B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Oh ok yea everyone tells me the se thing drive slowly and be careful especially threw probation that camera tickets can hurt u and stuff like they tell me dont rush and be careful safety above everything ... are u still on probation urself ? If so how is it goin for u so far?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I guess the hardest part is hearing everyone tell u to be careful and stuff they probably make it sound harder than it actually is .. i mean i hear most people make the probation so if thats the case is not so hard ?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh ok yea everyone tells me the se thing drive slowly and be careful especially threw probation that camera tickets can hurt u and stuff like they tell me dont rush and be careful safety above everything ... are u still on probation urself ? If so how is it goin for u so far?

Yes still have months ahead to go. Each month that passes I mark them down.

We just have to do the right thing and be EXTRA careful all city jobs have a probationary period ... just a little hard knowin u have that pressure there but best of luck to all of us goin threw the probation now..

Edited by rafael28

Congrats TeeGRid67 on your Line Training.

And Congrats to Bklyn Style on finishing your Probation.

And thanks FutureBOTo for the "yellow lights are red lights" rule. That is duly noted.

Well fellow Bus Operators and Future Bus Operators, the verdict is in. I was fingerprinted today, sworn in, was given my Benefits and Employment Package, Rules and Regs Book, Code of Ethics Book etc. and told to report to Zerega on Monday April 3rd at 7am.

I am happy and excited that it's finally happening. Looking forward to learning how to operate and to drive the "MTA WAY"

Anyone else on this forum is scheduled for the April 3rd Training?

Day 1 line training was a blast great group of bus operators at Ulmer Park, had a 12 hour day with a 3 hour swing, cruised the B3 route, congrats to all at zerega training and those starting April 3 class, it is what it is, listen to the instructors, enjoy the riders, cheresh your days off with your families, GOGETTUM,

:: LIST UPDATE ::

I called Ms. Chestnut today to see what number they're up to and then she asked for my list number and social. Mine is 31xx and she said we sent you a letter already and I should have came in on the Monday that just passed. I told her I never received my letter and she told me to come in next Monday with all my paper work etc.

So if your number is at 31xx and didn't get a letter yet, I suggest you call.

My process should be easy as I'm just switching agencies from OA to TA so I can put a transfer in to go to Staten Island hopefully.

Congrats TeeGRid67 on your Line Training.

And Congrats to Bklyn Style on finishing your Probation.

And thanks FutureBOTo for the "yellow lights are red lights" rule. That is duly noted.

Well fellow Bus Operators and Future Bus Operators, the verdict is in. I was fingerprinted today, sworn in, was given my Benefits and Employment Package, Rules and Regs Book, Code of Ethics Book etc. and told to report to Zerega on Monday April 3rd at 7am.

I am happy and excited that it's finally happening. Looking forward to learning how to operate and to drive the "MTA WAY"

Anyone else on this forum is scheduled for the April 3rd Training?

Thank you, I'm scheduled for my drug test on Monday March 27th. Good luck in the April class, I'll probably in a class after that but then again who knows. Anything is possible.

:: LIST UPDATE ::

I called Ms. Chestnut today to see what number they're up to and then she asked for my list number and social. Mine is 31xx and she said we sent you a letter already and I should have came in on the Monday that just passed. I told her I never received my letter and she told me to come in next Monday with all my paper work etc.

So if your number is at 31xx and didn't get a letter yet, I suggest you call.

My process should be easy as I'm just switching agencies from OA to TA so I can put a transfer in to go to Staten Island hopefully.

I'll see you Monday that's when I have my drug test. I just got my letter today. List number 31xx. Funny part I called DCAS yesterday and the number they have is in the 1900s

We just have to do the right thing and be EXTRA careful all city jobs have a probationary period ... just a little hard knowin u have that pressure there but best of luck to all of us goin threw the probation now..

If it's something you REALLY want in my opinion it's probation but I want think of it as probation. If you think that way unfortunately something might happen. Just my 2 cents

Just passed the probationary period, glad it's over. Those who recently passed training congrats, just make sure you stick to what is taught, getting extended sucks!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yo Bklynstyle congraduations man, I'm glad you made it thru probation. I worked with u at Jackie Gleason for a while, transferred to Fresh Pond, now I am at Casey Stengel. Congrats man.

