B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if all the exams were the same across all the schools, but I fumbled on one question from the exam that dealt with MTA policies.  I believe the question asked whether or not a woman was going against policies by attending some personal matter and calling out the morning of.  Was she going against policies or was she following them?

Oh that question....i had the same one. But i went by what the reading log stated by the rules. Personal days must be approved and sick days you need a dr note to be paid. Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Darn, guess that one got me...  figured it would be the "same" since you're calling out sick.  What you said regarding the rules does make more sense.

@elwood hey curious to know have you heard anything yet from when you took exam 2316.

The exam number is 2613 (http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/), NOT 2316. By now, everyone who passed the initial civil service examination and the BOSS exam should have received a "Notice of Result" letter in the mail with their list number and final score from the civil service examination. It is important to note that the list only contains 3,621 people, and if NYC Transit hires close to 200 Bus Operators a month, the list will be finished in 18 months (1 & 1/2 years).

Again, refer to http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34980-bus-operator-exam-2613-questions/ for more details/questions, etc.

Thanks for answering my question also for the correction and knowing what I meant much appreciated.

You're welcome.

What does that mean for exam 4600?

This means that for exam 4600 they will start calling people from this exam once they are finished from 2613, which should be April of 2015 (my educated guess).

Question regarding the Boss exam? Does the applicant have to apply for that or does the mta send you a notice for that exam?

If you pass the exam, they will send you a letter to come take the BOSS exam. After the boss exam if you pass that, they will send you your test score and where you place on the list.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2