B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Just realize that with the school bus the front axle is in front of you, compared to the TA bus which is behind you.

Yea it's something to adjust to going back and forth. I have another lesson this weekend and they are teaching me to drive to pass the DMV which is different from driving TA way. This extra day of training went quite well today, no mistakes really. Hopefully tomorrow goes well and I qualify.

In my opinion, that's what's nice about having your CDL beforehand - since you don't have to worry about a road test, you don't have to worry about how DMV wants you to drive - just the TA.

The school booked me a road test date for next week. I wonder if when I qualify, if I'd be able to take the DMV road test outside of MTA and come back with the results stating that I've passed rather then waiting and taking it through them. I guess I'll ask tomorrow lol. The more chances the better

This is true..I've heard of people qualifying on day 10, then failed the DMV road test...that's it..you're done...

Yeah which really sucks. That's why I wanted to take lessons at a driving school because they teach you how to pass DMV road test.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nj transit crashes into each other so sad one driver dies. Like I said before most of them are reckless drivers smh. Prayers go out for that driver who died...

The way mta training is something like this should never happen....

Please try to stay on-topic...refer to this thread for more about the deadly accident. Thank you.

Nj transit crashes into each other so sad one driver dies. Like I said before most of them are reckless drivers smh. Prayers go out for that driver who died.

The way mta training is something like this should never happen.

44604cc26dea00354fd79c2b0c7385e0.jpg

The prelim. reports are saying that the driver of 5612 (on the right) suffered a heart attack right before the collision. Also, don't generalize... It's exactly how rumors and false info gets spread and you wouldn't want anyone else to do it to you. Just saying.

---

I'm in the 9/6 class. Yes, this class starts on Tuesday.

Like I said before most of them are reckless drivers smh...

Please watch what you say...you never know whose feelings you are going to hurt, whether it is a registered member or a guest...

I'm in the 9/6 class. Yes, this class starts on Tuesday.

Good luck!

Listen I dont experience driving next to all nj transit drivers but enough to say they are reckless. If that hurts anyones feelings ok so what. Delete if you like. As far as the crash all I said is that nj transit crashes into each other praying for the driver who died. This is a forum. Its not that serious.

And if you go to Day 10, you only have one chance for the road test!

If your blood pressure is in between 110/70 and 130/90, you're good. As far as "under control", with a note from a doctor, they just want to see how you have control over the medical condition you have in conjunction with your doctor - taking medication, such as a pill once a day, is a common example. For me with my muscle spasm in my legs, that situation is "under control" by me stretching, ideally, twice a day.

Got it?

thxs but u sure it's 130/90 I was told u have to be under 140/90?

thxs but u sure it's 130/90 I was told u have to be under 140/90?

From what I recall in early 2014, it was 130/90 - they might have changed the requirements since then.

Also, as a friendly reminder, don't forget to check out these handouts that my instructor back in 2014 temporarily let us borrow to better prepare us - the last 2 handouts contain the pre-trip checkoff list for the exterior and interior of the bus.

Whats your list # and also when did you get the ema Im from

Congrats! Hope all goes well!!

thanks! im excited 

Bklynkid congrats. What's your list num

Im from 2613 originally, was called over 2 yrs ago but i deferred at the time.

Whats your list # and also when did you get the email?

^^ i got the email on thurs to report monday

What kind of shoes are we supposed to wear for training? I have regular black dress shoes with laces like, basically a shoe you would wear with a suit or business casual clothing. Is that good or do I need more of a boot type shoe?

From what I recall from 2014, either or is fine, however they will tell you during final processing.

I'm past final processing. I start Monday. It says on the paper medium work shoes. Not exactly sure what that means.

When I went in 2014, I primarily wore dress shoes and a few days, I wore a pair of black boots for the snow. The Superintendent/Instructor did not say anything to me about that.