B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Getchanosediirty4ft said:

I’ve just gave my phone to a superintendent. His Reply was this is false. Certain type of accidents is what will disqualify you. Etc. Cell phone,DUI,Excessive speeding and certain type of convictions/felonies. But the main goal is no Accidents especially if you’re on any bus operator list for the Authority.(His words)

First of all, there is a difference between tickets, suspensions, convictions, accidents, etc. If you still disagree with me, then look at this sample abstract, especially page 3 which separates "Suspensions" from "Convictions" and "Accidents."

53 minutes ago, cardoxavi said:

So I had two fault accidents this year. Two of which is rear end accidents one of the accidents my car was totaled does this disqualify me? Thanks for your answers guys. 

Just make sure you don't get into any more accidents and you should be fine.

1 hour ago, Getchanosediirty4ft said:

According to DCAS

Certified : 8,221Last Appointed : 4,645

Thank you for posting this information. DCAS isn't always 100% accurate, in which they're known for being late as far as updating the information, that's why I said somewhere in the 5000's in a previous post.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Invzo1019 said:

Young, which depot is your preference once your able to get back on?

Personally, Casey Stengel, since there are five bus routes within 1 & 1/2 miles of where I live which serve the Flushing-Main Street station in which I can take the (7) one stop.

However, as far as starting out, I'm flexible, as long as there's a decent parking lot and/or the commute via public transportation isn't that bad.

Finally passed day 9 today. It was really intense. The route was short, but with the construction and traffic, people walking Infront. The exam was about 1hr and 15min. No crazy turns, just a hook turn about Twice. I’m just glad is over. Jamaica depot is where they sent me on Monday.

good luck to all. 

3 minutes ago, Carnage718 said:

Finally passed day 9 today. It was really intense. The route was short, but with the construction and traffic, people walking Infront. The exam was about 1hr and 15min. No crazy turns, just a hook turn about Twice. I’m just glad is over. Jamaica depot is where they sent me on Monday.

good luck to all. 

Congrats @Carnage718!!!

1 hour ago, Carnage718 said:

good luck to all. 

Same here what time Monday you have to be at Jamaica depot I have to be there @ 8:30

7 hours ago, Carnage718 said:

good luck to all. 

Loonnnnnnnnnnnnngest hour of your life, I bet! Congrats and welcome!

9 hours ago, Carnage718 said:

good luck to all. 

Congrats, welcome to the family. I love it so far. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, GJb said:

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING WHEN YOU GO TO PUT YOUR NAME BACK ON THE LIST AND IS THE WAIT LONG? 

9 hours ago, GJb said:

Meaning is the wait long when you go there??

In today's day and age with all of this technology around is, the best thing to do, in my opinion, is to simply email them. All of the information can be found in posts 4803 & 4804 of this thread/topic.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, GJb said:

I just emailed them instead thank you

You're welcome. Just keep in mind that, although your name will be restored to the list from DCAS's perspective, you have to wait until Livingston Street calls the next 'batch' of people to process for TA Bus Operator. When that happens, you'll receive notification in the mail.