B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

I have a question. Received a speeding ticket with the radar gun 3 weeks ago. That's 14 miles over the speed limit. I'm gonna fight the ticket because that's 4 points. I'm have a interview with transit Monday will they still consider me for the bus driver position with the ticket pending?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw alot of day 10 people at Zerega. Hope everything went well.

Got assigned Fresh Pond Depot with Supt. Williams. Anyone can share some advice on Supt?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

i had williams! funny guy.. great attitude..great instructor.. you still gotta be on point to make it in 7 

I have a question. Received a speeding ticket with the radar gun 3 weeks ago. That's 14 miles over the speed limit. I'm gonna fight the ticket because that's 4 points. I'm have a interview with transit Monday will they still consider me for the bus driver position with the ticket pending?

Chances are they are going to tell you to cone back when you resolve the ticket.

@Ramsay What is your approximate list number and when did you get the letter?  Please Use 84X or "between 82X - 85X" (as an example). When I went they told me you have to have everything resolved. I believe you can have no more than four points - so if you want to resolve it then you should be OK. 

@DueceDrives - This is for OA Bus Operator 3101 right?

Edited by 161NewYork

@Ramsay What is your approximate list number and when did you get the letter?  Please Use 84X or "between 82X - 85X".

@DueceDrives - This is for OA Bus Operator 3101 right?

@161NewYork  yes for 3101.. It was like 25 of us being process for the October 3rd class. Out of the 25, not sure who was TA or OA.

i had williams! funny guy.. great attitude..great instructor.. you still gotta be on point to make it in 7

Agreed. Thanks just finished day 2, he is definitely a great instructor.

I had Williams too he is tough but a good teacher I credit him for teaching me how to parallel park

Agreed. Thank you.

I'm horrible with deleting posts. (stupid mobile theme)

We have no OA in our class but if we did, they were coming too.

Oa operators can't go to queens or Staten island..

This is the reason why every new hire most likely will be going to si...

This is the reason why every new hire most likely will be going to si...

New hires that's ta..

Weekly Status Update

Here is the weekly update.

LIST UPDATES

Again, same information is being played on the DCAS line.

RECENT FORUM ACTIVITY SUMMARY

Several NYCTF members have indicated on this topic that they received letters - however, they were for the 3101 and 4105 OA Lists.

Another two NYCTF members have stated they received letters - however and surprisingly there were from the 8094 Conductor list. For those new to the site, many people on the 8094 Conductor list have received letters inviting them for bus operator positions (this was back in the early 2010's).

OTHER

We do not see any indication that there are any TA candidates in the 10/03 Class. This appears to be an OA class as of right now.

No one else has received letters since the very beginning of September/late August.

Edited by 161NewYork