B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone gets 2 RDO a week. It's the same as basically any other job. Like say u work for UPS or something and you work Monday thru Friday. Saturday and Sunday would be your rdo in that scenario. RDO just means your 2 days off your scheduled for that week. As far as the pay questions..... if your sitting at the depot waiting for a run, it's called being on report. And yes, you get paid for that. You get paid the same hourly wage sitting on report as you would if you were driving. If your hourly wage is 22.69, that's what you would get paid sitting on report, and if you were driving you would be getting 22.69 an hour as well. As far as the different pay for which run you are doing... you get paid your hourly wage for whatever your doing, a full bus or an empty bus means nothing to you. One of the only times your hourly wage will differ is when you are driving an artic bus, which you would get $1 an hour more added to your hourly wage for each hour you are driving an artic. Oh and yes I used 22.69 as the example because that's what you start off making.

One week down of line training 3 more to go. Out of 3 runs I only have one down packed in my brains lol. Manhattan all day not for me ugh

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Don't be so hard on yourself, you made it this far you can accomplish what ever else you're going to be put through. It took me the end of my second week of line training to know most* of the lines at my depot. What I did was I wrote the turns on an index card per bus route and then I would find a place to stick the card somewhere near the telltale panel.

Don't be so hard on yourself, you made it this far you can accomplish what ever else you're going to be put through. It took me the end of my second week of line training to know most* of the lines at my depot. What I did was I wrote the turns on an index card per bus route and then I would find a place to stick the card somewhere near the telltale panel.

Yes, did the same thing too. Another way to learn is to pick a landmark and also if you are free go out on your own and ride the bus again or if you have a car just drive the route to the end and back.

lol I'm not hard on myself just annoyed with Manhattan lol

We haven't been in line training two weeks yet Scorpio lmaoo

Hi I am on day 6 line training, just wanted to say that's a loaded question. I don't know what step you are in with the hiring process, in keeping things positive you may have to revaluate working for the MTA, I don't me this in a condinsending way, it's just that this so far, for me, ana I am 60 years old, takes a lot of inner strength and disapline for a younger man or woman to stick this out. If your starting off thinking gravy train, money and pension, life long career, then your in the right place. Go for it and what ever is thrown at you, it will help you grown, I want to wish you the best of luck in your endeavors,

...now I am at Casey Stengel. Congrats man.

If you do the Q20 or Q44 runs, and you see a Red & Black Bus, please do not forget about me!!

Don't apologize for asking questions, that is one of the purposes of this forum....

I'm not going to "quote" everything you said, however, it was very well said! A few times people have asked what the medical examination is like, and for that reason, I have four [4] links saved in my bookmarks of what other people have said about the medical examination, since it is proper to give credit to those folks, respectively...

It was only a year ago that depots could not even borrow buses from each other, today it happens all the time.

My apologies for getting off-topic, however it was only a year ago? Cause I remember in November of 2015, when they were converting the Q44 Limited to the Q44 Select Bus Service, there were numerous buses from Quill along that route, to give the folks at Stengel time to wrap those buses, respectively...

Parking situation at zerega is a go? Or no-go? Is there parking pretty close to the facility if not on site?

Coming from BKLYN and mass transit is 2 hrs but driving is 1:15 tops..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Supasaint01

Parking situation at zerega is a go? Or no-go? Is there parking pretty close to the facility if not on site?

Coming from BKLYN and mass transit is 2 hrs but driving is 1:15 tops..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that parking wasn't good at all out there. Luckily I don't drive. I'm coming from Brooklyn as well SupaSaint01.

I gotta catch the C train at 5:21AM to get to Zerega on time for 6:50AM

I will be up at 4AM

Approx Travel Time : 1 hour 39 minutes Map

Walk 0.1 miles(2 minutes) East to KINGSTON - THROOP AVS STATION C

Take the 207TH ST-INWOOD bound

Train departing at 5:21 AM

Get off at FULTON ST STATION A/C at 5:34 AM

Pay Per Ride Fare : $2.75 - Reduced Fare : $1.35

From FULTON ST STATION 4/5

Take the WOODLAWN bound Train departing at 5:48 AM

Arrive at 125TH ST STATION 4/5/6/METRO-NORTH at 6:07 AM

Transfer to the PELHAM BAY PARK bound

Train departing at 6:07 AM

Get off at CASTLE HILL AV STATION 6 at 6:28 AM

From CASTLE HILL AVE & WESTCHESTER AVE

Take the CASTLE HILL PARK - ZEREGA AVENUE bound BX22 Bus departing at 6:43 AM

Get off at CASTLE HILL AVE & VIRGIL PL at 6:50 AM

Walk 0.4 miles(8 minutes) East to destination.

Total Fare : $2.75 - Reduced Fare : $1.35

Tomorrow is Day 0 and I am ready. Congrats to all those that are Qualifying and are doing Line Training.

I see you TeeGrid. Keep it up.

Lets go everybody. See yall tomorrow in Zerega at 7AM Sharp.

Tomorrow is Day 0 and I am ready. Congrats to all those that are Qualifying and are doing Line Training.

I see you TeeGrid. Keep it up.

Lets go everybody. See yall tomorrow in Zerega at 7AM Sharp.

Good luck WLM n if you drive you got to be there at least by 5 am to get parking. Paper work n video in day 0 enjoy.

I heard that parking wasn't good at all out there. Luckily I don't drive. I'm coming from Brooklyn as well SupaSaint01.

I gotta catch the C train at 5:21AM to get to Zerega on time for 6:50AM

Get off at CASTLE HILL AV STATION 6 at 6:28 AM

From CASTLE HILL AVE & WESTCHESTER AVE

Take the CASTLE HILL PARK - ZEREGA AVENUE bound BX22 Bus departing at 6:43 AM

Get off at CASTLE HILL AVE & VIRGIL PL at 6:50 AM

Walk 0.4 miles(8 minutes) |||  = 6:58 AM  ||| East to destination.

Total Fare : $2.75 - Reduced Fare : $1.35

6:50 AM or 6:58 AM is too late...

What if something goes wrong?

7:00 AM does not mean the parking lot,  7:00 AM means you are seated at your seat on the 2nd Floor of Zerega.

You want to aim to be at Zerega