B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Hey busdriverwannabe, thanks!  You were spot on.  I went in for the medical today, and the start date they gave was too soon.  So I asked to postpone my list number until the next training class starts, which should be mid October.  This timing works out perfect for me.  They said it is no problem.  You were right, though.  I will probably have to redo my drug test, but as long as the class starts within 90 days, there should be no need to do the medical again.   Also, thanks for the idea for a visiting nurse.  It is one of those situations I am way too close to, and wouldn't have ever thought of that.  It might come in handy.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey busdriverwannabe, thanks!  You were spot on.  I went in for the medical today, and the start date they gave was too soon.  So I asked to postpone my list number until the next training class starts, which should be mid October.  This timing works out perfect for me.  They said it is no problem.  You were right, though.  I will probably have to redo my drug test, but as long as the class starts within 90 days, there should be no need to do the medical again.   Also, thanks for the idea for a visiting nurse.  It is one of those situations I am way too close to, and wouldn't have ever thought of that.  It might come in handy.

That's awesome!!! I am happy to hear that things went well for you today. I wish you well and hope that your family member has a speedy recovery. :)

How long does it usually take for them to process the drug test and call for medical? Is it the 3-90 day ?

How long does it take to get response after the drug test. Is it the 3-90 days for them to process and send the urine to quest diagnostics?

How long does it usually take for them to process the drug test and call for medical? Is it the 3-90 day ?

How long does it take to get response after the drug test. Is it the 3-90 days for them to process and send the urine to quest diagnostics?

If that was your 1st test you might have to take another.

there's only one drug test . The only way you have to take more than one is if they wait to call you too long i think it's 30 to 60 days it expires and you have to retake it

Drug tests are valid for thirty (30) days. After that, you have to take another one.

Congrats to you. Dam that means I have less time than I anticipated. I am in the low 800's and still have. To do my road test.

Anyone else below those numbers got their paper work as well?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Edited by dac9050

u sure ur in the lower 600 my list no is 58* but I still haven't received mine

If he received a letter perhaps yesterday or this morning, Most likely you'll be receiving it today or Monday. Every postal zip area address is different to when you'll most likely receive mails.

Looks like TA is finally moving, but I wouldn't get to excited since its the slowest Agency dept when it comes to hiring due to lack of vacancy. But let us all keep our finger crossed.

Got my letter to report to Livingston on Friday what should I expect on that day ? What do they do

As far as what to expect: When you initially go, you will be given a ticket. Then, at around 7:30, a line will form in the middle in which you will have to hand in your license (just so they can run an abstract and check for any problems, which you will get back). While they are running the abstracts, a representative will come out and explain all the directions to you, including the papers that you have to fill out there, the 21 page packet, etc. Once they call you up, providing there are no problems, they will hand you your license back, you will take your drug test, and then wait 3 to 90 calendar days for them to get in touch with you for the medical portion.

As far as what to expect: When you initially go, you will be given a ticket. Then, at around 7:30, a line will form in the middle in which you will have to hand in your license (just so they can run an abstract and check for any problems, which you will get back). While they are running the abstracts, a representative will come out and explain all the directions to you, including the papers that you have to fill out there, the 21 page packet, etc. Once they call you up, providing there are no problems, they will hand you your license back, you will take your drug test, and then wait 3 to 90 calendar days for them to get in touch with you for the medical portion.

Get there atleast 1hr and 30mins before time and make sure you sit in the front row towards the middle, thank me later! [emoji4]

Get there atleast 1hr and 30mins before time and make sure you sit in the front row towards the middle, thank me later!

At first I would suggest this, but worse comes to worse, after everyone lines up, you can just wait it out and get on when the line is either 1/3 or 1/4 the size...your ticket # is really what counts.

I just took drug test today. Was supposed to take it on Tuesday but didn't have my social, so took it today instead.

Mct9891. What's your list number?

280ish...

Yes they're definitely in the 600's, my friend got his pre-employment letter yesterday and he's in the 600's.

I got the email for my medical literally 2 days after pre-employment.. I'll be going to the medical next Wednesday.

My question is how long after the medical do they usually start the 10 day training? I'm pretty nervous but I can't wait to get started.

Edited by mct9891

My question is how long after the medical do they usually start the 10 day training? I'm pretty nervous but I can't wait to get started.

Providing you pass the medical with NO medical hold, Zerega normally has a class every two weeks in which people from NYC Transit, MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company are mixed together. Therefore, it just depends on timing, I would say within a week or two.

Mtc u received medical invite 2 days after taking drug test? I just took my drug test Friday, wonder if same will happen to me lol

Yes I did.

Providing you pass the medical with NO medical hold, Zerega normally has a class every two weeks in which people from NYC Transit, MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company are mixed together. Therefore, it just depends on timing, I would say within a week or two.

Thanks for always having the answers lol