B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

How fast hypothetically speaking if I go in Nov 3, would they call for training? Assuming clear medical etc. I would like to get my cdl ahead of the training, don't want to end up losing a position if I don't pass the road test. I know negativity for the future but I want the smoothest transition. Assuming I go to driving school and the earliest road test schedule

sent from my note4

For me it was about 3 weeks from 1st day at livingston till I had to report to Zerega. so try going to a driving school that would get you the road test as early as possible. I used Ferrari and they got it real quick for me. Trust me if you go in with your cdl ready it's a lot less stressful cause all you have to worry about is training. Good luck

Edited by RDwarrior

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my permit just now. Part one mission completed

Congrats!

just read this on new rules for CLP from nys dmv website

Commercial document changes

The following federally mandated changes will be made to commercial documents

• CLPs will be valid for only 180 days with one renewal for an additional 180 days, after which the holder will have to apply for a new CLP, including retaking any required knowledge tests
  • New York State will void and return an applicant’s current CLP or CDL document when issuing a new CLP/CDL document

I provided the hyperlink to the DMV page that says this...and the rep @ DMV told you something different? Have you tried going to a different DMV to see what they say?

...Trust me if you go in with your cdl ready it's a lot less stressful cause all you have to worry about is training. Good luck

I agree 100%!!

Good luck to everyone!!!! Im on my second going third week of Line training. I suggest that if you don't have your CDL but have a Permit only, I would suggest while you're waiting to be called, to go ahead and get your cdl on your own. MTA is not here to give you driving lessons. They are hoping that you at least know how to drive already. The 7 to 10 days training is to drill you to drive the safest way and transit way. All they want to see if you are an BUS OPERATOR not a driver. Some Supt instructors are very tough and it will feel like you're in boot camp. Just remember to take it all in and just demonstrate the skills and tools they provided you within the 7 - 10 days training. If you impress your Supt instuctor on Day 6, theres no way you will fail on day 7 unless you hit the curb or run a yellow light. Just scan your mirrors, call out all hazard, use all your reference points on your turns, and make sure you tell the Supt Instructor whats coming up to the bus before he/she sees it first.

Right now while im on line training im just having fun operating the bus, but of course being full alert and operating the safest way. If you need help on qualifying on day 7 , 9 or 10 just inbox me. I want to see everyone make it. But keep in mind, this job is not for everyone....... So its on you to determine that.......

Anyone here qualified this week?????? I know theres a new class just started 10/31.......

So called the numbers and spoke to Ms Chestnut. She got back to me today and told me to report to Livingston Friday morning! She said it was an error on there part, and that I should of got the letter awhile back.  My list number is 107X, and I told her I know people in the 1400's getting letters.  I need to be put on hold anyways, pending ticket...

Depends if your ta

Or mta bus. If your ta queens village Mta bus i believe the closest one to Nassau border would probably be JFK or laguardia depot. I am hoping to get into queeens village as I have a transfer pending for queens. Just need to wait for something to open up.

Depends if your ta

Or mta bus. If your ta queens village Mta bus i believe the closest one to Nassau border would probably be JFK or laguardia depot. I am hoping to get into queeens village as I have a transfer pending for queens. Just need to wait for something to open up.

? Did you get sent to si?

Currently I'm in the process of filling out the paperwork packet they sent out with the letter. I have a very silly question, the letter states Business Casual, so guessing no jeans? Lol have to look for my slacks that haven't worn in years. I have everything in order and planning on getting there bright and early, time for bed. Also the letter states to expect be there for an extended period of time, and medical testing might happen. Also do I need a letter from my Doctor saying the prescription I am taking or do I present the bottle? Thanks. SO excited!

Currently I'm in the process of filling out the paperwork packet they sent out with the letter. I have a very silly question, the letter states Business Casual, so guessing no jeans? Lol have to look for my slacks that haven't worn in years. I have everything in order and planning on getting there bright and early, time for bed. Also the letter states to expect be there for an extended period of time, and medical testing might happen. Also do I need a letter from my Doctor saying the prescription I am taking or do I present the bottle? Thanks. SO excited!

Don't sweat it look neat I went in suit pants and dress shirt and tie and there where people in jeans work boots and pants down to their ass just look neat

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

What are the depots closest to the Queens-Nassau border?

For NYC Transit: Queens Village. For MTA Bus Company, it depends on where you live...LaGuardia if you're coming from the Northern part of Nassau/Suffolk, JFK or Far Rockaway if you're coming from the Southern part. If you click here, you'll see all of the depots and their addresses.

How do you find out or is that after zerega? Mta or ta

It depends on what exam you initially filed for...exam 4600 was for NYC Transit, exam 3101 and exam 4105 was for MaBSTOA. 

I have a very silly question, the letter states Business Casual, so guessing no jeans? Lol have to look for my slacks that haven't worn in years. I have everything in order and planning on getting there bright and early, time for bed. Also the letter states to expect be there for an extended period of time, and medical testing might happen. Also do I need a letter from my Doctor saying the prescription I am taking or do I present the bottle? Thanks. SO excited!

As far as attire, the first time I went down there, I knew it was for the drug test, so I wore blue jeans. The second and third time I went down there, I wore black jeans, a black sweater and a yellow dress shirt with the collar sticking out. As far as the extended time, if you pass medical, they will do your final processing the same day, and you're not allowed to leave the building, that's why they say "extended period of time." As far as the prescription, I would get a letter just to have yourself covered. 

What's the difference from ta to mta?

The first two paragraphs of this page explains the difference. Also, TA is civil service, for MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company, you just take the BOSS test and you get a random list #.

For NYC Transit: Queens Village. For MTA Bus Company, it depends on where you live...LaGuardia if you're coming from the Northern part of Nassau/Suffolk, JFK or Far Rockaway if you're coming from the Southern part. If you click here, you'll see all of the depots and their addresses.

It depends on what exam you initially filed for...exam 4600 was for NYC Transit, exam 3101 and exam 4105 was for MaBSTOA.

As far as attire, the first time I went down there, I knew it was for the drug test, so I wore blue jeans. The second and third time I went down there, I wore black jeans, a black sweater and a yellow dress shirt with the collar sticking out. As far as the extended time, if you pass medical, they will do your final processing the same day, and you're not allowed to leave the building, that's why they say "extended period of time." As far as the prescription, I would get a letter just to have yourself covered.

The first two paragraphs of this page explains the difference. Also, TA is civil service, for MaBSTOA and MTA Bus Company, you just take the BOSS test and you get a random list #.

Thanks young how did they contact you for the second appointment?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk