B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Bonilla1987, You should call Mrs ChestNut, I am number 14XX. When I spoke to her she gave me an appointment for the 28th. I believe this is the medical. Her number is 347. 643.8213.

Good Luck.

Is this ur first time or second time goin to livingstone?

Is this ur first time or second time goin to livingstone?

Just tryna figure out if is for medical ot regular pre employment u goin in for bc i did the regular pre employment already ..

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, It is my first time, however, i had the same issue as you. I called HR and they told me the same thing that they told you. I explained to them that I found out people in the 1700 range got letters and they transferred me over to her. I left her a voicemail and she called me back the next day to schedule. 

Oh ok how ever if it is ur first time then ur goin in for pre employment and drug test that i already did last week .. and was told to wait for an email for the medical thats what im waiting for thanks for ur help though i appreciate it ima defenitly call ms chestnut just to ask and see and make sure im good

Oh ok, thanks for the info. I was not sure what i was going to do on my first day.

Usually first day is pre employment and drug test for which they send via mail a package u have to fill up and take with u but it might be a little different in ur case since u was suppose to have heard from them a while back... good luck though and ur welcome anytime

Im constantly checking it thanks im in the 19xx so maybe there just not up there but it should b soon so im constantly checkin thanks

If they calling 17xx and your 19xx then just wait. That's is a lot of people to process. Btw next week they are is no training Thursday and Friday, so for us in class now we are going straight 10 days Tuesday Nov 15 to Wednesday Nov 23. Then 4 days off Thurs Fri Sat and Sun.

sent from my note4

If they calling 17xx and your 19xx then just wait. That's is a lot of people to process. Btw next week they are is no training Thursday and Friday, so for us in class now we are going straight 10 days Tuesday Nov 15 to Wednesday Nov 23. Then 4 days off Thurs Fri Sat and Sun.

sent from

Trying lol

Passed DMV today, wasn't hard at all and now tomorrow I start line training in Staten Island at Castleton depot. Good luck to all those that started this week and all those coming up. It was very stressful but today it was so rewarding today completing this last hurdle.

congrats, did you ever go to a driving school to learn?

Passed DMV today, wasn't hard at all and now tomorrow I start line training in Staten Island at Castleton depot. Good luck to all those that started this week and all those coming up. It was very stressful but today it was so rewarding today completing this last hurdle.

Congratulations ...

Congrats.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

What, the DMV road prep? Yeah, Zerega no longer sends students out for line training until they pass their road test. After G.I. day, you still report to the Superintendents for a refresher until you pass. The day after that, you'll start line training.

Once you qualify during training, zerega will send you to different depots and different Supt. Until your road test date, which is usually a week after day 10. We had 5 extra days of driving the bus just to get more used to it(and no stress at least the supt. I was with. We had already qualified so even if we made mistakes, they pointed them out and we corrected them.), until we went back to zerega for our road test. by that time we weren't stressed about not making it cause of DMV since we were so comfortable driving the bus without stress or passengers. Even now with the guys in my depot out of my class, we are more comfortable than those that went straight to line training with passengers.

Couple of questions: Was it one-on-one instruction, or was it with a group? Second, I understand that over time they made you feel comfortable operating the bus, however did they do it the DMV way or the MTA way or both?

Congrats!

Edited by +Young+
Typo...

Excellent work.

sent from my note4

Couple of questions: Was it one-on-one instruction, or was it with a group? Second, I understand that over time they made you feel comfortable operating the bus, however did they do it the DMV way or the MTA way or both?

Congrats!

The remainder of us that still had to do DMV were split into 2 groups. One of 6 and the other of 5. We all decided who would drive depending on who was having the most issues still. We all took turns. Someone of us didn't need to do any air brakes, so we let the ones that needed help do the test but we would help them remember or add ways for them to understand it. The supt. We're just there to supervised the bus and make sure nothing happened. It was cool, cause the guys the needed help parking and backing up had multiple times to try, while myself I only did it once and then gave them more time. We all worked 2gether to help make it thru the training and dmv test. I know not all classes would be like that, but our was.

We did both ways. Drove and turns dmv and mta way. It was up to us as long as we let the supt. Know we were gonna do it that way.

Edited by dac9050

Does anyone know how they tell you whether you passed of failed training? Do they do it in front of everyone or pull you aside?

The people you train with are on the bus with you. In the order you start the qualifying course you find out in front of those same peopLe you trained with. Once you qualify you get off that bus and go train on the other type buses like Nova or RTS. Then the next person then tries to qualify and so on until all had a turn.

The people you train with are on the bus with you. In the order you start the qualifying course you find out in front of those same peopLe you trained with. Once you qualify you get off that bus and go train on the other type buses like Nova or RTS. Then the next person then tries to qualify and so on until all had a turn.

Here is the experience from the October 31 class:

If you qualify on Days 6 & 7 (typically a Wednesday & Thursday) you'll get sent to Jamaica on Day 8 for RTS training.

Those qualified on Day 9 (typically a Friday) join their classmates who passed on Days 6 & 7 in Harlem and they did RTS and Nova bus training that day.

Those who qualified on Days 6 and 7 or Day 9 went to Jamaica on Day 10 (typically a Monday). We went back to Zerega and picked up the Day 10 people who qualified. The Day 10 people who qualified did their RTS and Nova training at Zerega.

As for road tests, some of the people who qualified on both Days 6 & 7 did their DMV skills/road tests on Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. Those who qualified on Day 9, I believe did their skills/road tests Wednesday or Thursday. The remainder and Day 10 did their skills/road tests on Thursday.

All of the students who qualified on the October 31 class who wanted Staten Island got transferred to Staten Island. Nobody got to go to Queens (Casey-Stengel, Jamaica or Queens Village) and the depots available to pick were Jackie Gleason, Quill, Kingsbridge and Tuskegee and a few others .

Good to know thanks

Here is the experience from the October 31 class:

If you qualify on Days 6 & 7 (typically a Wednesday & Thursday) you'll get sent to Jamaica on Day 8 for RTS training.

Those qualified on Day 9 (typically a Friday) join their classmates who passed on Days 6 & 7 in Harlem and they did RTS and Nova bus training that day.

Those who qualified on Days 6 and 7 or Day 9 went to Jamaica on Day 10 (typically a Monday). We went back to Zerega and picked up the Day 10 people who qualified. The Day 10 people who qualified did their RTS and Nova training at Zerega.

As for road tests, some of the people who qualified on both Days 6 & 7 did their DMV skills/road tests on Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. Those who qualified on Day 9, I believe did their skills/road tests Wednesday or Thursday. The remainder and Day 10 did their skills/road tests on Thursday.

All of the students who qualified on the October 31 class who wanted Staten Island got transferred to Staten Island. Nobody got to go to Queens (Casey-Stengel, Jamaica or Queens Village) and the depots available to pick were Jackie Gleason, Quill, Kingsbridge and Tuskegee and a few others .

Do you have to pick a depot right then and there or they give you time to think it over?