B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

So two of my classmates passed and going to Jamaica for line training, they possess their cdl. Congrats to those whom passed 7 day. I will be going to casey stengel for day 8 and 9 supt Bush

sent from my note4

Stay positive man. Good luck. I was training out of Casey Stengel. Love that depot and gonna miss it. Sucks that once you pick into Queens, you're stuck there. I would've definitely picked it. Edited by Ctrain24

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone had supt Goddard?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I did.  Loved his training style.  Exactly the way I wanted to go through training with the MTA.  No yelling making you nervous like a drill sergeant but tells you like it is.  Had four guys on our bus and he told us from day 1, we're all family here.  Everyone on our bus was encouraging each other to try to get it done in seven days.  Two of the four qualified on day seven.  Would've been three but one guy made avoidable mistakes because he was nervous.  He's a good driver so I'm sure he'll pull it together for day 9.  Nothing but good things to say about Supt. Goddard from my experience.

I did. Loved his training style. Exactly the way I wanted to go through training with the MTA. No yelling making you nervous like a drill sergeant but tells you like it is. Had four guys on our bus and he told us from day 1, we're all family here. Everyone on our bus was encouraging each other to try to get it done in seven days. Two of the four qualified on day seven. Would've been three but one guy made avoidable mistakes because he was nervous. He's a good driver so I'm sure he'll pull it together for day 9. Nothing but good things to say about Supt. Goddard from my experience.

Sounds like I wish I had him from day 1

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So two of my classmates passed and going to Jamaica for line training, they possess their cdl. Congrats to those whom passed 7 day. I will be going to casey stengel for day 8 and 9 supt Bush

sent from my note4

Jamaica,great depot. Only 9 lines and they're pretty easy. Did line training and about 1 month on my own before I transferred out.

oh, okay. Its expensive going to driving schools.

I hear ya, but if you do your research and compare schools and what they have to offer, you might save some $$....

I did.  Loved his training style.  Exactly the way I wanted to go through training with the MTA.  No yelling making you nervous like a drill sergeant but tells you like it is.  Had four guys on our bus and he told us from day 1, we're all family here.  Everyone on our bus was encouraging each other to try to get it done in seven days.  Two of the four qualified on day seven.  Would've been three but one guy made avoidable mistakes because he was nervous.  He's a good driver so I'm sure he'll pull it together for day 9.  Nothing but good things to say about Supt. Goddard from my experience.

Yelling? There was a lot of that back in February 2014, tell me about it. I wish I had him too...sounds like a positive family which also made a big difference...without elaborating too much, this reminds me of what I learned in one of my undergraduate education classes, in which the family environment at home can make a difference in the student when he/she is at school...

Is it possible to select a Queens depot after you signed the waiver at Zerega?  Now that I've been to multiple depots in training, I'm considering picking into a Queens depot.  Wish they would've let us go through training to get a feel for the depots before signing that.

Is it possible to select a Queens depot after you signed the waiver at Zerega? Now that I've been to multiple depots in training, I'm considering picking into a Queens depot. Wish they would've let us go through training to get a feel for the depots before signing that.

When you declined and don't pick that keeps your option open. If you pick queens your stuck in Queens for life

sent from my note4

Edited by isaelperez81

Any particular reason why they have that like that wereif u pick queens ur there for life why is that?

When it's time to pick you can choose Brooklyn Bronx Manhattan you can change and bid anytime. But Queens and SI is a one shot deal. You can only go to any depot in those boroughs. I think it has to do with union thing.

sent from my note4

When you declined and don't pick that keeps your option open. If you pick queens your stuck in Queens for life

sent from my note4

Cool thanks.  Didn't remember what it said exactly. 

Any particular reason why they have that like that wereif u pick queens ur there for life why is that?

Something with the unions.  Queens and Staten Island depots have different unions from Brooklyn and Manhattan. 

Edited by Ctrain24

Wish they would've let us go through training to get a feel for the depots before signing that.

Believe it or not, if you do some research, you can figure this out yourself. Here's how:

If you do a Google search for MTA Bus Operations, several sites like this & this will come up. Then, you can figure out where the depot is exactly located, how many routes/lines there are, and on the back page of the schedule, you'll find a particular route.

Example: The Casey Stengel Depot is located across the street from CitiField. Out of all the routes that come out of that depot, two of them are the Q12 & Q26. If you click on the URL links and look on the back page, you'll see the specific information for that line or route.

In case any of you are wondering how I got those schedules, the answer is from this MTA page. Got it?

Queens doesn't do system picks, which would allow you to change depots every year. So, if you go to Queens, you will be stuck at that one depot for the whole way. To answer your question, you can always request a transfer in the future, however since you're not going there from jump, you will lose your seniority once you go.

Queens and Staten Island are like that because in manhattan bronx and brooklyn u can pick into different depots every year and move up and down in senority we don't like that in queens and Staten Island we always move up in senorita

If you can pick into queens go for it it's it's way better then everywhere else u can work any time of day u want and you'll get weekends off in 5 years. In OA depots ur your working nights for minimum 10 years and weekends off 20 years.

Plus in queens u work stress free everyone saids good morning hi bye thanks. Everywhere else no one pays and treat u like sh*t