B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Hmmmmmm... Dre87 you said you get a list number after the BOSS exam and MassProduction you said before the BOSS.

On the application it says:

"THE TEST RESULTS: If you pass the multiple-choice test, your name will be placed in final score order on an
eligible list and you will be given a list number."

So either way, it should be based on your score from the first written exam. Not sure what they're doing with all the people who have the same scores. I hope alphabetical starting with A cause my last name begins with an A    :lol:

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so first if you failed they send you a test stating you fail, if you pass with a low score you still have chances is what youre saying, but that depends on how many bus drivers they need also

so you can get a list number ,and how bout if you fail the boss then what?

If u fail the written test they not gonna let u take the boss exam. If u fail the boss u won't make the list to get hired for the job. Once u make the list u r gonna get called. It's just gonna b a waiting game. Everyone that makes the list isn't gonna get hire due to having to many pts on their license, they have a bad criminal background, they fail the drug test, they don't pass the 10 day training, don't pass the dmv road test, and u have ppl the turn down the job.

If u fail the written test they not gonna let u take the boss exam. If u fail the boss u won't make the list to get hired for the job. Once u make the list u r gonna get called. It's just gonna b a waiting game. Everyone that makes the list isn't gonna get hire due to having to many pts on their license, they have a bad criminal background, they fail the drug test, they don't pass the 10 day training, don't pass the dmv road test, and u have ppl the turn down the job.

I don't get why some poeple even bother taking the exam if they got crazy points racked up on their license or can't stay off drugs. If you got say 10 points on your license that ain't coming off in time then why bother? I guess they figure they have nothing to lose but that still don't make sense.

From what i know based on pre exam class I took and a few TA operator. If you passed the exam you must take the "BOSS exam"to finalize your listing place. If you fail the BOSS exam you wont proceed with a list number. If you pass the boss , they will mail you where you stand as far the list goes. So regardless you got an high score on the exam, if you dont pass the boss exam your pretty much out the loop.

I read it in a forum here mta send a guy his letter 3 weeks from taking his exam that he failed ,he said they not playing hehe, I guess that's the first step mta takes with the test , they check who pas or not and then they take it from there ,those who fail is of the list of people who took the exam ,so they get that letter ,then next step is the passing and scores and etc...

to be honest with you I never knew anyone that failed the BOSS.

I know no points of interest questions, no math questions. Everything I studied was not on the test. Now it's the waiting game.

that's what it's all about waiting for your time to come. been there done that. Edited by mass production

Hmmmmmm... Dre87 you said you get a list number after the BOSS exam and MassProduction you said before the BOSS.

"THE TEST RESULTS: If you pass the multiple-choice test, your name will be placed in final score order on an

So either way, it should be based on your score from the first written exam. Not sure what they're doing with all the people who have the same scores. I hope alphabetical starting with A cause my last name begins with an A :lol:

My last name begins with an A too but don't think it might be the case. Edited by mass production

You would be surprise....all repeated questions was not answered the same.

When i use to be a mgr at circuit city, we provided the same 50- 100 selective survey questions style. And many did not pass because some of their answers we not consistance to the first few questions that were repeated 5-9 times in the entire survey selection. So you would be surprise how many people doesnt know how to answer these questions.

My last name begins with an A too but don't think it might be the case.

It's just wishful thinking on my end lol

I'm guessing they'll do random orders for those with the same numbers. It's the only fair way I could think of. Either way, if 100 or 200 people get, for example, a 94, what's the difference really. I think for those with lower numbers (70s/low 80s) it will matter a lot more with so many people passing.

I'm confident that everyone did well on this exam. From reading a few threads this evening I've noticed that there are people that took the same exact exam but however the bus maps were different and so were the questions on the exam. The exam were similar but some people had two different Bus maps one Queens one Brooklyn. I took mine this Sunday and I had the Queens Bus map. Anyone who took the exam this Sunday afternoon around 1:30pm at Brooklyn Tech H.S. and had Queens Bus map I want to compare the answers just instant message me if you want to keep your answers confidential.

Edited by mass production

It's just wishful thinking on my end lol

I'm guessing they'll do random orders for those with the same numbers. It's the only fair way I could think of. Either way, if 100 or 200 people get, for example, a 94, what's the difference really. I think for those with lower numbers (70s/low 80s) it will matter a lot more with so many people passing.

It don't go by last name. I know that for a fact.

So either way, it should be based on your score from the first written exam. Not sure what they're doing with all the people who have the same scores. I hope alphabetical starting with A cause my last name begins with an A :lol:

ya list number is based on ya score from the written exam.

if this list turns out to be very long , the MTA  may extend it for longer than 4 years like they've done in the past . keep in mind alot of people don't make the TEAM  for WHATEVER  reason  drugs, alcohol , criminal history ,  driving record , training . i can go on and on  let's all stay positive and healthy  . GOOD LUCK TO ALL