B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

I just want to reinstate after I complete my CDL. I'll be more prepared by then. I would hand deliver the form to DCAS and they confirm it on the spot.

First, not a bad decision to make.

Second, I don't believe DCAS accepts those requests in person. It has to be through the mail. However, to speed up the process, you can always go to the post office in Lower Manhattan and drop it off there...

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, not a bad decision to make.

Second, I don't believe DCAS accepts those requests in person. It has to be through the mail. However, to speed up the process, you can always go to the post office in Lower Manhattan and drop it off there...

Its been a while since I last reinstated myself on a list (2010) so it might have changed but good idea about the post office in lower Manhattan.

So just to be clear because I am a little slow, you don't have to notify them that you won't be attending the scheduled interview prior to the interview date?

You don't have to call to say that you need a little more time or give them and explanation of some sort perhaps? Nothing at all?

Are you guys sure about that, I'm abit skeptical because I don't want to simply disregard and then be told that I missed the opportunity of a lifetime.

I too, want to reinstate after I complete my CDL (want to be able to take classes prior so that I am familiar rather than wait til 10 day training to focus on getting it all done.

Also, this isn't a guaranteed thing yet, I definitely won't get any time off from my current job to attend the interview far less the 10 day training either, maybe in a month or so maybe. Rather not risk my little job i got now, trying to get a job

So just to be clear because I am a little slow, you don't have to notify them that you won't be attending the scheduled interview prior to the interview date?

You don't have to call to say that you need a little more time or give them and explanation of some sort perhaps? Nothing at all?

Are you guys sure about that, I'm abit skeptical because I don't want to simply disregard and then be told that I missed the opportunity of a lifetime.

I too, want to reinstate after I complete my CDL (want to be able to take classes prior so that I am familiar rather than wait til 10 day training to focus on getting it all done.

Also, this isn't a guaranteed thing yet, I definitely won't get any time off from my current job to attend the interview far less the 10 day training either, maybe in a month or so maybe. Rather not risk my little job i got now, trying to get a job

Other people have done it with no problems. Your allowed to be reinstated 3 times. Many people in other civil service titles for the mta have delayed their process for a number of reasons. I would just say if you are planning on doing the same I would just stay on top of everything but, they can just ignore you once you reinstate. Edited by tdevon2012

but good idea about the post office in lower Manhattan.

No problem...

I know someone who has done it for a different agency (NYC DOT to be specific), and that person also had no problems, as stated in the previous post.

I just went tru DMV road test and honestly that's a piece of cake compared to 10 day trng. Currently on day 2 line training.

Congrats!

Edited by +Young+
Error...

Congrats Duece.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Anyone who came out of the last few classes. How long did it take for you guys to get the uniforms?

It took a couple weeks, the problem was they sent winter uniform in summer and vice versa and little by little. hopefully you have better luck but I heard this uniform company sucks and I see why.

anyone here can tell me how long does mta go back as far as accident on driving records.. I have a accident that happen a little more than 3 yrs ago it actually comes off this January anyone knows if they'll hold that against me.. please someone who knows answer me ill appreciate it thanks...

anyone here can tell me how long does mta go back as far as accident on driving records.. I have a accident that happen a little more than 3 yrs ago it actually comes off this January anyone knows if they'll hold that against me.. please someone who knows answer me ill appreciate it thanks...

3 years, but as long as you disclose it, it shouldn't be a problem. They run your abstract for last 3 years, but they ask for any summons or suspensions going back to the day you got your license. Just be honest, they only really stress if you have any current summons that could end up on a conviction(points or suspension of your license while training). Make sure you bring a full abstract with you on day 1 at zerega, cause they ask for specific years.

Advice: get your abstract and see if it shows up. I had an accident a little over 3 years and it never came up on abstract even thought a police report and insurance claim was made.

I received my pre employment letter today. List # is in the mid 1200's. Have to report to Livingston St on 10/21. Check your mailboxes 4600.

Good luck

Thanks for ur reply as of now it does still show on my abstract but is barely been 3 yrs and about a week since the day off the accident.. it was an accident listen under personal injury hopefully they wont give me a hard time about it but if i do receivemy pre employment letter ill make sure to let them know ahead of time my list number is 194* so i still have about another 700 people ahead of me so if i dont hear from them until january then i got nothin to worry about and if i do hear from them before january then ill disclose it and see how it goes.. thanks for ur reply i appreciate that and good luck to you and everyone here gnight ...

