B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Yes 3 of us also, one going to day 9, excited and relieved , best today, gogettum

GOOOOOO SPARROW857. YOU GOT THIS. Were all rooting for you.

TEEGRID67 made a good suggestion that we all get together and celebrate when this is all done and we QUALIFY.

What do you all you guys think SupaSaint01, FutureBOtoTO,Ddissa2000, DueceDrives, mastap123, rafael28?

What yall wanna do? Send any and all suggestions to TEEGRID67.

lol

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TEEGRID67 made a good suggestion that we all get together and celebrate when this is all done and we QUALIFY.

What do you all you guys think SupaSaint01, FutureBOtoTO,Ddissa2000, DueceDrives, mastap123, rafael28?

lol

What??? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

RTS training tomorrow 830 am at Jamaica see u there n ty all I appreciate your encouragement

Congratulations...what are the depots available for your postings?.. did you get to pick or they assigned?

I didn't get to pick yet. But I'll let you know what day when we do.

Go to trogsneck deli and grill!!! LOL

Lmaoo Congrats Sparrow. Are you going to jam depot tomorrow??

WLM your funny lol. Let us know what class date your going in. I'm rooting for you too

Congrats to you all that made it on day 7. The week is not over and continue being humble especially while you learn the following buses RTS, Nova LFS, and The New Flyers "My favorite bus" tomorrow. Those who are going to day 9, don't be discouraged, you still have a few more days to impress the others Supt.

I made it on day 7 yaaa. Hope all my fellow trainees made it as well....

Congrats!!

Those who are going to day 9, don't be discouraged, you still have a few more days to impress the others Supt.

One of the big advantages is that you will have a different Superintendent which should make the difference. In addition, according to this post, the route you will be doing is something very similar to Day #5, so it's not like you'll be tackling Upper Manhattan for the first time, with the exception of the snow & ice, respectfully.

In addition, for Day 10 (if you have to go there), it's a simple route, however my one piece of advice: Forget the Second Superintendent!!

Edited by +Young+
Addition...

Congrats to you all that made it on day 7. The week is not over and continue being humble especially while you learn the following buses RTS, Nova LFS, and The New Flyers "My favorite bus" tomorrow. Those who are going to day 9, don't be discouraged, you still have a few more days to impress the others Supt.

Ty Dueces n will do

Congrats!!

One of the big advantages is that you will have a different Superintendent which should make the difference. In addition, according to this post, the route you will be doing is something very similar to Day #5, so it's not like you'll be tackling Upper Manhattan for the first time, with the exception of the snow & ice, respectfully.

In addition, for Day 10 (if you have to go there), it's a simple route, however my one piece of advice: Forget the Second Superintendent!!

Ty Young I appreciate it

lol

Edited by Supasaint01

Very happy i qualified on day 7 which was today... it feels good to be in the mta family .. congratulations to everyone else who also qualified today lets keep this forum active and keep helpin each other out ... congratz and see u guys on the road...

from my personal experience I can say is nothing to be so worry about just  listen to the instructor and do everything that they ask of you and you will be fine remember always  cover your right side and keep ur four feet distance on the right and use your reference and pivot points and you will do just fine... good luck  

Congrats to all that qualified! It's a great feeling for sure.

Day 8/9 and 10 people just relax and execute everything you were taught, since you didn't qualify 6/7 you should know what you did wrong and just correct it from then on.

Scan and lean into those mirrors & call everything you see out there that's a potential hazard. You guys will make it out there.

CONGRATS TO ALL THE QUALIFIERS.

I received the email to report for the Medical next week.

Dang that was quick. I just did the Pre-Employment and Drug Screen on Tuesday. Lol

YEEEEAHHHH BOY. We moving guys. Keep it up everybody.

We will all be seeing each other on the road soon.

Dang that was quick. I just did the Pre-Employment and Drug Screen on Tuesday. Lol

You'll be in the April 3rd class... good luck and bring lunch lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be in the April 3rd class... good luck and bring lunch lol

Thanks SupaSaint01.

Are you gonna be in that the April 3rd Class?

from my personal experience I can say is nothing to be so worry about just  listen to the instructor and do everything that they ask of you and you will be fine remember always  cover your right side and keep ur four feet distance on the right and use your reference and pivot points and you will do just fine... good luck  

Thanks rafael28. Will do that. Listen to the Instructor, Cover my right, maintain my 4 feet, use reference and pivot points. GOTCHA

Congrats to you

It was a very interesting day. Good luck to everyone on every level.

Fantastic, need I say more, today we did the train EL pillars, I am training out of bronx , Gunhill depot, hardest part of day is commute from brooklyn and waiting sitting on bus waiting for my turn. LOL. Next week qualifying week, then if all goes well i still need to do DMV roadtest, I have CDL permit. Have Supt. Chadwick, what a blessing from above, the gods are watching over me, enough about me, how is everything going for you,

Back to this DMV test thing... they set you up with a DMV test?

And where do you take it?

And if you happen to fail that, what happens next?

Thanks SupaSaint01.

Are you gonna be in that the April 3rd Class?

Yessir! Scrambling to find the right outfit...Lol

Always an issue with me... you know how hard it is to find light blue sock..[emoji30]

regarding DMV roadtest, MTA sets it up for you, you pay 40 fee online, dont book date, give confirmation nymber to Supt. it you pass MTA training on day 7 or 9 you get 2 chances to pass DMV test, if you pass day 10 , you only get one chance. Now, if you pass MTA training and fail roadtest chances you are asked to resign from MTA. now for the socks they are DARK blue or black, its the SHIRT thats light blue

regarding DMV roadtest, MTA sets it up for you, you pay 40 fee online, dont book date, give confirmation nymber to Supt. it you pass MTA training on day 7 or 9 you get 2 chances to pass DMV test, if you pass day 10 , you only get one chance. Now, if you pass MTA training and fail roadtest chances you are asked to resign from MTA. now for the socks they are DARK blue or black, its the SHIRT thats light blue

Thanks!

And I was kidding about the socks! Lol!

But good looking either way.