B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/17/2018 at 7:16 PM, SevenEleven said:

TA Staten Island Division: ATU Local 726
TA Jamaica, Stengel & Queens Village: ATU Local 1056
MTA Bus JFK & Far Rock: - ATU Local 1179
MTA Bus Spring Creek: - TWU Local 100A

All other MTA Bus Depots NOT mentioned: TWU

That leaves the remaining TA and ALL OA depots: TWU Local 100

Like I said before, if you took this 4600 exam, then you will be hired as a TA Bus Operator, in civil service. Since TA and OA is consolidated, you are allowed to work in an OA depot. On the other hand, if you took the 4105 exam, you will be hired as an OA Bus Operator, and you will still be able to work in a TA depot. They do hire people for TA, OA and MTA Bus and put them in the same class.

All of your letters will state that you are being hired for "Bus Operator (Rev Veh) Twu Local 100. 01-F". This is the official name of the position for payroll purposes. If you transfer to SI or Queens, your title will be changed to reflect the union you belong to. I work in SI and my title is "Bus Operator (Rev Veh)ATU SI02F."

Seriously, let's take the time to educate ourselves and each other....

@mtawife When did the rest of MTA Bus start being represented by TWU?

Regular bus driving, lmao

You are 100 percent right  

Edited by Helen

Went in 3/20/18 for exam number 4600 bus operator did drug test was told i should hear something from them via call or email btw 3 to 90 days my question is does it take that long from the to take up to 90 days to get in contact with you for medical and 4600 is for T.A its not O.A a few people asked yesterday 

6 minutes ago, Bk Eny said:

Went in 3/20/18 for exam number 4600 bus operator did drug test was told i should hear something from them via call or email btw 3 to 90 days my question is does it take that long from the to take up to 90 days to get in contact with you for medical and 4600 is for T.A its not O.A a few people asked yesterday 

It can be as short as 2 weeks. I did my entire hire process (including an extra drug test) in August for a 9/6 start date. 

Thanks SevenEleven I appricate the info just want to get the call and start this process yesterday was a very long day as well in 180 to do pre employment application and drug test good luck to everyone who was in there yesterday 3/20/18

What I’m about to write has nothing to do with the topics 1st and foremost I will like to give thanks to everyone who applied information on this forum the information was  beneficial to me 🙏🏽Why I’m writing on the forum is because I was at 180  Livingston Street for  pre-employment on 03/21/18  and I met this person who didn’t mind giving up information about the training process i forget to ask the person their name but I want to thank the person for the informative information I will applied the Knowledge

Thank you 

hope you see this✌🏽✌🏽

6 minutes ago, Helen said:

What I’m about to write has nothing to do with the topics 1st and foremost I will like to give thanks to everyone who applied information on this forum the information was  beneficial to me 🙏🏽Why I’m writing on the forum is because I was at 180  Livingston Street for  pre-employment on 03/21/18  and I met this person who didn’t mind giving up information about the training process i forget to ask the person their name but I want to thank the person for the informative information I will applied the Knowledge

Thank you 

hope you see this✌🏽✌🏽

So why you aint share it lol

5 hours ago, 161 New York said:

Congratulations! Welcome to the party, definitely the longest year ever.

Congratulations 🎊🍾🎈🎉 to the ones that’s just finish probation.. have an advice for the rookies or those who is still waiting to come in.... 

• 2 weeks later...