B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DCAS updated their system. Last eligible certified is list # 1973 and last list # appointed is 845

I can confirm the last appointed. That's me [emoji1] . I know there are one or 2 people with list numbers above me, but they are going to Day 10.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

It's definitely a good feeling. Just for everyone following, make sure you enter with an open mind and able to take criticism from the instructor's and remember going to day 8 and 9 isn't the end of the world. The instructors said people that qualify on day 8 and 9 have a safer record than those that qualified on day 7 (sorry for those on 7, not trying to make anyone feel bad).

DCAS updated their system. Last eligible certified is list # 1973 and last list # appointed is 845

Great! Keep eyes on your mailboxes folks. Unless they really need bus operators - I think we can realistically expect the TA to hire for a 10/31 class.

Congratulations dac9050!

Edited by 161NewYork

I see they are getting close to my number and, I've decided to place myself on hold until I can pass with the CDL. I feel it would be too much pressure to pass the 7 day training and the DMV at the same time. I would rather at least come in with a CDL and then worry about the 7 day training. I wouldn't want to pass the 7 day training and then fail the DMV road exam.

Only 2 qualified today on Day 10, which brought total up to 21 out of 40.

For the previous guys, tomorrow is HR Day. How soon after do you get uniforms and depot assignments?

Edited by dac9050

Great! Keep eyes on your mailboxes folks. Unless they really need bus operators - I think we can realistically expect the TA to hire for a 10/31 class.

Congratulations dac9050!

Yep when I called they told me that approx late oct or early nov they will start class again. Does anybody know if I have to take the medical over if I was on medical hold and going through processing again? Or just the drug test and interview.

I see they are getting close to my number and, I've decided to place myself on hold until I can pass with the CDL. I feel it would be too much pressure to pass the 7 day training and the DMV at the same time. I would rather at least come in with a CDL and then worry about the 7 day training. I wouldn't want to pass the 7 day training and then fail the DMV road exam.

I agree 100%!! When I went in 2014 with the permit, I had no clue what I was doing...at least with the CDL, you'll have some experience driving a bus, and like you said, would not have to worry about the DMV road test.

Yep when I called they told me that approx late oct or early nov they will start class again. Does anybody know if I have to take the medical over if I was on medical hold and going through processing again? Or just the drug test and interview.

From what I recall: Drug tests are valid for 30 (thirty) calendar days; medical examinations are good for three [3] months, regardless if you were on medical hold or not.

Hopefully this helps.

In regards to TA not sure. I know there was a new class at zerega today of about 40-50 people as told by one of the instructors. But we didn't get a chance to chat with them and know which divisions they were.

Only 2 qualified today on Day 10, which brought total up to 21 out of 40.

For the previous guys, tomorrow is HR Day. How soon after do you get uniforms and depot assignments?

You will get depot assignments the day after.. General Instruction Day. (If they so nice not to send you to SI)

Uniforms will take forever. The paper says 3 days but that's a pipe dream.

In regards to TA not sure. I know there was a new class at zerega today of about 40-50 people as told by one of the instructors. But we didn't get a chance to chat with them and know which divisions they were.

Its an OA class. At first approx 50, Perhaps 2 or 3 got sent home today for improper uniform and 1 with a traffic court pending. I counted today 43 in the class and out of 43, 5 were MTA bus.

Anyone here had Supt Negron?

You will get depot assignments the day after.. General Instruction Day. (If they so nice not to send you to SI)

Uniforms will take forever. The paper says 3 days but that's a pipe dream.

I'm really hoping I don't end up in SI. Did everyone get depot assignments even those that still had to do DMV Road Test?

Do you have to pick up the uniform or they ship them 2 u?

Does any know if there will be an October class for sure?

Nobody but the TA would know for sure. Classes are held every two weeks, today a class started:

10/03 - This is an MaBSTOA (OA) / Bus Company (BC) class.

We need to watch the forums for activity (that is people receiving letters and what their experience is) my speculation on how it may play out:

10/17 - If any TA candidates are in it, likely they cleared medical holds or had some small issue to clear up. If new candidates or people who reinstated were to be placed in this class, people would receive letters this week then.

10/31 - If any TA candidates are in it, they would likely receive letters this week or next week. People who reinstated would likely get called first.

11/14 - If any TA candidates are in it, they would likely receive letters this week to three weeks out. People who reinstated would likely get called first.

Edited by 161NewYork

I'm really hoping I don't end up in SI. Did everyone get depot assignments even those that still had to do DMV Road Test?

Do you have to pick up the uniform or they ship them 2 u?

Everyone picks on G.I day, unless you got forced somewhere. Those who have to go to DMV, will get their report time/location given to them by ZA day by day until they pass and then go to their depots.

You get your uniform mailed to you, you'll see the paperwork on it.

Its an OA class. At first approx 50, Perhaps 2 or 3 got sent home today for improper uniform and 1 with a traffic court pending. I counted today 43 in the class and out of 43, 5 were MTA bus.

Anyone here had Supt Negron?

I had him for day 8 and 9. I did qualify on day 9. Very strict. Hes and ex marine guy so good luck if you have him. Also if you have him on day 1 and you feel like quitting lol thats normal so dont feel bad or take anyyhing personal with him.

I had him for day 8 and 9. I did qualify on day 9. Very strict. Hes and ex marine guy so good luck if you have him. Also if you have him on day 1 and you feel like quitting lol thats normal so dont feel bad or take anyyhing personal with him.

Awww man! Yes hes strick but at the same time it makes sense. Got trolly brake a few minor mistakes which tomorrow I will correct.

Was he too ficus on pre tripscand air brake testest?

So based on one of the websites that have the results with names and scores, that's up to everyone who scored a 96.667

I'm 18** so I guess I should be getting a letter any day now. I'm already on the job as OA but switching to TA so I can transfer here to Staten Island. Can't wait! Good luck everyone.

Awww man! Yes hes strick but at the same time it makes sense. Got trolly brake a few minor mistakes which tomorrow I will correct.

Was he too ficus on pre tripscand air brake testest?

I had him on 8 and 9. On those days you dont do pre trip inspection. Thats on day 4 and 7