B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 0 at Zerega today...paperwork, paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork. Drew there from Staten Island at 4.30, got there by 5.15am. No issue with parking.

Tomorrow, training out of Yukon,Staten Island, 10 min from my home ...am I lucky or what...:??

Sup. Negron..anybody here had him before..??

Saw your bus today sitting over by the lot on Forest Hill Rd. How is it so far?

Day 0 at Zerega today...paperwork, paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork. Drew there from Staten Island at 4.30, got there by 5.15am. No issue with parking.

Tomorrow, training out of Yukon,Staten Island, 10 min from my home ...am I lucky or what...:??

Sup. Negron..anybody here had him before..??

You're lucky to be close home but Supt Negro I had him for my 7 day. I qualified with him on day 7. Just keep in mind he's from the military so he will be tough on you, just follow his instructions and make him feel proud. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I had Negron last month for my 7 days and qualified in 7 with him as well. Definitely militant, don't put yourself down when he trolley brakes or scolds you. He gives tough love but it's for a good reason. He likes when you take your space. As Deuce said, make him feel proud. Also tell him that Ramos passed his road test and is now at Ulmer Park. Edited by scorpio2360

I had Negron last month for my 7 days and qualified in 7 with him as well. Definitely militant, don't put yourself down when he trolley brakes or scolds you. He gives tough love but it's for a good reason. He likes when you take your space. As Deuce said, make him feel proud. Also tell him that Ramos passed his road test and is now at Ulmer Park.

Exactly.....Everyday I can still hear his voice in my ears when I'm doing my tour and other motorists tries or does something stupid. He sure does love them trolly brakes lol. Still remember day 4 doing the El Pillars and I couldn't get it the first time and he made sure I did it perfect after a few scolding.

But very good instructor once he sees you get the picture and doing it the way he wants it done.

Edited by DueceDrives

Saw your bus today sitting over by the lot on Forest Hill Rd. How is it so far?

Going on to day 4. Supt. Negron is a a great instructor. He's drilling it right in. I have somewhat mastered the turns including acute turns and s turns. Have to look out more for hazards. He said I can drive the bus but to focus on safety. Today we did the S46 route. Hills, construction sites, school zones, acute turns, s turns..it had it all. Tomorrow to Coney Island for El pillars.

Hey everyone. Just an update for you all. I finished the Medical today and am going in tomorrow at 7:30am for the eFingerPrinting and to bring the Beneficiary Form in for the 21-pager that I had to complete. Then everything is done. They gave me the Benefits Orientation Package and took my picture for my ID. I signed the documents for the Training beginning on Monday April 3, 2017. It was a very long day, a very productive day and a very accomplished day today.

Things are really looking up. CONGRATS to all the Qualifiers like Teegrid67. Will see you all soon.

Hey everyone. Just an update for you all. I finished the Medical today and am going in tomorrow at 7:30am for the eFingerPrinting and to bring the Beneficiary Form in for the 21-pager that I had to complete. Then everything is done. They gave me the Benefits Orientation Package and took my picture for my ID. I signed the documents for the Training beginning on Monday April 3, 2017. It was a very long day, a very productive day and a very accomplished day today.

Things are really looking up. CONGRATS to all the Qualifiers like Teegrid67. Will see you all soon.

Good luck....!!!

Was any Staten Island depot on the list?

No n no queens for ta, only Mta bus

Ty n great wishes for you April 3 gogettum

Anyone in probation that can give good feedback... i just started line trainin and can defenitly use any advice ... as far as probation i ask bc it seems as if thats somethin tuff atleast everyone at my depot makes it sound like is hard anyone has anything they can share about that ? Thanks ahead

Edited by rafael28

Anyone in probation that can give good feedback... i just started line trainin and can defenitly use any advice ... as far as probation i ask bc it seems as if thats somethin tuff atleast everyone at my depot makes it sound like is hard anyone has anything they can share about that ? Thanks ahead

Probation stage is the next hardest challenge beside qualifying the 7 - 10 training. The reason is your position is not really safe during the first 12 months. At any giving reason, you can be dismissed after being extended, or more than 2 preventable accidents.

It's a challenge during the 12 months probation period, sometimes you can do the right thing, and something occurred. For instance you properly serving the bus stop and randomly another motorist ramp the side of the bus or a passenger on your bus fell while the bus is in motion. So it's a challenge.

The best way to go through the 12 months stage is to be positive and report to work on time. Operate the bus safely and avoid getting Red light , Speeding camera tickets.

Finished day 4. El pillars, reverse and parallel parking. My whole class did well. Drew the bus from Brooklyn to Staten Island on the highway, was a breeze.

Have to take a good rest over the weekend to hit the zoo on Monday. Probably uptown and midtown. Will be very challenging.

I'm beat line training kick my azz today 12 hours plus 3 Deveation slips to be paid.

Congrats to pre employment receivers n to those in 10 days training

Edited by Teegrid67

Probation stage is the next hardest challenge beside qualifying the 7 - 10 training. The reason is your position is not really safe during the first 12 months. At any giving reason, you can be dismissed after being extended, or more than 2 preventable accidents.

It's a challenge during the 12 months probation period, sometimes you can do the right thing, and something occurred. For instance you properly serving the bus stop and randomly another motorist ramp the side of the bus or a passenger on your bus fell while the bus is in motion. So it's a challenge.

The best way to go through the 12 months stage is to be positive and report to work on time. Operate the bus safely and avoid getting Red light , Speeding camera tickets.

Oh ok yea everyone tells me the se thing drive slowly and be careful especially threw probation that camera tickets can hurt u and stuff like they tell me dont rush and be careful safety above everything ... are u still on probation urself ? If so how is it goin for u so far?