B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

17 minutes ago, LadyJay said:

Today we drove the 3 buses. RTS,Nova, & New Flyer. We were with Oliver, Bush & Siegel. I chose Jamaica as my Depot, but I haven't found out which depot I will be at just as of yet. I'm going back to Jamaica tomorrow for 8:30. How long have you been at Jamaica?

Ive been there since january. So what depot did you choose for your transfer on your first day? New flyer is awesome. Were suppose to be getting more of them and getting rid of the rts.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, justdre88 said:

Ive been there since january. So what depot did you choose for your transfer on your first day? New flyer is awesome. Were suppose to be getting more of them and getting rid of the rts.

I like the new flyer. I chose Jamaica as my depot. 

Do they start a training class every month? How does it work? I did the drug test and the physical already and they just gave me a number to call. Since I had a hold on my physical, I got clear on the same day I was supposed to start training.

Good afternoon I need some info if anyone can help will be greatly appreciated  so I went to 180 Livingston st for pre employment did medical and everything got cleared for bus operator exam #4600 when I go up to the front to hand in my paperwork from the booklet that they give you to fill out I was told I was removed from the list asked why was told they cam not find my name or social on file was told to go back to 1 centre st to put my name back on the list after 5/28/18 so I go today to be told my name is still on the list went back to 180 Livingston st to speak to Ms.Chestnut she was not available not surprising but any advice on what should I do next would be greatful 

On 5/15/2018 at 7:52 PM, New2this said:

Anyone know what number they are up to?

I honestly don't know, however if you try calling the DCAS hotline (212-669-1357, option #2, enter your social security number, follow the prompts), they usually update this the evening of the first Sunday of every month, which would be this Sunday.

On 5/23/2018 at 6:29 PM, NYCTABUS said:

Qualified today at day 7, Thanks God!!!

Congrats!!

1 hour ago, Bk Eny said:

Good afternoon I need some info if anyone can help will be greatly appreciated... went back to 180 Livingston st to speak to Ms.Chestnut she was not available not surprising but any advice on what should I do next would be grateful

If I was you, I would have gotten some type of proof from 1 Centre Street that your name was on the list to begin with. If they're not able to do this, then I would look to restore your name to the list. Click here on how you can do this via email. Once that's done, then I would strongly advise you to stay on top of this. What's good is that the pre-employment paperwork and the medical are good for 90 calendar days, so you shouldn't have to do that again for a while.

Good luck!!

3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

I honestly don't know, however if you try calling the DCAS hotline (212-669-1357, option #2, enter your social security number, follow the prompts), they usually update this the evening of the first Sunday of every month, which would be this Sunday.

Congrats!!

If I was you, I would have gotten some type of proof from 1 Centre Street that your name was on the list to begin with. If they're not able to do this, then I would look to restore your name to the list. Click here on how you can do this via email. Once that's done, then I would strongly advise you to stay on top of this. What's good is that the pre-employment paperwork and the medical are good for 90 calendar days, so you shouldn't have to do that again for a while.

Good luck!!

3 hours ago, +Young+ said:

Congrats!!

Good luck!!

Thanks +Young+

Hope you made that too soon!

On 5/29/2018 at 9:07 PM, NYCTABUS said:

Hope you made that too soon!

I hope so too... close to 7 months and counting until I can reinstate my name to the list and close to 9 months until I can try again...

Edited by +Young+

1 hour ago, Yo0910 said:

Does anyone know if there’s a hiring freeze for TA B/O?

We were at Zerega today for the pick and they said they will not be calling people from TA for now. There’s nothing available for us the new class. We were forcing to go to SI and 10 people to Brooklyn, there is no space available even for us.

1 hour ago, NYCTABUS said:

We were at Zerega today for the pick and they said they will not be calling people from TA for now. There’s nothing available for us the new class. We were forcing to go to SI and 10 people to Brooklyn, there is no space available even for us.

Damn really? So what did they do with you guys? Did they say when they’ll be calling ppl again?

I was told from Ms.Chestnut there is nothing available rite now I did medical and everything was just waiting for a training date so called her today and was told it's a hold on 4600 bus operator so ladies and gentlemen we just got to wait T.A did a lot of hiring bus operators 

Edited by Bk Eny

15 minutes ago, Yo0910 said:

Damn really? So what did they do with you guys? Did they say when they’ll be calling ppl again?

Yes, I didn’t want to go to SI but I have no choice, I live in Qns but a least I’m on the job, even though I would have to travel to SI for couples months until there is something available in Qns. They didn’t say anything. In my class there was about 75 people most of them TA and couples MTA Bus part time.