B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to ask this again. My brother needs to change his address. He wants to call hr to make sure he does it the correct way. Does anyone have the mta hr number again. I know someone posted it earlier but I can't find it lol. Thanks guys.

347-643-8229, 8230, 8231 or 8232.

OR you can fill out this form and either mail, fax or e-mail it back to them.

If you get called with a pending ticket you will be told to resolve the ticket and come back to them. So you would have them skip over you. Once the ticket is resolved you go down to dcas in Manhattan and reinstate your name after that it will probably take a few months for them to call you again

At this rate, how long would you think it would take to get to the 1000's???

I have a pending ticket, if I have to be put on hold, will I automatically get called back after the ticket is resolved?

Any help would be appreciated...

According to the chart at the top of this page, they are in the 600's, therefore my educated guess would be sometime in 2017, depending upon how many people they hire within the next 4 months. As far as the ticket, if you're worried about time, just pay it. It's a lot simpler and easier compared to going to wherever, seeing a judge, taking a day off from work, etc.

Once the ticket is resolved you go down to dcas in Manhattan and reinstate your name after that it will probably take a few months for them to call you again

Not to criticize you in any way, however you physically have to go to DCAS to get your name reinstated? Cause a good friend of mine told me that he just wrote a letter to DCAS, mailed it, and then a month or two later, his name got reinstated...interesting.

Edited by +Young+
Correction...

Not to criticize you in any way, however you physically have to go to DCAS to get your name reinstated? Cause a good friend of mine told me that he just wrote a letter to DCAS, mailed it, and then a month or two later, his name got reinstated...interesting.

Everyone - You can mail, follow instructions as per DCAS main automated telephone number 1 (212) 669-1357 Option 2. I know this from personal experience. It will take 1-2 weeks to receive a confirmation letter from DCAS.

The fax option did not work for me. FYI.

Edited by 161NewYork

Mtaondeck any updates?

Now I have the road test to worry about smh. I can't celebrate too much. Took another 2 lessons yesterday so I feel more comfortable with driving DMV way to pass the test. They got me a road test date of Thursday. I already told the instructors. Pass or fail, I still have the shot to take road test through MTA with the DMV lol.

Congrats to you guys. Hopefully the other one can qualify as well.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yea I told him to take additional lessons to get more comfortable with driving the bus. Hopefully he took them this weekend. Because not driving on the weekend and starting again Monday, you feel kindof rusty. I don't want the rusty feeling to hinder his chance at passing.

I know. I have to sign up for some road test classes and try to do the road test before I have to go to trang. I'm at list 82x. And feeling like any day now I'm gonna get a letter saying to report and start the process.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

3 of us (including me) qualified on today......Thanks everyone for the support. So happy to be done wth that training lol.

Congrats! And tell me about it, I hear ya...

I know. I have to sign up for some road test classes and try to do the road test before I have to go to trang. I'm at list 82x. And feeling like any day now I'm gonna get a letter saying to report and start the process.

That's one of the advantages of having your CDL before you start...you know that you can always reinstate your list number, right?

If anyone is looking for a driving school that can get them a road test date within 2 maybe 3 weeks private message me. I took mine 2 weeks after calling them for the first took. Took 6 lessons inside those 2 weeks and passed. My brother did the same so feel free

To message me privately if u are interested.

Mtaondeck congrats man. Did jersey transit guy qualify? The guy who didn't qualify what was the problem that prevented him from qualifying?

Congrats on qualifying!  Im going in sept 6th. Any pointers? lol

Thanks. Just take everything in...don't question anything. Instructors are not the nicest so just ignore, listen and focus on your driving skills. Drive slowly lol. You tend to make less mistakes when you are at a slower pace. The one guy that didn't qualify with us kept driving too quickly. Watch YouTube lol. Pre-trips and air brakes test etc would become part of your daily routine so know it like the back of your hand. Best of luck to you. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

If anyone is looking for a driving school that can get them a road test date within 2 maybe 3 weeks private message me. I took mine 2 weeks after calling them for the first took. Took 6 lessons inside those 2 weeks and passed. My brother did the same so feel free

To message me privately if u are interested. Mtaondeck congrats man. Did jersey transit guy qualify? The guy who didn't qualify what was the problem that prevented him from qualifying?

Jersey transit guy did qualify on day 9. The 4th guy in our group did not qualify today which sucks because he was a pretty good. I guess nerves got the best of him.

So Day 0 (Orientation) was pretty uneventful. 

Filled out some paperwork, got our passes, had a 20 min break, an hour lunch, and then the class spent the rest of time asking questions about training (to which I already knew the answers to because of this forum) 

Anyway, I was assigned to Sup. Quarless  at Mother Clara Hale (Harlem)

Invzo, where were you sitting? and who did you get assigned to?