B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you get notified by letter in the mail of your drug test result?

I was told I should be expecting something in the mail soon, however, she wasn't able to tell me what the letter will say.

This doesn't sound good.. And NO, I don't do any drugs

hello, physcoles, call DCAS 212-669-1357 see what your up date is for your list number, also they have been screwing up on calling people and sending out welcome letters, call mrs chestnut directly after calling DCAS, they also lose people in the system, thats just from my personal experience, also depends on your list number, if they called list number after you and sent them to medical and hired then you should be in there already for hiring, Competitive Hiring Process, dont sweat the drug screen since you dont do drugs, they also dont send letter of passing drug screen, 

just a question, I start at zerega on monday, by transit it will be a 2.5 hour commute, by car 40min, anybody who has been there for training taken their car, any parking within walking distance 1/2 mile or parking at area near that i might catch the b22 or other bus, thanks in advance

just a question, I start at zerega on monday, by transit it will be a 2.5 hour commute, by car 40min, anybody who has been there for training taken their car, any parking within walking distance 1/2 mile or parking at area near that i might catch the b22 or other bus, thanks in advance

Parking is do-able within 1/2 mile or so from Zerega, best advice, get there EARLY. You will be at Zerega only for Day 0, or orientation, Day 10 (if you don't qualify on Days 6&7 or 9) and a few times after that.

Parking is do-able within 1/2 mile or so from Zerega, best advice, get there EARLY. You will be at Zerega only for Day 0, or orientation, Day 10 (if you don't qualify on Days 6&7 or 9) and a few times after that.

thanks, much appreciated, thanks to all as well for help thru this process, see you all on the other side, regards

Not sure if this question was asked. There's about 4 other bus operator exams coming out. I'm going to apply to all of them. But lets say you applied for train operator and then after that you apply for bus operator the same year. But you get called for bus operator first and you work that.

And then you get notice for train operator ? Years later. Can you transfer? Do you get bumped up the list because you're already a bus operator while you're waiting for train operator? . Sorry for the complicated questions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this question was asked. There's about 4 other bus operator exams coming out. I'm going to apply to all of them. But lets say you applied for train operator and then after that you apply for bus operator the same year. But you get called for bus operator first and you work that.

And then you get notice for train operator ? Years later. Can you transfer? Do you get bumped up the list because you're already a bus operator while you're waiting for train operator? . Sorry for the complicated questions.

Please don't apologize for the complicated questions - we're all here to help to each other out.

Edited by +Young+

You can transfer between titles, absolutely. However, it is recommended that you wait until you complete 1 year in the first title, so that if for whatever reason you can't continue as a train operator, you can return to being a bus operator and vice versa.

Yeah I'm wait until I finish Probation to transfer to TA, I just received a letter for this exam to come in for a drug test, but currently an Probie OA operator.

Anybody else having trouble trying to access the DCAS automated line?

I just tried & was not successful. Since they're open six days a week, I would try again later today, that's when they usually update it anyway.