3 years, but as long as you disclose it, it shouldn't be a problem. They run your abstract for last 3 years, but they ask for any summons or suspensions going back to the day you got your license. Just be honest, they only really stress if you have any current summons that could end up on a conviction(points or suspension of your license while training). Make sure you bring a full abstract with you on day 1 at zerega, cause they ask for specific years.

Advice: get your abstract and see if it shows up. I had an accident a little over 3 years and it never came up on abstract even thought a police report and insurance claim was made.

Good luck

as of now it does still show on my abstract but is barely been 3 yrs and about a week since the day off the accident.. it was an accident listen under personal injury hopefully they wont give me a hard time about it but if i do receivemy pre employment letter ill make sure to let them know ahead of time my list number is 194* so i still have about another 700 people ahead of me so if i dont hear from them until january then i got nothin to worry about and if i do hear from them before january then ill disclose it and see how it goes.. thanks for ur reply i appreciate that and good luck to you and everyone here gnight ...

Good luck

Thanks man.  Your posts as well as others have been very helpful.  I'm actually going back throughout this thread to read everyone's experiences again.  Thanks to everyone who has posted.

Thanks for ur reply as of now it does still show on my abstract but is barely been 3 yrs and about a week since the day off the accident.. it was an accident listen under personal injury hopefully they wont give me a hard time about it but if i do receivemy pre employment letter ill make sure to let them know ahead of time my list number is 194* so i still have about another 700 people ahead of me so if i dont hear from them until january then i got nothin to worry about and if i do hear from them before january then ill disclose it and see how it goes.. thanks for ur reply i appreciate that and good luck to you and everyone here gnight ...

as of now it does still show on my abstract but is barely been 3 yrs and about a week since the day off the accident.. it was an accident listen under personal injury hopefully they wont give me a hard time about it but if i do receivemy pre employment letter ill make sure to let them know ahead of time my list number is 194* so i still have about another 700 people ahead of me so if i dont hear from them until january then i got nothin to worry about and if i do hear from them before january then ill disclose it and see how it goes.. thanks for ur reply i appreciate that and good luck to you and everyone here gnight ...

I'm in a similar situation.  I had an accident in Sept. 2015.  Got sideswiped by a hit and run driver.  Police report was filed but no accidents come up on my abstract.  I'm still going to disclose it, but man will that suck if it affects my opportunity for this job.

Thanks man.  Your posts as well as others have been very helpful.  I'm actually going back throughout this thread to read everyone's experiences again.  Thanks to everyone who has posted.

I'm in a similar situation.  I had an accident in Sept. 2015.  Got sideswiped by a hit and run driver.  Police report was filed but no accidents come up on my abstract.  I'm still going to disclose it, but man will that suck if it affects my opportunity for this job.

Not all accidents show up on ur abstract. If u have an accident in neither one of the drivers was physically hurt or had to leave in an ambulance and if the damages to any vehicle did not exceed 1000 dollars then thats consider a non reportable accident so it wont ever show up on ur abstract..

I got that information from the NYS CERTIFIED DOCUMENT CENTER they handle accidents there number is (518) 474-5630 if u want u can give them a call and thell tell u if that acident will show or not .. but if it just happened in september is a little too soon for it to show in case it is goin to show.. just give them a call it doesnt hurt to get more info on that case so u know what to expect... that way if u dont need to disclose it to mta then u dont so it wont make things a bit harder on ur end .. good luck

If you need to fill out the DCAS Comprehensive Personnel Document 21 page booklet, don't wait until the last minute! It is taking me a very long time to get everything together and write it out neatly.

To make it easier, I scanned the package and then printed it front and back. Filled it out so if I made mistake I could correct it and it wasn't a bid deal. Once everything was filled out, I wrote it in on the actual booklet. Yes it's double work writting it twice, but better that then having sloppy paperwork.

Or I also had the frixion erasable pens to make corrections.

To make it easier, I scanned the package and then printed it front and back. Filled it out so if I made mistake I could correct it and it wasn't a bid deal. Once everything was filled out, I wrote it in on the actual booklet. Yes it's double work writting it twice, but better that then having sloppy paperwork.

Or I also had the frixion erasable pens to make corrections.

great idea. I remember when I had to fill out one for the city job I have now. At least I won't have to fill it out when I get called. MTA could just pull my current one from DCAS.

does any one know how many chances u get to pass DMV road test what if you pass the 10 training and fail DMV can you go and try again on your own time.

If you qualify on Day 7 or 9, you will have two chances at the road test. If you qualify on Day 10, you only have one chance. If you fail the road test, then that's it for you.