B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah they told me they had to wait for my drug test results. When you went in for final processing, were you in and out? I can't imagine it taking that long without medical or drug test...

Long story short, the answer is "yes".

Since I already did the drug & medical examinations, although I came in early, I didn't have to "line-up" with everyone else, I had to wait for the interviewer, had my interview taken, followed by fingerprints, a photograph for my pass, and that was it.

Saw some training busses out in far Rockaway today idling by a McDonald's during the pouring rain this morning.

I drive by the zerega depot every morning and see training buses every day.  I try to look inside the bus and always see different people like every other week…I want to ask one of them what list number there up to…

…I want to ask one of them what list number there up to…

Keep in mind that for their training sessions, they mix MTA Bus, MaBSTOA & NYC Transit together. In addition, the answer they give you may not be 100% accurate, especially if someone was on medical hold for a couple of weeks, had their list number reinstated, etc.

Approximately how long does it take from when you first get the letter to report for medical (assuming you passed everything medically) & begin the process until you get hired?

It moves pretty quick, I received my 1st letter on March 12 (list number under 100) and was hired April 4th.

couple weeks ago the list was idling at 200, i log in today people in or above the 600s are being called. Im 10xx, i thought maybe by next year summer i'd get called, definitely looks to be sooner than that. Going to do my passenger endorsement tomorrow and then sign up for my roadtest. Good Luck guys, definitely remember, its all about the mirrors.

Side note, a yearly retraining? for how long? Same 10 days? Just curious.

couple weeks ago the list was idling at 200, i log in today people in or above the 600s are being called. Im 10xx, i thought maybe by next year summer i'd get called, definitely looks to be sooner than that. Going to do my passenger endorsement tomorrow and then sign up for my roadtest. Good Luck guys, definitely remember, its all about the mirrors.

Side note, a yearly retraining? for how long? Same 10 days? Just curious.

19a open book test and a few laps with a superintendent on board, nothing major

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Question. How does one go about switching your mailing address. My brother is on the list and just moved and needs to change his address, how does he do this? Thanks guys.

To update your address, you may do one of the following:

1. Visit us at the MTA Exam Information Center located in the lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201, Mondays through Fridays, between 9 AM – 3 PM
  2. Email us at examsunit@nyct.com
  3. Fax us at (347) 643-8110

The correction form can be found here.

----

I'm going down for medical on the 9th. In the 500s.