For all the guys in line training.... get used to working long runs. The reason your getting such big runs is because you are working with senior operators and they get the big runs. Once line training is over you won't get that many big runs like that. Also for your late slips ( cut slips or deviation slips) whatever you want to call them, I advise you to OTO them all so you get more time that you can take off during probation. Just my advice.

Yo Bklynstyle congraduations man, I'm glad you made it thru probation. I worked with u at Jackie Gleason for a while, transferred to Fresh Pond, now I am at Casey Stengel. Congrats man. For all the guys in line training.... get used to working long runs. The reason your getting such big runs is because you are working with senior operators and they get the big runs. Once line training is over you won't get that many big runs like that. Also for your late slips ( cut slips or deviation slips) whatever you want to call them, I advise you to OTO them all so you get more time that you can take off during probation. Just my advice.

Any opening in Casey now? I been waiting forever for the transfer.

Yo Bklynstyle congraduations man, I'm glad you made it thru probation. I worked with u at Jackie Gleason for a while, transferred to Fresh Pond, now I am at Casey Stengel. Congrats man.

For all the guys in line training.... get used to working long runs. The reason your getting such big runs is because you are working with senior operators and they get the big runs. Once line training is over you won't get that many big runs like that. Also for your late slips ( cut slips or deviation slips) whatever you want to call them, I advise you to OTO them all so you get more time that you can take off during probation. Just my advice.

Thanks! Hope all is working out for you at the new depot!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So this morning a passenger fussing about me cause I didn't run a yellow light lol claiming she's late for work, so in other words I must run red lights for her to get to work even if it cost me to lose mines NOT HAPPENING lol

Line training is getting better. How's everyone doing on 1-10 training? Hope all is well.

Edited by Teegrid67

Just checking in day 3 line training at Ulmer Park, what a blast 3 blocks from my house, great group of bus operators. Good luck to new classes.

That's great ulmer park is close to. My house as well not 3 blocks close but closer then rest. Hopefully once I get thru the 7/10 day training UP Depot will be an available pick. I just did the drug test yesterday now it's waiting 3-90 days.

Only one out of four of us has the chance to qualify on day 7, that's tomorrow. I did just one stupid mistake in Union Square. Instead of making a full stop when a driver opened his parked car door on my right side, I slowed the bus down and inched forward. Though I had the breaks covered  if needed to stop, I was bit too close to the car. Didn't get charlie braked, driver got into the car without incident, but not coming to a full stop cost me. Another two extra days of training will do me good.

Hope this will help the future candidates....

Edited by dissa2000

So this morning a passenger fussing about me cause I didn't run a yellow light lol claiming she's late for work, so in other words I must run red lights for her to get to work even if it cost me to lose mines NOT HAPPENING lol

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile appLine training is getting better. How's everyone doing on 1-10 training? Hope all is well.

Maybe she should've gotten up earlier lol. Always safety first. It's going to happen, but I'm not worried I know what needs to be done and how to do my job. Lol dealing with the public isn't easy and isn't for everybody. Ive been dealing with the public for 12 years. I'm used to it by now.

Only one out of four of us has the chance to qualify on day 7, that's tomorrow. I did just one stupid mistake in Union Square. Instead of making a full stop when a driver opened his parked car door on my right side, I slowed the bus down and inched forward. Though I had the breaks covered if needed to stop, I was bit too close to the car. Didn't get charlie braked, driver got into the car without incident, but not coming to a full stop cost me. Another two extra days of training will do me good.

Hope this will help the future candidates....

Don't worry your still in n two more days won't hurt you but help you[emoji846]

Hi everyone, my list number is 37xx, I had to move about 6 months ago because NY was too expensive. I see that my list number is fast approaching and I want this job. Should I remove my name temporarily now to establish residency in NYC again? How long can I keep my name off before they permanently remove it? Do I need 30 days residency or 60? Thanks!!