B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

7 hours ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

I made it in the December 26th class. See everyone there that made it/will make it. This is an awesome first step to all our careers. 

Congrats @FutureBOtoTO I go down on Wednesday for medical and final process that’s the class they have me scheduled for   If all goes well with medical. Do you get the confirmation the same day after the medical for the 26 class ? 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Scott24 said:

Congrats @FutureBOtoTO I go down on Wednesday for medical and final process that’s the class they have me scheduled for   If all goes well with medical. Do you get the confirmation the same day after the medical for the 26 class ? 

Thank you, and good luck. After you pass medical you back to the counter to let them you where clears by the doctor's. Then they will make you double check that all i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Once you give it your paperwork in you then will wait to be called by another employee(the room said interview which it was just making sure your paperwork was in order and information was entered in the system). 

21 hours ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

Thank you, and good luck. After you pass medical you back to the counter to let them you where clears by the doctor's. Then they will make you double check that all i's are dotted and t's are crossed. Once you give it your paperwork in you then will wait to be called by another employee(the room said interview which it was just making sure your paperwork was in order and information was entered in the system). 

Ok thanks for the info can’t wait to get the wheels rolling lol

2 hours ago, Scott24 said:

Question if I have no more pages for the Work history do I right it down onthe additional information page ??

They have extra copies at MTA. Along the walls where all the forms are. When they call you back tomorrow check the wall next to station number 3. If you pass the Medical they will give you time to review your CPD and the other packet before you hand it in. 

18 minutes ago, justdre88 said:

Does anyone know where we could get the clothes we need for the training?

https://m.fullsource.com/work-shirts/red-kap-sp14pb-s/

I order shirts from here and uniform pants I got from Zoe's workwear In greenpoint.  But I think that site full source has the pants as well. 

https://m.fullsource.com/workwear/

hello everyone, i am 9 months on job, good luck to all. as for the question on additional work history pages,  you are allowed to photocopy the work history page, make as many as you need. do not remove staple from original packet, just staple the additional sheets together and hand that in with the 21 page booklet. as for uniform slip resistant ,waterproof black shoes any dark blue pants and light blue shirt, black or navy tie, remember you will be wearing these for a few months until uniform arrives. Dont overbuy uniform until you pass Zerega 12 days , when you get into line training you can buy additional items needed. my suggestion, go for comfort at a discount price...

7 hours ago, Scott24 said:

I cleared my medical was about to start final process but the dec 26 class is full so I’ll have to come back for final process. We have to take another drug test today so we are good for the Jan 8th class 

Well, at least all you have to do is final processing. And Jan 8th is right around the corner. That's awesome!! 

When you go for medical I know you take a health questionarie. A buddy of mine going to be called soon from the list but he has a small back problem and suffers from mild depression which he gets medicine for.  Should he answer the questions honestly or just lie?  Does the MTA check you medical history or are they not allowed to by law?

5 hours ago, Invzo1019 said:

When you go for medical I know you take a health questionarie. A buddy of mine going to be called soon from the list but he has a small back problem and suffers from mild depression which he gets medicine for.  Should he answer the questions honestly or just lie?  Does the MTA check you medical history or are they not allowed to by law?

hello, you do not have to disclose any info on medical until after your receive a formal job offer. with MTA job off comes after medical. dont talk about depression they will have you going to MAC every six months with a letter from your doctor..as for the back unless its severe and was out on SSDI , i probably would not talk about it either..computer questionaire will ask what meds your on, but because of HIPA laws you dont have to disclose until after job offer.. hope this helps

So I am all set to go to Zerega on the 26th. The day after Christmas. I have had my CDL License for over a decade and the only time I ever used it was when I took classes and the road test in a School Bus in 2006 at Ferrari Driving School. Therefore, I am like a new driver all over again. I figure If I did it then I can do it now on a City Bus. Any recommendations for this guy?