B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Surprised they didn't call you. Last class was 4/17. Next will be after the summer as I heard.

Wow that's going to be more then 90 days then, I don't know if I should call them. I don't even know if calling them would do any good as they may tell me it's only Brenna month. Thanks for the info. Anyone else in the forum went to the March 27th pre employment and got called for the 4/17 class?. Which number do I call if so?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emailed mta this morning, Ms. Chestnut got back to me and she said the last number that was 309x so they haven't gotten to the 3100's. She said when they get more positions and reach my list number I will be contacted. That's good news

I emailed mta this morning, Ms. Chestnut got back to me and she said the last number that was 309x so they haven't gotten to the 3100's. She said when they get more positions and reach my list number I will be contacted. That's good news

The last number *hired*

The last number *hired*

You will be here sooner or later. If theres no class now, most likely by Summer Time.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

You will be here sooner or later. If theres no class now, most likely by Summer Time.

Thinking positive and waiting, just wanted to make sure I don't wait for nothing. 90 days from the end of March is July I believe if I calculated right. Hopefully May or June they have a class. Working for MTA is something I wouldn't feel it's another day going to a job I don't care for. It's my future my career.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, so hello! I got a call yesterday for my physical on  5/5- this Friday! What is the next step following medical? Thanks everyone.

First of all, welcome!

Second, providing you pass medical & are not put on medical hold, you will go for final processing, in which the interviewer will go over both sets of employment documents to make sure they match, enter you into payroll, get your photo taken for the MetroCard, get your fingerprints taken and that will be it (as far as I recall).

Third, you will report to Zerega for the 10-day training session. Click here for more information on that.

Again, welcome to the site!!

First of all, welcome!

Second, providing you pass medical & are not put on medical hold, you will go for final processing, in which the interviewer will go over both sets of employment documents to make sure they match, enter you into payroll, get your photo taken for the MetroCard, get your fingerprints taken and that will be it (as far as I recall).

Third, you will report to Zerega for the 10-day training session. Click here for more information on that.

Again, welcome to the site!!

Thank you very much!!! This has been a very long road and to actually have back to back contact and see things moving along is a great feeling

Welcome westbrighton718! What list number are you?

Hi Cory, 

Off of 4105- Im 175#

So now they are hiring off the OA list

Yes! My letter (dated 4/19) came on 4/21 to report to Livingston on 4/25. This was basically an application packet review, birth certificate, SS Card, air brake endorsement check, etc. I was told to return on 4/27 for the drug screening. I was expecting a 90 day wait, but I got a phone call on 5/2 instructing me to return to Livingston on 5/5 to complete the medical screening and to bring my DMV Abstract. So, after a longgggg wait everything is moving fast. Thanks for all the great info that's been posted here by so many. 

Yes! My letter (dated 4/19) came on 4/21 to report to Livingston on 4/25. This was basically an application packet review, birth certificate, SS Card, air brake endorsement check, etc. I was told to return on 4/27 for the drug screening. I was expecting a 90 day wait, but I got a phone call on 5/2 instructing me to return to Livingston on 5/5 to complete the medical screening and to bring my DMV Abstract. So, after a longgggg wait everything is moving fast. Thanks for all the great info that's been posted here by so many.

I see, I was called in on Monday March 27 for. My drug test I'm still waiting but I'm waiting for 4600(TA). It's been a long 3/4 years now just waiting for my medical.

I see, I was called in on Monday March 27 for. My drug test I'm still waiting but I'm waiting for 4600(TA). It's been a long 3/4 years now just waiting for my medical.

I will post updates as I go along, and I will be sure to ask the other applicants if they are TA or OA so that I can share with everyone who's getting called up.  

I will post updates as I go along, and I will be sure to ask the other applicants if they are TA or OA so that I can share with everyone who's getting called up.  

The Department of Buses will put in a class a combination of TA/OA/BC students or a class of only TA, OA or BC students.

Graduation day tomorrow...Excited. Had a Beeki (an undercover ride) on my bus today. Said I did really well and I passed. What a way to end the line training.

