B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, Bk Eny said:

I was told there is no jobs available at this time that was from Ms.Chestnut yes i did medical got cleared went to station 3 to be told my name was off the list had to go back down to dcas to reinstate it

Another training class at the depot today... It must be an OA class, But I will ask when I return back to work on Thursday.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Got letter yesterday to report to Livingston on the July 10 off the topic I did medical and everything when I got cleared was told they was no classes at the moment my question is will i have to do the whole hiring process over again it's not 90 days yet so if anyone can give me a answer would be greatly appreciated 

I have a question...

I got a letter to come in...but I recently got a cell phone ticket in Nassau, I might enter a plea where it turns into a tail gate ticket, that’s 4 pts but after 3 months it will turn into a parking ticket and 0 points. I also have a finder bender on my abstract from 2015. Will that disqualify me?

19 minutes ago, mtahopefully said:

I have a question...

I got a letter to come in...but I recently got a cell phone ticket in Nassau, I might enter a plea where it turns into a tail gate ticket, that’s 4 pts but after 3 months it will turn into a parking ticket and 0 points. I also have a finder bender on my abstract from 2015. Will that disqualify me?

You'll have to handle that ticket before you can proceed with the process. That's what they're going to tell you. 

35 minutes ago, PresJR615 said:

You'll have to handle that ticket before you can proceed with the process. That's what they're going to tell you. 

I have to plead guilty to tailgating then after 3 months it turns into a parking ticket. Now the tailgating is a 4 pt ticket but after the 3 months it turns into a parking ticket 0 points. So I would have to wait after the 3 months?

Yes make sure you take care of the ticket first because once you start the process and they run your drivers license they will tell you straight up you have to take care of the tickets and it sure will push the hiring process back 

2 minutes ago, mtahopefully said:

So it’s best to wait for the ticket to clear even thou the MTA requirement is 4 pts or lower on your license 

Correct. As soon as the ticket is paid, it will show on your abstract a 'paid.' Once it's paid, then you can continue, since they will not let you continue with any outstanding tickets!!

3 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Correct. As soon as the ticket is paid, it will show on your abstract a 'paid.' Once it's paid, then you can continue, since they will not let you continue with any outstanding tickets!!

The thing is it’s going to be paid. I’m going to plead guilty to tailgating with is 4 pts. So I’m pleading guilty to that BUT after I complete this 90 day program it will knock off the 4 pts and it will turn into a parking ticket. So if I plead guilty to the 4 pts, will I still be able to proceed even though those 4 pts will knock off after 90 days?

4 hours ago, mtahopefully said:

The thing is it’s going to be paid. I’m going to plead guilty to tailgating with is 4 pts. So I’m pleading guilty to that BUT after I complete this 90 day program it will knock off the 4 pts and it will turn into a parking ticket. So if I plead guilty to the 4 pts, will I still be able to proceed even though those 4 pts will knock off after 90 days?

You should be able to, according to this post. Offhand, what type of 90-day program are you going through? The reason why I'm asking is because if it's a defensive driving class or something to that nature, it will not count and the points will stay on your abstract for three years.

In addition, to be on the safe side, you know that you can obtain your abstract online, right? If not, click here for more information. It only costs $7.00, a small price to pay.

Good luck!!

2 hours ago, +Young+ said:

You should be able to, according to this post. Offhand, what type of 90-day program are you going through? The reason why I'm asking is because if it's a defensive driving class or something to that nature, it will not count and the points will stay on your abstract for three years.

In addition, to be on the safe side, you know that you can obtain your abstract online, right? If not, click here for more information. It only costs $7.00, a small price to pay.

Good luck!!

It’s a distracted drive course, it’s only offered in Nassau county so I have to drive with this device for 90 days, after the 90 days are complete my tailgate ticket turns into a parking ticket resulting into whipping away the 4 pts. 

Question which may be difficult to answer , I’m going in for pre employment (again) I last went it may I had a pending ticket which was pending since June 2015 , the convicted me July 2018 (6points) being that I got the violation in 2018 following the 18month rule will this still count against me ? . 

21 hours ago, mtahopefully said:

It’s a distracted drive course, it’s only offered in Nassau county so I have to drive with this device for 90 days, after the 90 days are complete my tailgate ticket turns into a parking ticket resulting into whipping away the 4 pts. 

Your good with 4 points.  4 points is allowed.   5 is not allowed

18 hours ago, TrueJefe said:

Question which may be difficult to answer , I’m going in for pre employment (again) I last went it may I had a pending ticket which was pending since June 2015 , the convicted me July 2018 (6points) being that I got the violation in 2018 following the 18month rule will this still count against me ? . 

22 minutes ago, Invzo1019 said:

Oh never mind. I scrolled up at your old post and saw it say June of 2015. Your good. It’s 3 years from violation day. So your good.  Plus your good if it’s only 4 points anyway even if it wasn’t 3 years. 

Good to know thanks a lot , let’s see what happens on the 13th Friday the 13th at that lol