B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Oh wow

How did u find out there all for 4600 .. bc if thats the case it must be a big class on march 6... thanks for the update

Im thinkin she was probably refering to everyone goin in for deug test today was from 4600... the people that were doin medical they probably from the feb 20 class .. well what ever the case is atleast we know is moving good luck to everyone

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok..here's my situation. I had my medical done 1st November 2016. Since I had a small issue, was placed on medical hold. Though I could have resolved it right away, I took that opportunity to wait to take care of some personal matters. Today I went to get the hold cleared, but my original medical expired, since it's more than 90 days.  Had to go to DCAS to get reinstated. Went back to Livingston, but was told I have to wait till they get the updated list with my name on it. I was given Ms. Chesnut's contact info and told me to call her in about two weeks. Guess I'll have to do everything all over again.

If anyone has experience getting hired after being reinstated, I would please like to hear how the procedure went.

Thanks in advance.

Was able to speak with someone right now and they said my name has been manually restored to the list and to come any day this week for the medical

Hey they told u to go for medical or for drug test this week ... ? Bc before u do the medical u have to do the drug test or u did the drug test within the last 30 days... ?

Hey they told u to go for medical or for drug test this week ... ? Bc before u do the medical u have to do the drug test or u did the drug test within the last 30 days... ?

I m askin you to see if i have to do drug test again or not bc i already havemy medical but my drug test was more than 30 days ago so i guess i have to do it again..

Physicoles if you don't mind me asking what number did you call??

Sent you a PM

I m askin you to see if i have to do drug test again or not bc i already havemy medical but my drug test was more than 30 days ago so i guess i have to do it again..

You're right. I meant to say I have to go for drug test, Not Medical

Sent you a PM

You're right. I meant to say I have to go for drug test, Not Medical

Oh ok thanks for ur response and good luck to you and everybody else goin threw the process in this moment hopefully we can all join the march 6 class...we all been waiting for a while but we are almost in