B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

I'm sorry for the class before.

The class of 9/19 got to pick from 4 depots to be assigned, no Staten Island.

Now some are just doing line training and we are waiting for DMV road test next week.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry for the class before.

The class of 9/19 got to pick from 4 depots to be assigned, no Staten Island.

Now some are just doing line training and we are waiting for DMV road test next week.

Congrats again!

Week 2 of line training is done out in SI. Two depots down, one more to go.

Congrats again!

Week 2 of line training is done out in SI. Two depots down, one more to go.

That's insane that you guys are being bounced around depots.

Our class got split between Manhattanville, Mother Clara, Quilt and Ulmer Park. The MTA Bus people went to Spring Creek.

That's insane that you guys are being bounced around depots.

Our class got split between Manhattanville, Mother Clara, Quilt and Ulmer Park. The MTA Bus people went to Spring Creek.

It is a bit insane but it is what it is. The hardest commute for me thus far has been Charleston. Castleton, Yukon and Meredith are much more closer and easier to do. Hopefully when the system pick comes around, I can go back to Castleton.

So I am list #87* and I was originally called in August but I didn't have my permit. Came back in 3 days and they said processing stopped. Well I am here today at 180 livingston hoping to get in next training. The house is full and I heard there is a training on 10/31 and 11/14.

So I am list #87* and I was originally called in August but I didn't have my permit. Came back in 3 days and they said processing stopped. Well I am here today at 180 livingston hoping to get in next training. The house is full and I heard there is a training on 10/31 and 11/14.

So they sending out laters askin people to come in again?or u just went to see if u can get in now? Plz make it clear just tryna find out if they sendin out pre employment letters again ..thanks

Cool. I got called in for a drug test/pre-employment on Tuesday and it was a very small group. My list number is less than 250 (I reinstated).  I await the e-mail to come on in for medical.

Edited by 161NewYork

What should I do if I want them to come back to my list number when I am ready?

Simply disregard the letter.

I had to decline the first time.

When you are ready to reinstate call 1 212-699-1357 Option 2, listen to the instructions for renewal, mail a letter requesting reinstatement to the address mentioned in the phone message. Wait for letter in the mail from DCAS (you'll get this up to one week later) confirming your name has been reinstated..

This will take between 1-2 months for the MTA to send you another letter to come into pre-employment/drug test.

You will have two more chances to reinstate if for whatever reason you decline again or have some issue.

Edited by 161NewYork

Simply disregard the letter.

I had to decline the first time.

When you are ready to reinstate call 1 212-699-1357 Option 2, listen to the instructions for renewal, mail the letter requesting reinstatement to the address mentioned in the phone message. Wait for letter in the mail from DCAS (you'll get this up to one week later).

This will take between 1-2 months for the MTA to send you another letter to come into pre-employment/drug test.

You will have two more chances to reinstate if for whatever reason you decline again or have some issue.

Cool, I believe I have copies of that form from another city job that I had to reinstate myself on. It was blank when they faxed it to me so I made copies for future use.

Cool, I believe I have copies of that form from another city job that I had to reinstate myself on. It was blank when they faxed it to me so I made copies for future use.

I made a few clarifications on my post in case anyone else has the same question. I will amplify to anyone that you have to send letter.

I tried the fax option and it didn't work for me.

In any event, you can expect a 1-2 month wait once you get that confirmation letter from DCAS.

I made a few clarifications on my post in case anyone else has the same question. I will amplify to anyone that you have to send a letter.

I tried the fax option and it didn't work for me.

In any event, you can expect a 1-2 month wait once you get that confirmation letter from DCAS.

I happen to be able use the fax option and it worked for me. I just want to reinstate after I complete my CDL. I'll be more prepared by then. I would hand deliver the form to DCAS and they confirm it on the spot.