Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
BusOperator3319

B/O 4600 Hiring Process

+Young+

Attention Folks:

For those of you who are not aware, as per the Active Civil Service List page of the NYC Open Data website, this list has been extended until January 6th, 2021. For those of you who want to restore your name to the list, click here for instructions on how to do so via e-mail. If you wish to do this in person, click here for those instructions.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the immediate future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

For those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Good luck and remember to check those mirrors every three to five seconds!!

Message added by +Young+

Any recommendations for a good pair of slip resistant shoes?  I've had my foot slip while holding the service brake a few times :o .  Specifically on the Nova buses. 

Any recommendations for a good pair of slip resistant shoes? I've had my foot slip while holding the service brake a few times :o . Specifically on the Nova buses.

Honestly I used skechers slip resistant work shoes 40 bucks at finish line. Looks like sneakers but more comfortable. That's just me. 882c60d376128c7da69acc4bf8a304d0.jpg

sent from my note4

Honestly I used skechers slip resistant work shoes 40 bucks at finish line. Looks like sneakers but more comfortable. That's just me.

sent from my note4

Thanks.  I've actually seen those a few times in my search online.  I'll definitely take a look at them when I go shopping.  Almost fell on my ass a few times today at work. 

Thanks. I've actually seen those a few times in my search online. I'll definitely take a look at them when I go shopping. Almost fell on my ass a few times today at work.

Actually those where smith's lol wrong photo here is the skechers b4d414f4549c20ab0bd1e047454c3c4c.jpg

sent from my note4

Actually those where smith's lol wrong photo here is the skechers

sent from my note4

Which one's do you prefer?  The second ones definitely look like sneakers.  Any issues with the dispatchers in your depot? 

Which one's do you prefer? The second ones definitely look like sneakers. Any issues with the dispatchers in your depot?

the are very comfortable. No one ever said anything what so ever. Worn then form day 1

sent from my note4

Edited by isaelperez81

I've always been a fan of Nike ACG, but they cost an arm & a leg

i wear those now and I find that I trip more on those than any other boot.

Ok, it's official. Going to Staten Island as an OA to TA cross over. Been almost 2 years at Ulmer Park in Brooklyn. Had a good experience.

I picked UP today, the depot of my 1st choice). I got very lucky. We had 2 slots available there but nobody wants to take it.

Ok, it's official. Going to Staten Island as an OA to TA cross over. Been almost 2 years at Ulmer Park in Brooklyn. Had a good experience.

Absolutely...Walked out with a smile...

I picked UP today, the depot of my 1st choice). I got very lucky. We had 2 slots available there but nobody wants to take it.

Cool, enjoy! Hit me up if you have any questions.

Transferred before I picked, will be on Staten Island provided I pass my road test tomorrow. I selected Charleston at orientation, hopefully that comes through.

Hello everybody I'm new to the site although I have been following this thread for a while congrats to all who made it as a BO from this exam. I am list number 31xx so hopefully by this year sometime I get called. I am working on getting my Cdl class B I have my permit already. My dream and career job is TO but BO is a start.

Blunt depots available; Fresh Pond, Grand Avenue, East New York, Ulmer Park, Gleason. Gleason and ENY had the most spots

I'm in 12/26; a lot of passed their road tests, I'm doing mine today. Picks are done, but I transferred to Staten Island, I will get details later today. What do you want to know?

I'm in 12/26; a lot of passed their road tests, I'm doing mine today. Picks are done, but I transferred to Staten Island, I will get details later today. What do you want to know?

No..nothing particular. I'm planning to get myself re-instated next month. List 13xx. I want to transfer to Staten Island if get selected. I hear you can't pick Staten originally. How do you get the transfer?

Why are u showing us that? That's the contract from 2014 which expires in a few days lol

true..at least one gets the idea..lol..hope it will be better this time..

Can someone explain how the night and weekend differential work?

thanks