B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

+young good looks. If I had know first hand I would've really been on it.

No problem. Like I said, it always works for me, providing you incorporate it into your two meals before it's going to get checked (eg. dinner the day before and breakfast).

Quick update speak to ms. Chestnut, I have fill out the pre employment package again and she told me I could report tommorrow or next week. I will be reporting tomorrow morning since I'm free all day. Hopefully if all goes well I can get into the June 12th. class.

Good luck!!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a family emergency on Wednesday so I couldn't make my final processing date. Call Ms.chestnut and she told me to come in on Monday. I called my driving school and I can't move my road test to earlier. Hopefully maybe j could be placed on the following class after this if not I have no choice but to go in with just a permit.

Edited by tdevon2012

I called my driving school and I can't move my road test to earlier. Hopefully maybe I could be placed on the following class after this if not I have no choice but to go in with just a permit.

While in final processing, your interviewer will not only have a list of the upcoming class dates at Zerega, but will also work with you as well...just think positive and you should be fine. It's better to get the road test over with before you go into training, compared to after you qualify...trust me, and most of the other members in this forum/topic.

While in final processing, your interviewer will not only have a list of the upcoming class dates at Zerega, but will also work with you as well...just think positive and you should be fine. It's better to get the road test over with before you go into training, compared to after you qualify...trust me, and most of the other members in this forum/topic.

Your right. That was my whole plan. Get the CDL first. Hopefully they will work with me on Monday when I go in. I will say that once I got behind the wheel of a bus it wasn't as intimidating as I thought but hopefully they will let me go into the next class that would be perfect for my job as well because it wouldn't allow my to give a proper two weeks notice if I go in on June 12, which is right around the corner.

Going in with just a permit is not so bad. After you qualify day 7-10, the ones that have to take a road test, like I did, spent a few days training but superintendent were more relaxed and they just gave you more training time. I took the road test by zerega and it was a breeze, as long as you have pre-trip memorized. Best of luck to everyone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Going in with just a permit is not so bad. After you qualify day 7-10, the ones that have to take a road test, like I did, spent a few days training but superintendent were more relaxed and they just gave you more training time. I took the road test by zerega and it was a breeze, as long as you have pre-trip memorized. Best of luck to everyone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

from my understanding they also make you drive on the highway and you must call out everything you see. I was trying to look for the docs young had posted up but can't seem to find it.

well i'm new to the forum, I was called on 3/16/17 to fill out the paperwork but I had a traffic violation pending and the court date was 3/31/17. I was told I had to get it resolved first. I then returned 4/4/17 where I took the drug test and was told I was gonna be called to come back 3-90days I was then emailed to come back 4/12/17. I came back completed all paperwork and my medical processing was done but a small delay with my testing when they seen that my blood pressure was a little high so they sent me in the back for a 20min rest, I noticed that 4 other applicants were doing the similar process,  but they went to the front counter when I was waiting for the doctor to see me, I checked out and everything was ok. I then proceeded to the front counter and told them that the medical was complete. There were 3 other applicants were there waiting already, I noticed that two of the applicants had a blue folder and paperwork that was marked orientation on them. in my head i'm like yes i'm finally going to move onto the next step. I was called to the counter they checked my paperwork again the person behind the counter said the recruiters  are already with someone in the meanwhile go and get your photo taken for the id. i finished that and came back then the recruiter called me, looked over my paperwork and said there are no vacancies for jobs, i my head i wanted blow up... MTA just knows how to prolong a process. he then gave me a # to call Mrs. Chestnut to tell her I would like to reinstate my name on the list. I sent the email to the certification unit, now i'm just waiting. My drug test already expired and I hope they call before my medical expires, should I also send another email because they sent me a answer that my name is still on the list we will keep your request on hand in case your name is removed. i'm reading the previous post other people are saying they are being called in for the pre employment process and another class for June 12 has been schedule. Whats going on, anybody have and input for me? thanks in advance

well i'm new to the forum, I was called on 3/16/17 to fill out the paperwork but I had a traffic violation pending and the court date was 3/31/17. I was told I had to get it resolved first. I then returned 4/4/17 where I took the drug test and was told I was gonna be called to come back 3-90days I was then emailed to come back 4/12/17. I came back completed all paperwork and my medical processing was done but a small delay with my testing when they seen that my blood pressure was a little high so they sent me in the back for a 20min rest, I noticed that 4 other applicants were doing the similar process, but they went to the front counter when I was waiting for the doctor to see me, I checked out and everything was ok. I then proceeded to the front counter and told them that the medical was complete. There were 3 other applicants were there waiting already, I noticed that two of the applicants had a blue folder and paperwork that was marked orientation on them. in my head i'm like yes i'm finally going to move onto the next step. I was called to the counter they checked my paperwork again the person behind the counter said the recruiters are already with someone in the meanwhile go and get your photo taken for the id. i finished that and came back then the recruiter called me, looked over my paperwork and said there are no vacancies for jobs, i my head i wanted blow up... MTA just knows how to prolong a process. he then gave me a # to call Mrs. Chestnut to tell her I would like to reinstate my name on the list. I sent the email to the certification unit, now i'm just waiting. My drug test already expired and I hope they call before my medical expires, should I also send another email because they sent me a answer that my name is still on the list we will keep your request on hand in case your name is removed. i'm reading the previous post other people are saying they are being called in for the pre employment process and another class for June 12 has been schedule. Whats going on, anybody have and input for me? thanks in advance

This situation is weird. Was your drug exam still good? If DCAS still has you on the list you would have to wait for the mta to take you off and then email to reinstate yourself.

Whats going on, anybody have and input for me? thanks in advance

Just stay on-top of your game with both MTA & DCAS, and "hopefully" you'll be in the next class, that's all...

Edited by +Young+

June 12 is the next class for 4600 I confirmed today. Hopefully I get called for medical next week and maybe make that class(wishful thinking). I was also told they invite more people to pre employment then needed just in case(people fail Dt or move or can't make a class medical hold etc.) So if they don't get you into any of the next class they bring you back for PE and DT I guess until you get into a class.

So if they don't get you into any of the next class they bring you back for PE and DT I guess until you get into a class.

Definitely for the Drug Test since they are only valid for thirty (30) calendar days.

As far as medical, it depends on the timing, since those are valid for ninety (90) calendar days.

yea the drug test is good everything was good, just didn't have any jobs available because the class was full

This situation is weird. Was your drug exam still good? If DCAS still has you on the list you would have to wait for the mta to take you off and then email to reinstate yourself.

Same boat future. Looking for the take home, my bro did one I'll post the dr info but ran him 400. Insurance can cover but it was a wait for them to do it.

400 for the whole isn't to bad. It's worth the money. Thanks for the contact appreciate it.

Hoeofully we get this done and get into the next class

Going to Day 10 on Monday and am stressed out. Any advice? I got gigged on bumping a curb trying to navigate all those double parked cars. Since Ill be driving out of Zerega does that mean I will do day 10 in the Bronx? So far not scanning my mirrors, and bumping a curb are the only mistakes I made, but, unfortunately I made them on qualification days. Manhattan is a jungle to test in.

Any advice for Monday would be appreciated. Thanks