B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fresh pond is consider a Brooklyn depot . I passed on day 9 and when I first started out my 10 day training I was telling all my friends and family I didn't think I was going to pass. I kept hitting curbs and making mistakes my nerves got the best of me. But all it really takes is concentration and confidence and you can pull it off . Once I passed l pillArs day my confidence change and I got a lot better now im on the job almost a year my probation ends Monday. So if anyone needs help im willing to help them because God blessed me with a career I desperately needed and I pray everyone who wants this job gets it

Fresh pond is consider a Brooklyn depot . I passed on day 9 and when I first started out my 10 day training I was telling all my friends and family I didn't think I was going to pass. I kept hitting curbs and making mistakes my nerves got the best of me. But all it really takes is concentration and confidence and you can pull it off . Once I passed l pillArs day my confidence change and I got a lot better now im on the job almost a year my probation ends Monday. So if anyone needs help im willing to help them because God blessed me with a career I desperately needed and I pray everyone who wants this job gets it

what percent of your class failed out of the 10 day training class?

@astogezz. I'm going to need your help cause I'm about to get called and I'm nervous with the 10 day training. Do you have any advice?

@astogezz. I'm going to need your help cause I'm about to get called and I'm nervous with the 10 day training. Do you have any advice?

i thought u had the same list #58* as me did u received ur employment letter?

So if anyone needs help im willing to help them because God blessed me with a career I desperately needed and I pray everyone who wants this job gets it

Even though I still have to wait another 3 years, I'm also willing to take you up on your offer...

No I didn't have my Cdl before the mta. But I recommend every one to get it . I had two friends who passed the 10 day training but then failed the road test twice and lost the job . I even failed once but passed the second time . Don't leave your job in the hands of a dmv worker who never drove a bus before. As far as the 10 day training goes any one who is nervous or who thinks they can't do it don't be I was the worst when I first started so if I learnt and passed so can you . Listen to your supt they will give you the tools you need to pass

Quick question, anyone have any idea when MTA Bus, Mabstoa, or NYCT plan on creating another exam? I'm 18 and really want to get into the MTA at 21.

No one really knows the answer to that. IMO, I highly doubt they will be another TA exam for the next 3 years, and as far for Mabstoa goes, Exam 3101 is currently what they are using at the moment. But after that 4105 will take over after they complete using 3101. But I do believe the next application you should watch for might be for MTA Bus.

I don't get it cause the last bus operator exam for TA was 2013 so isn't there an exam every 4 years?

There normally is, however let me elaborate on what happened:

Bus Operator (B/O) exam # 2613 was given in January of 2013 (Notice of Examination). Between the people who passed this exam and the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS), the list only consisted of 3,621 candidates, which only lasted for two calendar years.

Because they expected to have more candidates in order for the list to last a full four years (or something to that nature), they surprisingly produced B/O exam # 4600 a month after the 2613 candidates took the BOSS (give/take a few days). I even remember advertisements on the MTA Buses for this exam, and to encourage more candidates to apply, they even extended the application session to the Tuesday after Labor Day weekend. As a result of administering this exam, they were able to establish a list of 8,221 people, something they were looking for originally.

Got it?

Yeah it's crazy so many prope failed 2613 . I got a 81 and my list number was in the 1100s. If a lot of people would have passed I wouldn't have gotten called

Tell me about it...if not as many people failed that test, you would have a higher list number and not have been called as soon...for me, I got an 87.5% score on Exam 2613 and my list # was in the 270's...

Did someone here post before the forms which they give at medical which requires you to list work history etc?

If so, can someone repost it..

Was trying to find it with no luck... Thanks

I'm having trouble understanding your question, however I'll answer it to the best of my ability, based on my experience from the hiring process of Bus Operator Exam 2613:

When you go for your first drug test, they will give you a packet to fill out, which consists of at least 21 pages. This packet is called the Comprehensive Personnel Document (CPD-B). The reason why I say "at least" is because they want your employment history going back to high school. If you've forgotten some, or part of it, no need to fear. You can always go to the Social Security office and get a printout. I don't recall offhand how much it costs, but I do know that they accept personal checks. You hand this in when you're ready for final processing (after medical).

When you go in for medical, from what I remember, they might give you another form or two to fill out, but that form doesn't pertain to your work history.

Hopefully this helps. After doing some research, the link I provided was the only thing I was able to find. Sorry...