyone posted.

March 20th sounds GREAT. Hope to see you then.

I made it on day 7 yaaa. Hope all my fellow trainees made it as well. Let's celebrate lol

GOOOOOO TEEGRID67. YOU GOT THIS. Were all rooting for you.

And yes we all need to get together and celebrate when this is all done and we QUALIFY.

Just say the word and I AM THERE. LOL