B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No accidents or moving violations within 3 years they will probably tell you to come back in 2019 when it's clear. Oh and no pending court/tickets

No i have the paper that says no more than 3 accidents in the years prior or no more than once accident in the last 12 months. What I wanted to know is if that would disqualify you immediately or would they just put your name on hold. My coworker at my current job also took the exam but he had an accident last August, August 31st to be exam, minor fender bender but still there's a police report so I'm asking to see if he should reinstate or just wait until the end of August to reinstate

Assuming today is Day 6 for current training class. Saw them on 106th Street yesterday training. Today saw Supt. Beard with his class heading to Union Square. Who ever has him, listen to everything he teaches, use it on a daily basis specially the look up when checking bus at battery compartment for damages.

Good luck today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

One accident is not a deal breaker. U can still get hired with an accident on your record. Just make sure you disclose it. Anyone on here telling u one accident is a dq is wrong.

Agreed. They just don't want you to lie and they find out later after they invested their time. Then they get you for not disclosing it.

Does anyone know exactly how the picks go for employment if you reinstate your name. If they are up to list #31xx but list 10xx reinstates, when would 10xx get called? And is there a hold on classes I'm getting all different answers nothing certain from mrs chestnut. 1 min it's they'll be calling in beginning of may to it may be another 3 months b4 another call. Patience is a virtue lol.

Is there a second pick?...

The 4/3 class is being sent to zerega again tomorrow but for what we don't know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because the general pick was about 2 months after graduation and I wanted to be closer to home.

Most likely General information (GI) day or graduation day

Edited by XBht26

Does anyone know exactly how the picks go for employment if you reinstate your name. If they are up to list #31xx but list 10xx reinstates, when would 10xx get called? And is there a hold on classes I'm getting all different answers nothing certain from mrs chestnut. 1 min it's they'll be calling in beginning of may to it may be another 3 months b4 another call. Patience is a virtue lol.

You'll be the first in your class in terms of seniority. From what everyone has been posting, the next class will be in the summer.

Once you reinstate, wait for two weeks and call Ms. Chesnut. That's about how long it will take Livingston to get the updates list from DCAS. If there's a class starting soon, she will call you for medical. Next class might be after summer if what I hear is correct. Good luck to you.

Is there a second pick?...

The 4/3 class is being sent to zerega again tomorrow but for what we don't know...

4/3 class is not going to Zerega tomorrow. Their graduation is on 5/17. Already had their GI day few weeks ago.

Has anybody waited the 90 days and not gotten a call from MTA after there pre employment /drug test. If so what happens next? Do they redo pre employment again? If the next class is before July I'm good counting(business days). If it's in August then my 90 days is expired. I feel if I call or email them they may give me a run around answer.

Has anybody waited the 90 days and not gotten a call from MTA after there pre employment /drug test. If so what happens next? Do they redo pre employment again? If the next class is before July I'm good counting(business days). If it's in August then my 90 days is expired. I feel if I call or email them they may give me a run around answer.

I've waited greater than 30 days, and all they had me re-do was the drug test since those are valid for only 30 calendar days. If you have to wait greater than 90 calendar days, then you will have to go in for medical again. They will not re-do your pre employment.

Providing you stay clean and take care of yourself, none of these should be a big issue.

I've waited greater than 30 days, and all they had me re-do was the drug test since those are valid for only 30 calendar days. If you have to wait greater than 90 calendar days, then you will have to go in for medical again. They will not re-do your pre employment.

Providing you stay clean and take care of yourself, none of these should be a big issue.

So they can contact you after you 90 days if there's no class between and the end summer?

What do they have you guys at zerega for today?

RE- pick due to high demand of workers in Brooklyn depots. L-Train shuttle service is on and popping..

Kicked Everyone from the 4/3 out of the Bronx and Manhattan and had to re-pick a Brooklyn borough.

RE- pick due to high demand of workers in Brooklyn depots. L-Train shuttle service is on and popping..

Kicked Everyone from the 4/3 out of the Bronx and Manhattan and had to re-pick a Brooklyn borough.

Wow, hope its better for the people that had a long commute to Manhattan or Bronx from Brooklyn. Was your class all TA? Anyone was at Manhattanville?

I am from the April 3rd class and my commute to West Farms in the Bronx, Reporting Time usually at 5AM is difficult, so I even went and bought a car this Saturday, just for the long early morning or late night commute. Yesterday, April 3rd Class, was told to report to Zerega today in which we had a Re-Pick. It was for TA ONLY.

The PICKS were as follows:

(15) Picks for FreshPond

(5)Picks for East New York

(10) Picks for Grand Avenue

and

(4)Picks for Flatbush

Flatbush picks went Fast and the East NY picks went even Faster. Lol

When it was my pick, I was left with the LAST Grand Avenue Pick and the rest was all FreshPond. I told the Superintendents that I needed to be reimbursed for the cost of the car I just purchased, because I bought it for the commute to West Farms. The (2) Superintendents both laughed. LOL

I then gratefully picked Fresh Pond and I know there is a GOD. I wanted to complete my one year probation at West Farms. The majority of the drivers are really COOL and some of the Dispatchers were down to earth and helpful. West Farms is an AWESOME Depot, just to far away for me to travel at those times, early in the morning or late at night, when other transportation is limited. (that's why I purchased the car) Now I feel I don't need the car, because I am right here in Brooklyn. LMAO.

So if anyone is interested in an economical vehicle, please let me know as I am thinking about selling it. I'm gonna see if it's worth me keeping it and then make my decision in a month or two.

FYI -  April 3rd Class Graduates next week, Wednesday, May 17th, 2017

I wish Everyone well and please continue to be safe out there and remember to be courteous to your fellow Bus Operator while you're on the road.