B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm asking because most of us got our List Letters when the List was generated last year in January 2016. My number is 25XX. Trying to see how close I am.

scar3face GOTCHA. Congrats. I will be there soon then. Waiting on that same Pre-Employment Letter as well.

Will be seeing you soon. Lol

Some people said that when you're on probation its not good to do over time? I don't understand that.

Also when you guys are training and you go do the bus final or practical, are you allowed to call out what you're doing? Like when you do the cdl road test. Example: potential hazard, proceeding with caution...looking to my right mirror and left clear to pass. Stuff like that?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Some people said that when you're on probation its not good to do over time? I don't understand that.

Also when you guys are training and you go do the bus final or practical, are you allowed to call out what you're doing? Like when you do the cdl road test. Example: potential hazard, proceeding with caution...looking to my right mirror and left clear to pass. Stuff like that?

yeah not a good idea to do OT in the first year. OT just means more time in the seat to get in an accident. No need to get your probation extended.

and yeah your expected to call things out. 

Tomorrow I was suppose to go in for a drug test for this exam, but since Im a probie at the moment, I rather wait to finish probation and transfer after. Anyone in here know who to call to ask to place my list number on hold or temporary remove?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Edited by DueceDrives

Tomorrow I was suppose to go in for a drug test for this exam, but since Im a probie at the moment, I rather wait to finish probation and transfer after. Anyone in here know who to call to ask to place my list number on hold or temporary remove?

Exam Information Center at (347) 643-7221 or (347) 643-7222

Try those. I spoke to someone at the 7222 number.

Anyone knows superintendent Lee any info would be greatly appreciated

If its the same Supt Lee I know, you will most likely enjoy your training. What depot will you train out of?

Training going real swell.

Good luck to all in training now n those starting on the 20th. Just listen n execute it will be yours.

Hey got my pre testing papers Saturday and go to 180 Livingston on Friday...

Got my CDL permit B with passenger

What am I'm looking forward to?

I sure it's been answered already, but I'm at work so I can't search as much as I would like to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you do the el pillars?

Hey wass up im also goin threw the trainin i haves covered alot and doin well so fine but if u dontmine me askin when u say L pillars what are u refering to is it the pivot points and reference points ? I can defenitly use some help