B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Invzo1019 said:

Might not be dismissal. You must disclose it to them tho within I think it’s 48 hours.  U can easily just fight it and delay the date until u clear probation. 

What about after you clear probation? It still applies?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they are calling anybody at this time for Bus Operator ? I did the initial paperwork ( pre-employment packet) and urine on july 10th and haven't heard anything from them since. They told me to look into my spam email up until 30 days, i believe... i look into my spam daily and haven't seen anything as of yet.. & sorry... im pretty new to this site & dont exactly know where to place certain threads & appreciate any and all helpful advice those of you that are experienced can give.

14 minutes ago, eRod701 said:

Does anyone know if they are calling anybody at this time for Bus Operator ? I did the initial paperwork ( pre-employment packet) and urine on july 10th and haven't heard anything from them since. They told me to look into my spam email up until 30 days, i believe... i look into my spam daily and haven't seen anything as of yet.. & sorry... im pretty new to this site & dont exactly know where to place certain threads & appreciate any and all helpful advice those of you that are experienced can give.

I know there is an August class coming up basically if you aren’t called / email by end of July you’ll most likely be pushed to another class when ever that may be ...I went on the 13th and received an email today to go in for medical Thursday . Hope this helps be patient they will get to you .  (Prior to this I was there back in May ) 

14 hours ago, TrueJefe said:

Can anyone  give me a list of good depots in BK and Queens .... also TA is Brooklyn and Queens correct ? Im 1 step away, just want to be prepared . Thanks 

Brooklyn depots 

flatbush,ulmer Park,Jackie Gleason,grand av,Freshpond,ENY

If your ta you can work in bklyn Manhattan n Bx 

if you transfer to qns your  stuck there for the for your career 

On 7/8/2018 at 3:44 PM, Yo0910 said:

What about after you clear probation? It still applies?

You have to report any moving violation within 48 hours of conviction, meaning whenever you pay the ticket or are found guilty in court. If you schedule a court date and continuously postpone, you do not have to notify. I'm not sure if there's any penalty while on probation but afterwards, there is none. If you get 9 points at any one time, your 19A status will be revoked and you will be on restricted duty, (out of passenger service) until it's under again. 

14 hours ago, TrueJefe said:

Can anyone  give me a list of good depots in BK and Queens .... also TA is Brooklyn and Queens correct ? Im 1 step away, just want to be prepared . Thanks 

Good in terms of what? The TA depots are:

Brooklyn (except Spring Creek)

Staten Island

Casey Stengel, Queens Village and Jamaica depots in Queens

----

If you want to work in Queens or Staten Island, you have to request a transfer to these boros. If you go to Queens, you are stuck in one depot for your career. In Staten Island, you are stuck in the borough. 

Now for the rest of the depots, you are allowed to pick into a MaBSTOA depot. (Which is Manhattan and The Bronx except for Eastchester and Yonkers) The seniority list is consolidated across all these depots so if a spot is open at West Farms (OA), you can go. And vice versa, you can pick into Ulmer Park (TA) when the time comes. 

West Farms is known for money and The Bronx in general, if you can work the extra list. The extra list anywhere can make you money and also have you not going out on the road as much as someone with a run.

Staten Island, you move up quicker. (Which is ofc, subjective) I will make 2 years in September and my seniority # (peg) went from 1440 to the 1190s. I can see late PM work with Sun-Mon off. There was one run that had the weekends off too. SI goes to sleep after 9pm which is a plus but the 4 wheelers are notorious for accidents and otherwise stuff done around a bus.

Other ops will come in here and speak on their depots. @DueceDrives @Invzo1019 

This question is for (MTA GROUPIE) or anyone that can give me a jelpful answer. Does the MTA pre-employement center notify via email/spam ? And if so, which one is it & if u can, please tell me how they word it... thx to you all in advance..

I did my drug test on Wednesday, I was supposed to do it on the 10th but I had pending tickets but they told me to come in this week or next but after that I would have to call, I went on Wednesday. Is there only 1 class in August. Plus there were ppl for bus machanic etc 

1 hour ago, eRod701 said:

This question is for (MTA GROUPIE) or anyone that can give me a jelpful answer. Does the MTA pre-employement center notify via email/spam ? And if so, which one is it & if u can, please tell me how they word it... thx to you all in advance..

It shouldn't go in your spam folder. I use Gmail and I got all the emails for medical and final processing. 

I didnt give them my Gmail & now thinking about it I should have. I gave them my Yahoo email accnt and I guess that's why they told me to check my SPAM... Wow, hope me making that choice doesnt delay them contacting me. Well, i didnt receive anything in the actual mail ( USPS ) system today from the MTA. I guess there's tomorrow...

9 hours ago, eRod701 said:

I didnt give them my Gmail & now thinking about it I should have. I gave them my Yahoo email accnt and I guess that's why they told me to check my SPAM... Wow, hope me making that choice doesnt delay them contacting me. Well, i didnt receive anything in the actual mail ( USPS ) system today from the MTA. I guess there's tomorrow...

I did my drug test last Monday 9th and I got an email last Thursday to come for medical/final processing on Tuesday 17th. I've been on medical hold and usually for me I get a an email or phone within 4-5 days after my drug test to come in for medical. I have a Hotmail account never found it in my spam folder.