B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone who made it. Bets of luck. Going on 8 months now, so far so good even clearing early, it gets better so don't get discouraged the first few weeks on extra list. Take your time, and remember make your own opinion of lines and people. How many people made it from the class so far?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

On my own this afternoon. Probation probation probation is all that's left

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Good luck to you teegrid67 and remember from this day on the paddle means NOTHING to us...as long as we pull out on time thats all that matters... good luck out there ..SAFETY FIRST ..

Good luck to you teegrid67 and remember from this day on the paddle means NOTHING to us...as long as we pull out on time thats all that matters... good luck out there ..SAFETY FIRST ..

Congrats teegrid67. You got this. like rafael28 said "SAFETY FIRST"

Did the line training on M14D and M23 SBS on the Artic..Now I got the hang of it. (For the benefit of those who are not in the MTA yet, Artic for short is Articulated double buses with an accordion type bellow in the middle).

Yeah dissa2000. We got a couple lines for the Atric too. Looks fun to operate. I start line training tomorrow out of West Farms.

I operated the NEW FLYER 2017 WiFi Bus on Friday for about 30 minutes. It is a SMOOTH RIDE. It has the Double Interlock with the brake and accelerator, a great Safety Feature. Now tomorrow I start Line Training out of West Farms and I'm looking forward to putting what I learned in training as well as my defensive driving skills to work as a TA Bus Operator.

I want to thank everyone for their support throughout this entire process. It has really been a journey for most of us and all of you have been so helpful on this forum, that I just wanted to let you all know that it is greatly appreciated.

I want to thank everyone for their support throughout this entire process. It has really been a journey for most of us and all of you have been so helpful on this forum, that I just wanted to let you all know that it is greatly appreciated.

On behalf of myself, the other moderators and everyone else on this website, you're most welcome!! Good luck!!

They put the brake dipping down and locking after a few seconds not really for safety, but because operators wanted it to help with their knees. It does help with safety too tho.

That 3 second service brake interlock was created for safety reason to prevent the bus from moving while standing in place. If you ever operated the new flyers, the service brakes acts just like an RTS where if you don't apply enough pressure and hold the service brake down enough the bus will roll. All the new flyers 7000's series and up comes with that feature. Even with the interlock kicks in transit wants you to cover and hold the service brake. The 4000's series doesn't come with that feature.

(Don't let a beekie catch you resting your leg when you are suppose to be covering the brake at all time unless you have secured the bus and getting ready to get off the seat.)

Edited by TheNYCTBeast

I drive them all the time. When I got training on the wifi artic the superindentent that did the training told me the real reason that 3 second brake lock was put in cause drivers were requesting it all over the place in all depots to help with their knees. It's a win win tho helps with knees and good for safety.

My list number is#31xx,i had my drug test on March 27th. I haven't heard anything since then. So my guess is some where between 3000 and 4000 range.

Surprised they didn't call you. Last class was 4/17. Next will be after the summer as I heard.