B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

I went with just a permit, the dmv test is way easier than the 10 day training, having a cdl is a plus but if you can pass the 10 day training the dmv test should be a breeze.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You just drive the way Zerega classroom taught and you will pass the roadtest. People over complicate things and that's how they fail. Example parallel parking, if you touch the curb your done, too far from the curb and it's 5 pts. Lmao. Driving slow 15 mph and calling out school, road hazards, bikes and yielding to pedestrian crossing. Calling out over passes and road signage is part of being aware of your surroundings.

I must admit failing the 1st time around because I over thought it and made silly mistakes. The second time I was more relaxed and just took it my time, I drove the bus the bus didn't drive me.

sent from my note4

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wass up everybody any idea if mta workers got a new contract already?

Good Afternoon,

At 3am on January 16th, Local 100 reached a tentative agreement settling our contract with the TA/OA and MTA Bus. This agreement will now go to the Executive Board for your to decide whether to recommend it to the membership.

Here are some of the highlights of this agreement:

Two 2.5% raises over 26 months. These raises greatly exceed inflation.

A $500 bonus, valued at over half a wage point, covering the final two months of the contract.

The Contract will expire on May 15th, 2019

Cash out of unused sick time upon resignation or retirement no matter how few days in the sick bank.

300% increase for drivers of artic buses.

Commuter rail passes for members living in NYC.

Improved shoes for all titles.

Increases in longevity pay

Maintainers at MTA Bus will see a reduction in their workday from 8.5 hours (includes unpaid lunch) to 8 hours, with no loss in pay.

Members at TA, OA and MTA Bus will now be covered by a unified contract. For the first time in more than a decade, night/weekend differential will rise with raise. A guarantee to increase our in-house construction workforce by at least 100 workers to improve the quality of facilities and address concerns raised on behalf of female members.

The Union and the Company will meet to identify even more work to bring in-house. Improvements in dental plan, which will enable us to provide coverage of dependents to 26 years. Increase in maintainer pay from $320 to $500 annually.

This proposal has been unanimously approved by the Local's Executive Committee (top 10 Local officers). We will be holding an Executive Board meeting at the Union Hall, tomorrow morning. Details will follow. We will have a full discussion of the proposed agreement and answer your questions at tomorrow's Board meeting.

Thank you

Edited by vjs99355

Good Afternoon,

At 3am on January 16th, Local 100 reached a tentative agreement settling our contract with the TA/OA and MTA Bus. This agreement will now go to the Executive Board for your to decide whether to recommend it to the membership.

Here are some of the highlights of this agreement:

Two 2.5% raises over 26 months. These raises greatly exceed inflation.

A $500 bonus, valued at over half a wage point, covering the final two months of the contract.

The Contract will expire on May 15th, 2019

Cash out of unused sick time upon resignation or retirement no matter how few days in the sick bank.

300% increase for drivers of artic buses.

Commuter rail passes for members living in NYC.

Improved shoes for all titles.

Increases in longevity pay

Maintainers at MTA Bus will see a reduction in their workday from 8.5 hours (includes unpaid lunch) to 8 hours, with no loss in pay.

Members at TA, OA and MTA Bus will now be covered by a unified contract. For the first time in more than a decade, night/weekend differential will rise with raise. A guarantee to increase our in-house construction workforce by at least 100 workers to improve the quality of facilities and address concerns raised on behalf of female members.

The Union and the Company will meet to identify even more work to bring in-house. Improvements in dental plan, which will enable us to provide coverage of dependents to 26 years. Increase in maintainer pay from $320 to $500 annually.

This proposal has been unanimously approved by the Local's Executive Committee (top 10 Local officers). We will be holding an Executive Board meeting at the Union Hall, tomorrow morning. Details will follow. We will have a full discussion of the proposed agreement and answer your questions at tomorrow's Board meeting.

Thank you

So is it stay as 25 yrs to retirement any idea? Is that been changed or stayin the same ? And thanks upfront

So is it stay as 25 yrs to retirement any idea? Is that been changed or stayin the same ? And thanks upfront

We don't know a lot about this new propose contract. Remember negotiations just started. This was just propose a day ago, it's a process. Union members still have to vote yes or no. It's going to take time, but according to the propose contract there will be no give back. So the 25-55 I believe will not change.

