B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

You're welcome. Any feedback on the handouts? Just curious...

I found them helpful (Thank You!), but as a bus driver prior to joining MTA, I knew for the most part exactly what the handouts were talking about and actually doing them, the El pillars for example made those concepts "come alive". For those new to driving a bus, the concepts might not be so easy to digest strictly on paper.

When my Supt. told me to secure the bus and walked out the bus, made a call and turned to me and said, "welcome to the family, you've qualified", I broke down with joy and happiness , the cloud over me has broken and my life can come full swing. 

Congratulations Isael! :)

They dont do medical and final processing in the same day anymore. Now once you pass your medical you have to wait for them to contact you again to come back for final processing. At that point they will tell you to bring that 21 pg packet.

Lets see what happens with future candidates, maybe this is a "one-off".

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found them helpful (Thank You!), but as a bus driver prior to joining MTA, I knew for the most part exactly what the handouts were talking about and actually doing them, the El pillars for example made those concepts "come alive". For those new to driving a bus, the concepts might not be so easy to digest strictly on paper.

Congratulations Isael! :)

Lets see what happens with future candidates, maybe this is a "one-off".

Yea i think they played me lol. Last time i did everything my medical and final processing the same day when i was gonna do OA but this time they made me do them seperate

You're welcome. I will be posting the link periodically here and there in the future to help out any other members and/or guests.

just realized that the subject line in HR email says medical ONLY. The 21 page booklet is not mentioned in the list of docs i should bring with me and no words about final processing. What does it mean? If i pass medical then i have to come back for the final procedures? is there no new class date determined?

I had my medical on Nov 9th as well.  They took the 21 page booklet and processed me that same day I passed medical.  Reported to Zerega on Nov 14th.  Better to bring the completed booklet with you than risk an avoidable delay in the hiring process.  Good luck.   

I had my medical on Nov 9th as well.  They took the 21 page booklet and processed me that same day I passed medical.  Reported to Zerega on Nov 14th.  Better to bring the completed booklet with you than risk an avoidable delay in the hiring process.  Good luck.   

i'll be ready for the final processing , just in case. thank you.

If it was dismissed or sealed then it's like it never happened. Anything that's pending or you been found guilty of must be put down. They won't hire you with pending cases. Just be honest about everything. Once again if you were never found guilty then no need to put it.

e

ok thanks for the info..

I have a second drug test tomorrow, will bring the booklet just in case but I don't think I'll be needing it...

What, if anything, will I need to bring in addition to the booklet for final processing?

Hey BJH3866. How was your visit at Livinston today? Was it just a drug test or the final processing too? Any info about next training class?

Hey BJH3866. How was your visit at Livinston today? Was it just a drug test or the final processing too? Any info about next training class?

Drug test only, but not for lack of trying...when I got my ticket he asked why I was there, I told him "2nd drug test, and maybe final processing."  He printed out a ticket that said "Employment" at the bottom.  I sat and waited about two hours, then I was called up to station #7, who told me "you're here for a 2nd drug test only".  I said "that's what I was told originally, but maybe they can both be done?"  She shook her head no, then asked if I had my paperwork from the last test.  I told her no, I'd left it home.  

(WORD TO THE WISE...KEEP ALL PAPERWORK WITH YOU, FROM THE FIRST DAY AT LIVINGSTON, UNTIL YOU'VE PASSED FINAL PROCESSING.  DON'T CLEAN YOUR BAG OUT!!)  <facepalm>  <smh>

Anyway...I got called back up to #7 a couple of hours later, I was asked if my personal situation, employment, address, etc. had changed since I started the process.  I told her no, then she had me initial and date a bunch of pages from the paperwork I handed in on Day 1 that she had folded.

Got called to the lab at 3:00, was done with that by 4:15.  I went back up to the front, told them I was done, asked what was next.  They said medical, then final processing.  I said I'd completed medical, and she said final processing was the only thing left then, check your e-mail for the notice, and good luck.

And that's that.

Drug test only, but not for lack of trying...when I got my ticket he asked why I was there, I told him "2nd drug test, and maybe final processing." He printed out a ticket that said "Employment" at the bottom. I sat and waited about two hours, then I was called up to station #7, who told me "you're here for a 2nd drug test only". I said "that's what I was told originally, but maybe they can both be done?" She shook her head no, then asked if I had my paperwork from the last test. I told her no, I'd left it home.

(WORD TO THE WISE...KEEP ALL PAPERWORK WITH YOU, FROM THE FIRST DAY AT LIVINGSTON, UNTIL YOU'VE PASSED FINAL PROCESSING. DON'T CLEAN YOUR BAG OUT!!) <facepalm> <smh>

Anyway...I got called back up to #7 a couple of hours later, I was asked if my personal situation, employment, address, etc. had changed since I started the process. I told her no, then she had me initial and date a bunch of pages from the paperwork I handed in on Day 1 that she had folded.

Got called to the lab at 3:00, was done with that by 4:15. I went back up to the front, told them I was done, asked what was next. They said medical, then final processing. I said I'd completed medical, and she said final processing was the only thing left then, check your e-mail for the notice, and good luck.

And that's that.

good advice. It's always good to have no matter what.

My pleasure, it it helps anyone understand the process, no worries.

FYI, though, I did have to resolve a medical hold, otherwise that and final processing may have happened the same day.

are you allowed to come back the sameday to get the hold cleared. Like for example if your doctors office is not far and you have them sign the paperwork, could you bring it back that same day?

are you allowed to come back the sameday to get the hold cleared. Like for example if your doctors office is not far and you have them sign the paperwork, could you bring it back that same day?

Yes, someone on this thread wrote that he did exactly that.

A real off topic question but just an estimate when do you think they will get up to the #4000's on the list? I am sitting in my AAR vechile and saw a training bus pass by me and saying any day now.. Lol...congrats to everyone processed and traning!!

I don't know what number they are up to but I know they have a class of new trainee's damn near every week, depot I'm at just got 10 fresh people, list is moving fast.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by Bklyn Style

I don't know what number they are up to but I know they have a class of new trainee's damn near every week, depot I'm at just got 10 fresh people, list is moving fast.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's good news.....this is really a waiting game but its all worth it in the end..I just got my cdl so I'm ready to do as soon as they call me