B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

LOL super saint, I told that story about the socks to my classmates, we were waiting for the new classes to check their socks,LmAO

I am set up this week for DMV road test , Monday day 10 , cel permit people go for dmv road test training at kings bridge depot and road test either Tuesday or Wednesday , first test we get 2 chances for passing dmv

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ty Young I appreciate it

You're welcome.

And where do you take it?

And if you happen to fail that, what happens next?

As far as where you take it, it's actually a couple of blocks away from Zerega Avenue. If you don't believe me, refer to this DMV webpage (for the Bronx) and Google Maps if you're unsure of the area. Don't worry, they will provide a bus for you.

If you fail the road test and you qualified on Day 10, you will be forced to resign. If you qualified on either Days 7 or 9, you will have to redo the 10-day training class, followed by another road test, respectively. 

All this positive attitude makes me wish they would call me back. I just restored myself to the list two weeks ago. Congratulations to all who are making it.

Call Ms.Chestnut (347) 643-8213 and let her know you restored. I did after two weeks and she called me back the following day for drug test.

Day 0 at Zerega today...paperwork, paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork. Drew there from Staten Island at 4.30, got there by 5.15am. No issue with parking.

Tomorrow, training out of Yukon,Staten Island, 10 min from my home ...am I lucky or what...:??

Sup. Negron..anybody here had him before..??

Hey everybody! This is my first time posting here. I received my pre employment letter last week to attend for appointment for this week. I'm worried that there's a slight chance that I might fail the drug screening. Should I be honest and just tell them if they ask me or should I just take my chances and just go for it? Also, if I fail Do I get a 2nd chance?

Day 0 at Zerega today...paperwork, paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork. Drew there from Staten Island at 4.30, got there by 5.15am. No issue with parking.

Tomorrow, training out of Yukon,Staten Island, 10 min from my home ...am I lucky or what...:??

Sup. Negron..anybody here had him before..??

You're lucky to be close home but Supt Negro I had him for my 7 day. I qualified with him on day 7. Just keep in mind he's from the military so he will be tough on you, just follow his instructions and make him feel proud. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Depending on what drugs your taking to cause you to fail, you don't get a second chance, if it's street drugs just postpone your appointment take your name off list, clean up your act, then put your name back on list. They only do a DOT 5 panel test that's the law, google it see if it's one of the 5, then make you choice, good luck

Hey everybody! This is my first time posting here. I received my pre employment letter last week to attend for appointment for this week. I'm worried that there's a slight chance that I might fail the drug screening. Should I be honest and just tell them if they ask me or should I just take my chances and just go for it? Also, if I fail Do I get a 2nd chance?

They're not going to ask you anything about substance abuse. You just have to do the test. I don't know what happens if you fail..You also can not report for the test in which case, you'll be taken off the list, but can get restored your name when ready.

You're lucky to be close home but Supt Negro I had him for my 7 day. I qualified with him on day 7. Just keep in mind he's from the military so he will be tough on you, just follow his instructions and make him feel proud. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Thanks..I'll keep that in mind..

Yes it was street drugs. It was my birthday last week and I was watching Scarface with my friiends and I did something that I shouldn't have. Yes I'm an idiot I know. So the way to postpone is to simply not show up? Or is it better to call them? Andonce I restore my number do I get a random number again? Thank you guys for patiently answering my questions, as I'm freaking out.

Yes it was street drugs. It was my birthday last week and I was watching Scarface with my friiends and I did something that I shouldn't have. Yes I'm an idiot I know. So the way to postpone is to simply not show up? Or is it better to call them? Andonce I restore my number do I get a random number again? Thank you guys for patiently answering my questions, as I'm freaking out.

if you don't show up your name will be removed and you'll have to restore it back. You have 3 chances until the list expires.

if you don't show up your name will be removed and you'll have to restore it back. You have 3 chances until the list expires.[/

Ok cool. Last question, I promise. Do I have to check the decline box and sign on the pre employment letter and send it to Livingston?

I'm one step closer to obtaining NY CDL License. My 2 week of driving. I need to work on my Pre Trip inspection and parking. But the actual driving in heavy traffic to me comes as a breeze. I told my instructor I rather loss points for parking then failing because I hit the curb.

I'm one step closer to obtaining NY CDL License. My 2 week of driving. I need to work on my Pre Trip inspection and parking. But the actual driving in heavy traffic to me comes as a breeze. I told my instructor I rather loss points for parking then failing because I hit the curb.

my road test is for next Friday. I was scheduled for a February road test but I thought I was going to make a class for conductor but I missed it. I find driving with traffic not so bad. My parking is on point and I call out everything I see. My instructor was very good and showed me tips and tricks to ace the road test. I just have to calm my nerves once the road test starts. I'm doing my road test out in Hicksville Long Island since I heard it isn't a bad road test site compared to the ones in the city especially out in queens. Plus there are tons of videos on you for the pre-trip inspection to use as a study guide.

my road test is for next Friday. I was scheduled for a February road test but I thought I was going to make a class for conductor but I missed it. I find driving with traffic not so bad. My parking is on point and I call out everything I see. My instructor was very good and showed me tips and tricks to ace the road test. I just have to calm my nerves once the road test starts. I'm doing my road test out in Hicksville Long Island since I heard it isn't a bad road test site compared to the ones in the city especially out in queens. Plus there are tons of videos on you for the pre-trip inspection to use as a study guide.

First off good luck on your road test. Its was my 2nd day in a large vehicle the instructor I have is great. The school gave me a study sheet of the steps for the pre trip so I'm looking over that. I feel confident I can pass. I think my road test will be in red hook in Brooklyn.

First off good luck on your road test. Its was my 2nd day in a large vehicle the instructor I have is great. The school gave me a study sheet of the steps for the pre trip so I'm looking over that. I feel confident I can pass. I think my road test will be in red hook in Brooklyn.

Thanks same to you. Red hook I heard isn't as bad as queens. The good thing is we don't have to do anything under the hood like some other states.

if you don't show up your name will be removed and you'll have to restore it back. You have 3 chances until the list expires.[/

Ok cool. Last question, I promise. Do I have to check the decline box and sign on the pre employment letter and send it to Livingston?

You and i are on the same boat. If anyone can answer this question I'd be most grateful for your insight on the situation.

Can anyone answer this question please. If you qualify during the initial 10 training, do you continue right into the remaining 4 weeks of training? I plan to use vacation time for the initial 10 days, and I'm curious about hiw tonproceed with my current job after qualifying.