The real fun begins on your first day on your own. The first day is the worst day, but it definitely gets better with each passing day. Expect more undercover rides, you will get rides and might not know it. Treat every ride like you are getting a ride.

So now they are hiring off the OA list

The DOB hires off the TA/OA/BC lists depending on need. Supposedly, they have a ratio of TA/OA bus operators that needs to be maintained. (I don't know it).

The Department of Buses will put in a class a combination of TA/OA/BC students or a class of only TA, OA or BC students.

The real fun begins on your first day on your own. The first day is the worst day, but it definitely gets better with each passing day. Expect more undercover rides, you will get rides and might not know it. Treat every ride like you are getting a ride.

The DOB hires off the TA/OA/BC lists depending on need. Supposedly, they have a ratio of TA/OA bus operators that needs to be maintained. (I don't know it).

I just hope they call before 90 days. My question is what happens if they don't call within the 90 days am I SOL?

Is anyone having a prob with dcas automated. It keeps disconnecting when retrieving my info

I'm having the same problem...I would try after midnight or tomorrow, no one is there to resolve the problem.

Is anyone having a prob with dcas automated. It keeps disconnecting when retrieving my info

When calling DCAS they say they are at 1900 something. My name is 312x and I got a letter to drug test on March 27th and I Did. I don't think there's been another TA since early April. When I emailed them Ms. Chestnut said the last number hire was 309x. I don't know if this is what you where looking for.

When calling DCAS they say they are at 1900 something. My name is 312x and I got a letter to drug test on March 27th and I Did. I don't think there's been another TA since early April. When I emailed them Ms. Chestnut said the last number hire was 309x. I don't know if this is what you where looking for.

Thank you for the update...I was also inquiring about my status for the other lists that I'm on as well...I'll just try tomorrow morning, that's all...

Had surgery on my hand back in February, broken during attempted carjacking :angry: . I was called on the list already but put on hold to get restrictions removed. I can drive and have been driving but my hand is still in a cast. I've had my restrictions removed and i'm ready to go however when I call to get "reinstated". I don't want the list to expire/ basically miss my opportunity (12xx)

1. Would I be placed on medical hold?
  2. Would my hand be an issue for the physical test; what does the physical test consist of? Running on a treadmill? Pushups? :ph34r:
  3. I've been reading that there won't be another class until the end of summer, how true is that?
  4. I'm thinking they wouldn't allow me to train with my hand in a cast until the cast is off which I totally understand :( , given a list number of 12xx, how long do I have approx. before the list is potentially exhausted?
  5. During this time, I'm trying to earn my CDL B before I hopefully get called to training, do you think the DMV would allow me to road test with a cast on my arm??

Just trying to make sure I take full advantage of this opportunity after having waited so long. Any thoughts/feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Had surgery on my hand back in February, broken during attempted carjacking :angry: . I was called on the list already but put on hold to get restrictions removed. I can drive and have been driving but my hand is still in a cast. I've had my restrictions removed and i'm ready to go however when I call to get "reinstated". I don't want the list to expire/ basically miss my opportunity (12xx)

• Would I be placed on medical hold?
  • Would my hand be an issue for the physical test; what does the physical test consist of? Running on a treadmill? Pushups? :ph34r:
  • I've been reading that there won't be another class until the end of summer, how true is that?
  • I'm thinking they wouldn't allow me to train with my hand in a cast until the cast is off which I totally understand :( , given a list number of 12xx, how long do I have approx. before the list is potentially exhausted?
  • During this time, I'm trying to earn my CDL B before I hopefully get called to training, do you think the DMV would allow me to road test with a cast on my arm??
Just trying to make sure I take full advantage of this opportunity after having waited so long. Any thoughts/feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear that, Hope your hand get better soon. Chances are Transit 19a Doctors are very strict and that hand will put you on medical hold. Even with a doctor note clearing you after it heals, they will exam your hands with their own eyes to make sure you can perform the job safely. Hopefully after reinstating your list by the time they call you your hand will be fully healed.

As far training class goes My depot has been getting a lot of fresh probie like today doing depot orientation. Chances are they probably calling off the OA list and BC.

Edited by TheNYCTBeast