We don't know a lot about this new propose contract. Remember negotiations just started. This was just propose a day ago, it's a process. Union members still have to vote yes or no. It's going to take time, but according to the propose contract there will be no give back. So the 25-55 I believe will not change.

Negotiations have been completed, this is now a tentative agreement awaiting ratification before the members.

When the contract was coming to an end in October/November/December 2016 the TWU Local 100 set forth their demands to management and this was negotiated prior to completion of the most recent contract.. 

I have no information on the status of the relevant ATU contracts. FYI.

As for NYCERS, the pension for TA titles, that is completely separate from these negotiations (e.g not covered by collective bargaining) and must be dealt with legislatively through the NYC Council/NY State Legislature from my understanding.

Edited by 161NewYork

Wass up everybody any idea if mta workers got a new contract already

Read the article

Good Afternoon......

Folks, I know this is going to be hard, however if we can please stay on-topic and not go off-topic, it would be truly appreciated. Another thread has been created for this topic, which can be viewed here.

Thank you.

I am on a medical hold, but now have cleared everything with my doctor. Wrote to Ms, Chestnut asking when I should come back to Livingston, but no reply. Can I just show up there on a weekday morning?. Hoping to get into the class in March if there's one.

I am on a medical hold, but now have cleared everything with my doctor. Wrote to Ms, Chestnut asking when I should come back to Livingston, but no reply. Can I just show up there on a weekday morning?. Hoping to get into the class in March if there's one.

I was in the same situation and got it cleared yes you can just show up there but they will probably tell u as they told me if the medical is more than 90 days old when the next class is schedule to begin u will have to do it over ..

I was in the same situation and got it cleared yes you can just show up there but they will probably tell u as they told me if the medical is more than 90 days old when the next class is schedule to begin u will have to do it over ..

Lets just hope the next class is in the beginnin of march...

yeah I would show up. You don't want to delay your process.

No, the lab work they required, i got last month..

Ok kool so as long as they call u back for a class that starts in leas than 90 days from the date of ur labwork ur all good to go.. we are both in the same situation..

There seems to be a couple of people with the same situation bc on the same date i was told that there was also another gentleman who was in the same situation and was also told the same ... lets just hope to hear from them asap..

...if the medical is more than 90 days old when the next class is schedule to begin u will have to do it over ..

Ok kool so as long as they call u back for a class that starts in leas than 90 days from the date of ur labwork ur all good to go..

As a rule of thumb:

-Drug tests are valid for 30 calendar days.

-Medical examinations are valid for 90 calendar days.

Calendar days are defined as regular days during the week, including holidays, Saturdays & Sundays.

Yhello all, today I received a letter from MTA stating that I have to go down to DCAS to reinstate my name on list because all the classes are full, apparently they took my name off the list, list number is 9xx, I went thru drug screen, back in November , now question is are they going to be any more classes in March. This is puzzling, did anybody else received a similar letter????

Yhello all, today I received a letter from MTA stating that I have to go down to DCAS to reinstate my name on list because all the classes are full, apparently they took my name off the list, list number is 9xx, I went thru drug screen, back in November , now question is are they going to be any more classes in March. This is puzzling, did anybody else received a similar letter????

Thats weird i though they didnt just remove u out of the list like that maybe u missed ur appt for medical or somethin .. i was also told theres a class in march im lookin forward to that

Letter dated Jan 12 2017 it reads

In order to be considered for the next available class for the position of bus operator you must report to NYC department of citywide services unit 1 center street room 2150 ny ny and have you name restored to the cause the class is filled.

I spoke to Mrs. Chestnut twice waiting on the medical and was never called??????

U should defenitly call dcas the automatic operator give u the option of checking ur status on there u will find out if ur on the list or if u were removed and if ur under active certification .. i dont think they take u out without u requesting it though unless u missed there appt multiple times... good luck and lets hope theres a class soon..

Edited by rafael28