B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the 9/6 class got finished up with their road tests last week, so now we're split across the Island for line training and will rotate among the SI depots for 4 weeks.

That's horrible. My class lucked out, all TA operators got forced to queens and OA and MTA bus got to pick depots. Talk to the union ASAP about transferring it may take a while depending on how many people in front of you guys want to leave and availability. One bright side is that the system pick is starting next month but won't take affect till January 2017.  Good luck

Weekly Status Update

Here is the weekly update.

LIST UPDATES

Again, same information is being played on the DCAS line.

RECENT FORUM ACTIVITY SUMMARY

Several NYCTF members have indicated on this topic that they received letters - however, they were for the 3101 and 4105 OA Lists.

Another two NYCTF members have stated they received letters - however and surprisingly there were from the 8094 Conductor list. For those new to the site, many people on the 8094 Conductor list have received letters inviting them for bus operator positions (this was back in the early 2010's).

OTHER

We do not see any indication that there are any TA candidates in the 10/03 Class. This appears to be an OA class as of right now.

No one else has received letters since the very beginning of September/late August.

this is not great news they are basically pulling people from different test to come out for bus operator who didn't even take the bus operator test most likely..I hope its an error ..because now its gonna be a delay from continuing on from calling people from the 4600 test..that is just not right

So I'm heading to day 9, at Gun Hill Depot with Supt. Beard

9/19 Class Stats

This class consisted of 43. 2 were sent home from zerega on day 1. 2 quit during training. That left 39.

Only 10 qualified on day 7.

So 29 people are heading to day 9.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Edited by dac9050

So I'm heading to day 9, at Gun Hill Depot with Supt. Beard

9/19 Class Stats

This class consisted of 43. 2 were sent home from zerega on day 1. 2 quit during training. That left 39.

Only 10 qualified on day 7.

So 29 people are heading to day 9.

Sorry to hear. What they bang you on today?

The funny thing was today none of us got TB. We messed up yesterday, with stupid mistakes.... like me, I was changing with someone at a uphill and doing stop pop and go I left the bus in neutral causing it to roll back. ( I know stupid of me but I wasn't feeling well. ), one hit the curb, another was too close to a car, and one tried to squeeze thru 2 trucks.

I went to day 9. No big deal. Remember the 4 feet of space. Very important. ride the yellow lines and on white lines roads have the drivers seat in the lane next to you, yes basically taking up 2 lanes. If u do that you won't get too close to the parked cars.... When you are making the turns make sure u have 4 feet of space as well if not you will hit the curb. Everything is so much easier with space.

I went to day 9. No big deal....Everything is so much easier with space.

I agree, especially with the different instructor...mind I ask the route you took for Day 9? You don't have to elaborate 100%, just enough information to give us a general idea...and even when driving the red & black shuttle bus, I agree 100% with the space...

I went to day 9. No big deal. Remember the 4 feet of space. Very important. ride the yellow lines and on white lines roads have the drivers seat in the lane next to you, yes basically taking up 2 lanes. If u do that you won't get too close to the parked cars.... When you are making the turns make sure u have 4 feet of space as well if not you will hit the curb. Everything is so much easier with space.

Much easier. If you wind up not having the 4 feet for a right turn, make sure you hook the turn to open up or you won't make it. Other than that, take space to do anything and remember to have Pop, Stop and Go on lock, because you will be subjected to much more hills on Day 9.

It's going to be much more slower in terms of traffic on 9. If you get caught up thinking on how you're going to attack something, just verbalize it to the Supt. "I'm going to kill this light and see if traffic ahead clears up."

Good luck.

Also just to let you guys know. I think the whole Sep 22 class (TA/MTA bus people at least) is going to get sent to staten island just like my class did also because i heard one of the dispachers i think here say they are still short 20+ people. Im not 100% sure but he said something like that

Uptown Manhattan I did on day 9. Forgot the exact streets. Ended like 120th st.

Day 9 is harlem area in manhattan. There defetnely are hills. If anything looks a little bit like a hill stop and pop that shit. Aldo take up 2 lanes if you have to if its a some what tight 2 lane street, dont worry about the cars behind you

Got it...with your descriptions, it rings a bell, including the hill on Lexington Avenue, going on 5th Avenue for one block, left on 86th Street, then going North on 1st or 3rd Avenue...

Thanks for answering my question, I appreciate it.

Uptown Manhattan I did on day 9. Forgot the exact streets. Ended like 120th st.

how many passed today of for the 9/19 class overall

Thanks to everyone for all the help. I did qualify today (Day 9). Now on to the DMV Road Test.

Congrats how many ppl in total passed in your class

how many passed today of for the 9/19 class overall

Not sure yet. Will know on monday. I know 10 qualified day 7. And I saw at least another 10-12 that qualified today. But I didn't see a lot of the others, so I am not sure.

Edited by dac9050