Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
BusOperator3319

B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Rate this topic

5,907 posts in this topic Last Reply

1 hour ago, Getchanosediirty4ft said:

I’ve just gave my phone to a superintendent. His Reply was this is false. Certain type of accidents is what will disqualify you. Etc. Cell phone,DUI,Excessive speeding and certain type of convictions/felonies. But the main goal is no Accidents especially if you’re on any bus operator list for the Authority.(His words)

First of all, there is a difference between tickets, suspensions, convictions, accidents, etc. If you still disagree with me, then look at this sample abstract, especially page 3 which separates "Suspensions" from "Convictions" and "Accidents."

53 minutes ago, cardoxavi said:

So I had two fault accidents this year. Two of which is rear end accidents one of the accidents my car was totaled does this disqualify me? Thanks for your answers guys. 

Just make sure you don't get into any more accidents and you should be fine.

1 hour ago, Getchanosediirty4ft said:

According to DCAS

Certified : 8,221Last Appointed : 4,645

Thank you for posting this information. DCAS isn't always 100% accurate, in which they're known for being late as far as updating the information, that's why I said somewhere in the 5000's in a previous post.

11 hours ago, Invzo1019 said:

Young, which depot is your preference once your able to get back on?

Personally, Casey Stengel, since there are five bus routes within 1 & 1/2 miles of where I live which serve the Flushing-Main Street station in which I can take the (7) one stop.

However, as far as starting out, I'm flexible, as long as there's a decent parking lot and/or the commute via public transportation isn't that bad.

Finally passed day 9 today. It was really intense. The route was short, but with the construction and traffic, people walking Infront. The exam was about 1hr and 15min. No crazy turns, just a hook turn about Twice. I’m just glad is over. Jamaica depot is where they sent me on Monday.

good luck to all. 

3 minutes ago, Carnage718 said:

Finally passed day 9 today. It was really intense. The route was short, but with the construction and traffic, people walking Infront. The exam was about 1hr and 15min. No crazy turns, just a hook turn about Twice. I’m just glad is over. Jamaica depot is where they sent me on Monday.

good luck to all. 

Congrats @Carnage718!!!

1 hour ago, Carnage718 said:

good luck to all. 

Same here what time Monday you have to be at Jamaica depot I have to be there @ 8:30