B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does show on my abstract. It will clear in 2 more months and they told me to call them back when it clears..

2 more months to go...

That's not too bad, compared to someone who has to wait another year or two...also, you'll have a smaller list number, which means that you'll get processed faster and have a chance at picking your "ideal" depot when the time comes around...

Okay, just got my letter today for 4600. I'm in the 1800s. Can't wait to transfer (OA to TA) to Staten Island where I live. Had a good time in Brooklyn though (Ulmer Park), but definitely looking forward to the transfer. Only thing that needs to be done again is medical. Going down November 9th.

Wow. If you're in the 1800's i should be receiving a letter too. Im in the 222x. Currently on line training with OA.

Wow. After 5 weeks of line training im finally on my own tomorrow ????. Express training was fun for 2 weeks with the SI union guus

Congrats. Be safe. It's so weird to know that you were in the class before me but we are heading out on our own at the same time.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Wow. After 5 weeks of line training im finally on my own tomorrow ????. Express training was fun for 2 weeks with the SI union guus

How long after you qualify do you report to the Depot you pick or get assigned to?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

How long after you qualify do you report to the Depot you pick or get assigned to?

And congratulations on your success so far......

Everyone has to wait until day 10 to see if anyone else needs to qualify.

Day 11 is GI(Genreal Information) Day @ zerega. If you have a choice to pick a depot it would be on this day, ifnt no pick, they wI'll just tell you where to report to.

Day 12 is Union Day in Brooklyn.

Day 13 you report to your depot. (If you still need a road test date, you would be assigned a depot on a day to day basis with a superintendent until your road test date.

Edited by dac9050

Everyone has to wait until day 10 to see if anyone else needs to qualify.

Day 11 is GI(Genreal Information) Day @ zerega. If you have a choice to pick a depot it would be on this day, ifnt no pick, they wI'll just tell you where to report to.

Day 12 is Union Day in Brooklyn.

Day 13 you report to your depot. (If you still need a road test date, you would be assigned a depot on a day to day basis with a superintendent until your road test date.

If you qualify on day 7 do you have to report on day 8-10 and is it 10 straight days?

If you qualify on day 7 do you have to report on day 8-10 and is it 10 straight days?

How about reading the forum, same questionshave been asked at least 10x, and to answer your question, if you qualify day 7 you will begin rts training, and no it's not 10 straight days, you get sat and sun off

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Is there parking at zerega?

If you use Google to view the area, you'll see that there are several school bus companies located on that street. Therefore, when school is in session, unless you get there super early enough, the answer is no. Now, if you go when school is not in session, like Midwinter recess, Spring Recess or during the summer when not as many school buses are on the road, then your chance of finding a spot will increase, providing you get there early enough.

For me, coming from Queens, I just took the Q44 SBS, walked a few blocks and I was right there.

Good luck!!

Is there parking at zerega?

You have to get there before 5:30am ( 5 am is your best time). If you are any later you won't find anything. Once you make a right or left of the highway on to zerega heading towards sanitation you can find a spot. There is closer spots but honestly once you are there you can walk 2-3 blocks instead of gambling to find a closer spot.

Edited by dac9050

You have to get there before 5:30am ( 5 am is your best time). If you are any later you won't find anything. Once you make a right or left of the highway on to zerega heading towards sanitation you can find a spot. There is closer spots but honestly once you are there you can walk 2-3 blocks instead of gambling to find a closer spot.

Thanks dac9050

Anyone knows when u go in for pre employment do u sit with ms chestnut or is it someone else that interviews us and checks all the paperwork and application?

Its like being inside a DMV or Government assistance type office. Everything is handled through the front counter. On medical day, its similar process except you will be in the medical side going through different test check ups. Once you're clear with medical, they send you back to the front counter and wait for HR management to call you in for final process.

Its like being inside a DMV or Government assistance type office. Everything is handled through the front counter. On medical day, its similar process except you will be in the medical side going through different test check ups. Once you're clear with medical, they send you back to the front counter and wait for HR management to call you in for final process.

Oh so is not a specific person who takes care of us is actually a few handling us on the first day .. i was wonderin if we sit with ms chestnut on the first day im going in on friday a little nervous ...

How about disposition letters is it a problem if they a couple of months old?

I'm at 180 Livingston today for my medical. My list number is 177x, and I got my letter Friday.

Was here for about 7:00, not much of a line; but FYI, you must get a ticket, similar to the DMV, before you go to the waiting room.

We were directed to sit originally, then we were gathered back to get tickets.

So now, a little before noon, I'm waiting to take my pee test.

Very straightforward procedure, thought you'd want an idea of it.

Oh, and it's not just 4600 candidates, there were also electrician and conductor candidates as well, among others. Traded some great subway stories. :-)

Best of luck, everyone.

Oh boy

now I get this notice. And I don't have all my information ready with my history empl

sent from my note4

Same for me. I was there on Thursday for the pre employment/drug test.  Have to report this Wednesday for medical at 7:30.  I know my previous employment history and schools attended but I'm stressing over the dates.  Does anyone know if they want exact dates or if the month and year is fine?  Also, do they want schools dating back to elementary school or just High School and beyond?  Thinking about declining the appointment for now.  If I do decline, what happens afterwards?  Will I be removed from the list and have to reinstate or will they email me again for the next class?