B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/21/2018 at 8:35 AM, Getchanosediirty4ft said:

Where are the f%^#ing seats in this place. Over 150 ppl only about 80 chairs. smfh. MTA Headquarters

It’s not usually like that... not HQ fault. Plus they have seat in the back of the front ones are full 

Edited by Supasaint01

4 hours ago, Beekay718 said:

Just got a letter to report to Livingston my list number 62##  Had my CDL B for 6 years but mostly drove trucks 11 tons 34 footers , so i know buses are a bit different, finally the process will began 

Congrats... you’re getting closer into the door steps... just keep in mind with your experience operating trucks and etc, when you start training, you will have to let those skills go to develop a new skill which is to operate the bus NYCT way....

5 hours ago, DueceDrives said:

Congrats... you’re getting closer into the door steps... just keep in mind with your experience operating trucks and etc, when you start training, you will have to let those skills go to develop a new skill which is to operate the bus NYCT way....

Sometimes having to much experience not good cause you fall into bad habits but for me I’m always open to learn 

On 3/17/2018 at 4:30 PM, mtawife said:

Swing room lawyers LMAO. 

OMG y'all r killing urself.  my husband is local 100 MTA BUS DEPOTS COLLEGE POINT 10 yrs  

Take u n ur letter n find out from the source. Good luck. FYI I know for sure they r processing OA right now my nephew just finished medical

I wanted to thank you for answering my questions. I got my dispositions and went back to Livingston on Thursday 4/12 & everything is good. I just had to take the drug test again. When I go back i won't have to do the physical again just fingerprint & whatever else is left. I missed the class coming up on the 16th, but I'll be in the one on the 30th. I'm going to be with TA. I don't know anything about any of this yet so I'm just reading what everyone else is saying. I don't know the difference as of yet. 

Thank you again. 

4 hours ago, FutureBOtoTO said:

It depends on their needs, they called me back within 3 days(A Friday)  to come in for medical on a Monday. 

Ok thanks I’m hoping i get a call either Monday or Wednesday it’s was only 7 bus operator there 2 of us was 4600 others was mta 

Hey guys So my CDL Permit expired two years ago, it was good for 180 days(6 months), and after It could be renewed for an additional 180 days(6months).My problem is that I want to know if I could still renew it being the fact that I never renewed it the second time around after it has been expired for two years, or will I have to do the test over.

2 hours ago, cardoxavi said:

Hey guys So my CDL Permit expired two years ago, it was good for 180 days(6 months), and after It could be renewed for an additional 180 days(6months).My problem is that I want to know if I could still renew it being the fact that I never renewed it the second time around after it has been expired for two years, or will I have to do the test over.

You have to redo over again i had my  tractor-trailer A permit it expired about 8 months ago i never renewed it went to DMV had to take test over again .

9 hours ago, Beekay718 said:

You have to redo over again i had my  tractor-trailer A permit it expired about 8 months ago i never renewed it went to DMV had to take test over again .

You should be able to renew it. But if not then just do it over just go there and ask.. 

Hey guys, just letting you know I just got a letter to report to livingston this coming week, my list number is 64##. The list is moving very fast, I’ll thought I was going to get the letter by June or July but already got it to start the process, Thanks God.

1 hour ago, JM23 said:

Hey guys, just letting you know I just got a letter to report to livingston this coming week, my list number is 64##. The list is moving very fast, I’ll thought I was going to get the letter by June or July but already got it to start the process, Thanks God.

Congrats i was there last week make sure your there super early line was down Livingston