B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long does it take to receive uniforms?  Got measured for them the last week of November.

The measurement fitting are useless. All they had to do is ask for your sizes that you normally wear in dress shirt, Sweaters, Jackets, and Pants instead of being measured. So far I only received both long sleeve and short sleeve button down shirt and the commando sweater, and had to returned them back because they were incorrect sizes.

My List number is 14XX, but my number was passed on the Drug Test. I took my Drug test on November 28th. 

Thanks

David

Oh ok im in 19xx im here for a second drug test originallyi did my first one nov 10 but it expired so i got a call to come back for a second one .. hopefully this time theyll call me back soon for medical..

Oh ok im in 19xx im here for a second drug test originallyi did my first one nov 10 but it expired so i got a call to come back for a second one .. hopefully this time theyll call me back soon for medical..

Good Luck, you should keep in contact with Mrs, Chestnut, They will tell you that you should hear from them with in 3-90 days. If you don't hear from them by early to mid next week, i would call her. 

Good Luck, you should keep in contact with Mrs, Chestnut, They will tell you that you should hear from them with in 3-90 days. If you don't hear from them by early to mid next week, i would call her.

Ill defenitly stay in contact with her bc last time i never heard back and the test expired thats why im here again now..

I have my medical on Thursday, any ideas on what the blood sugar level needs to be. I see people mention the Blood Pressure, but if i recall they check the blood sugar level as well. 

Anything under 220 is good...if it's higher (like mine was), they'll tell you to have some water, and walk around for 30 minutes.  I went from >400 to 120, was shocked at how much it dropped.

They say 3 to 90, but with me both times it was 3.

Hey all.

I am new to the forum but have been following for awhile now. I am in the next class on 12/26 and congrats to everyone that is going thru the process of becoming a Bus Operator. I have a question. For the first day of training we have to wear clothes similar to those of the uniform (when it comes, based on the forum that can take awhile). What type of shoes do they want us us wear? Not sure if they are particular shoes that I should be buying. 

Hey all.

I am new to the forum but have been following for awhile now. I am in the next class on 12/26 and congrats to everyone that is going thru the process of becoming a Bus Operator. I have a question. For the first day of training we have to wear clothes similar to those of the uniform (when it comes, based on the forum that can take awhile). What type of shoes do they want us us wear? Not sure if they are particular shoes that I should be buying.

What list number range are u if u dont mind tellin me?

Hey all.

ACG type is ok. Non slip dress shoes or non slip work shoes. No sneakers.

sent from my note4