B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

6:50 AM or 6:58 AM is too late...

What if something goes wrong?

7:00 AM does not mean the parking lot, 7:00 AM means you are seated at your seat on the 2nd Floor of Zerega.

You want to aim to be at Zerega

I totally agree with 161Newyork. They have a Zero tolerance for lateness at Zerega especially if you are trying to get the Job. Best suggestion is to try your best to leave home even earlier than you expected.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parking is good at zerega if you leave early, I traveled from Bensonhurst, left house 415am, arrived Zerega 5am, trip is about 35-45 min in morning. Parking out front. sounds crazy but, I heard people were refused entre after 7am, I have personally seen one person written up on day 12, he told me that because his dad was a B/O was only reason he wasn't fired on the spot. Written up for lateness, I drove belt to vanwyck to Whitestone bridge to 95n. Slam dunk for just one day. Good luck to day 0 crew.

I saw those queens college buses. I was saying to myself I wonder if that is youngnycsubwayfan lol.

It is...I'm usually on the PM shift, so I start driving those buses at around 3 PM in the afternoon until the Shuttle concludes @ 11 PM, respectively. By the way, the company is still hiring drivers, so if you or if anyone else is interested, just click here.

Parking situation at zerega is a go? Or no-go? Is there parking pretty close to the facility if not on site?

Coming from BKLYN and mass transit is 2 hrs but driving is 1:15 tops..

Just keep in mind that there is a School Bus company right across the street...

How often to they update the automated info when u call?

They usually update it on the evening of the first Sunday of every month. From my experience, it's safe to call after 5 PM.

Some Bklyn , Manhattan, and TheBx. 2 College point n 1 LGA. No more Queens n Staten Island

College Point and LGA are MTA Bus though and not NYCT. I believe CP and LGA have the same unions if Im not mistaken it's not twu 100, I think it's awu 1179. I could be wrong dont quote me on that. Good luck to the April 3rd class. Hopefully I'll get into the April 17th or the next class.

College Point and LGA are MTA Bus though and not NYCT. I believe CP and LGA have the same unions if Im not mistaken it's not twu 100, I think it's awu 1179. I could be wrong dont quote me on that. Good luck to the April 3rd class. Hopefully I'll get into the April 17th or the next class.

That was for march 6 picks n yes it was for mta bus but 3 students that was Mta bus with twu 100 union that got to pick there

Got a quick question. I missed both appointments in January, had to get name put back on list my number is 11xx, does anyone know how the process works or do I basically have to wait till they reach the end of the list to get a letter back for pre employment

I know this been answered before, however in your experience how long after the drug test do they send you an email/text? What's the shortest to longest period of time? I know they say 3 to 90 days has anyone actually had to wait the full 90 days? Thanks for the help

Call Mrs. Chestnut 347 643 8213 explain situation, leave message if she doesn't answer, give it till Thursday for return call, or try Wednesday with follow up call, she usual schedules you immediately becUse of your list number

Yes. I actually spoke with her and explained, I got my restored letter and she said around may...hopefully they'll get to me quicker idk.

If I called ms. Chestnut, would she say what list number they are up to? Since the automated number isn't reflecting what everyone is saying they are up to lol

automated system is delayed, don't rely on it...people's posts in here are a great measure. You can call her and ask if you want. 

What does the being on certification mean vs not on.

Outstanding certification means that DCAS has sent your name to the MTA to be called. At that point i would keep an eye out on the mail for a pre-employment letter. If your NOT on a outstanding certification that means your name hasn't been reached yet to be sent to the MTA for pre-employment.